Page 223 of 233 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 5822
    Believe.
    Post Count
    dallas moved off of bertans, moved back, and still got Lively. masterclass. they then bought another FRP from sacto for fairly cheap, tho Propser didnt do much as a rook
    The thing is if you wanna move back in this draft, Okc is either #12 or #11 depending on if Chicago beats hobbled Miami tonight. And moving up in the draft is Presti’s M.O. So assuming Presti has his heart set on a particular player, something like #6 or #7 for #11 or #12 + Gleague finals MVP and Champion Dieng. There’s not roster room for Dieng to play right now on Okc but he looks absolutely awesome in the gleague and I think he would fit with Wemby amazingly well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not sure that he can average 10 assists/game in the NBA but probably a better defender than Nash.
    Remember he shared the assists chores with dilly and dilly gets good assists number because he was the receiver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news for our ATL25-27 picks, SAC surprisingly losing versus the Pelicans means that the pick the Kings owe the Hawks will not convey. That pick looked a lock to convey through most of the season, so that’s got to really sting for Atlanta, but good for us!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it unreasonable to think that the 2 Kentucky guys might have that leaps to make with real coaching and not Calipari nonsense? Did he even prep his team for the tourny before slinking off to another school?

I know the reputation Kentucky guards who are first rounders have, but is it more pronounced this year as Calipari declined into old age?

I watched the high school game of Shepperd vs Bronny and he was like the same player, couldn't really think of what he's improved in.

Would NBA coaching make Sheppard and Dillingham have higher ceilings than other prospects?

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it unreasonable to think that the 2 Kentucky guys might have that leaps to make with real coaching and not Calipari nonsense? Did he even prep his team for the tourny before slinking off to another school?

I know the reputation Kentucky guards who are first rounders have, but is it more pronounced this year as Calipari declined into old age?

I watched the high school game of Shepperd vs Bronny and he was like the same player, couldn't really think of what he's improved in.

Would NBA coaching make Sheppard and Dillingham have higher ceilings than other prospects?
    I think both those guards have incredible ceilings offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving back from 10 to 12 or 7 to 8 is on thing, moving back from a top 5 or all the more a top 3 pick is another one

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not unreasonnable at all imo...

Saw a video recently recapitulating all the former KU guards in the NBA and it's an impressive list.

KU scouting is elite, they rarely miss

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is if you wanna move back in this draft, Okc is either #12 or #11 depending on if Chicago beats hobbled Miami tonight. And moving up in the draft is Presti’s M.O. So assuming Presti has his heart set on a particular player, something like #6 or #7 for #11 or #12 + Gleague finals MVP and Champion Dieng. There’s not roster room for Dieng to play right now on Okc but he looks absolutely awesome in the gleague and I think he would fit with Wemby amazingly well.
    Presti might laugh at anything the Spurs have to offer. Aside from Wemby, the Thunder and okc blue look better at every position and they still don’t need extra draft picks. Dieng does look like he has a future in the league.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Presti might laugh at anything the Spurs have to offer. Aside from Wemby, the Thunder and okc blue look better at every position and they still don’t need extra draft picks. Dieng does look like he has a future in the league.
    Yeah spurs don’t really have any players Okc would want. But if Presti sees the next potential Jalen Williams or perfect final piece in this draft and he can snag him at #7 then that is enough for spurs to snag a nice return. Presti is in overpay mode to get what he wants. The rich can afford it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey is too slow for today's NBA and its mobile, athletic bigs. The game is gonna terribly accelarate for him and he's not exactly a stretch big.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Edey is too slow for today's NBA and its mobile, athletic bigs. The game is gonna terribly accelarare for him and he's not exactly a stretch big.
    I don’t know about Edey, but if he falls to #35 why not? I just really hope they use all 3-4 draft picks and replace the bottom four players with them. Cut graham, bassey and Wesley. Replace with the first round picks and the first second round pick. And then use the last second round pick for a fresh two way. Time to find some diamonds in the rough.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually like Holland a lot more than I liked Kuminga in 2021. Their numbers look similar on paper, but Holland to me has a lot more suddenness and lateral agility to his game while Kuminga had more power. I worry about his rim finishing - even though the guy is an automatic paint touch, he shot 57% at the rim in a league where there is basically no paint protection.

The main argument for Holland from my perspective is this:
    Elite draft prospects are a combination of 3 things:
    1. Youth
    2. Physical tools
    3. Production against similar age or more mature prospects

In spite of his sometimes bonehaded plays and terrible outside shooting, Holland is probably the guy in the draft that best combines the 3. He'll still be 18 on draft night. His athleticism clearly pops given his first step, lateral quickness, and transition finishing (To me it's a wash between him and Dunn as the best athlete in the draft). And despite being put in a role that he clearly wasn't used to, he put up decent numbers against more mature compe ion. He actually did way better as a first-time primary initiator than I expected for an 18 year old, especially for a guy who was playing really without a point guard for most of the year and who played his entire high school career as an energy/glue guy/finisher. And he did improve over the course of the year; during the regular season his FT% was 76% while he put up a positive AS:TO. He shot poorly, but his form looks pretty good on his jumper as long as he corrects his base a little. And given his youth, you'd expect the rim finishing, handle, and jumper to improve over time especially as he gains more strength.

Compared to Kuminga, he shoots FTs better and has a higher motor both on tape and based on his metrics given his high OREB% and high STL%. Between that and his lateral agility and better defense, I think there's a good chance he turns out better than Kuminga down the line. Most reasonable estimate of his measurements are 6'7-6'8" with shoes and 6'10-6'11" wingspan which is decent for a wing especially with his athleticism. I think he's a perfectly reasonable top 3-5 pick in most drafts because of this so getting him anywhere outside the top 4 is probably a steal.

As an aside, you can very easily envision the play style that the Spurs would have if they took Holland and Sheppard. 2 elite perimeter defenders (Holland to guard the quick wings and guards, Sochan to guard the strong wings) in front of a Wemby backline. A defense focused on turnover generation and playing the passing lanes between Sheppard and Holland, both of whom had elite STL%, who have full license to gamble with Wemby behind them. An elite shooting PG who excels at hit-ahead passes in transition and pushing the pace synergizing with an athletic wing who excels in transition finishing. Sheppard's lack of advantage creation in the half court being covered up by Holland's ability to generate paint touches allowing him to function as an off-ball shooter. It's an interesting combo that I haven't thought about before but definitely seems appealing.
    Last edited by SpursBills; 1 Week Ago at 11:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m confident the spurs will draft the right guy, this is the type of draft they find their George Hill/Derrick White in hopefully.

im warming up to the prospects we just can’t expect any S om but if we find a solid starter it’s a win

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m confident the spurs will draft the right guy, this is the type of draft they find their George Hill/Derrick White in hopefully.

im warming up to the prospects we just can’t expect any S om but if we find a solid starter it’s a win
    Hope it's more White and less Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league has really moved more towards skilled players over physically dominant players. Obviously there’s a minimum threshold for physical attributes and all things being equal the more physically gifted a player is the better. But if all the top players in the league, Luka and sga are not physically overwhelming. Jokic is big but slow and can barely jump over a phone book. Tatum Sabonis and Brunson are all relatively normalbby nba standards. Sure players like Giannis, embiid and morant are freaks of nature but these are all players with strong skill basis.

My point is as long as we can get someone who is moderately physically gifted but has a good skill set to build upon then they have a chance to excel. I do like Shepard a lot and thinks he could be red 2.0. Not a huge fan of buzelis or topic. At all.

Sarr I don’t know. But the spurs likely won’t even have the chance.

Note: a player has to be not short though. Brunson is really an exception

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

im not.Other then wemby the spurs last few years of draft picks have been bad.The spurs scouts better be on their
    a game in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Telling about spurs recent draft record that you had to go back 7 years ago...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Telling about spurs recent draft record that you had to go back 7 years ago...
    Both Sochan and Vassell were good picks… Go hate on Reddit or something

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone still thinks drafting guards that can't shoot is fine in 2024, they should tune in to this Magic game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Sochan and Vassell were good picks… Go hate on Reddit or something
    We passed on Haliburton who was ours for the taking. So no it wasn’t a good pick. We have Wemby now so it covered that mistake by Wrong. But he can’t make the same mistake twice. It’s on him to ensure that nobody after our pick does better than who get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We passed on Haliburton who was ours for the taking. So no it wasn’t a good pick. We have Wemby now so it covered that mistake by Wrong. But he can’t make the same mistake twice. It’s on him to ensure that nobody after our pick does better than who get.
    In every single draft you could say we passed on so and so for this guy, if we had Halliburton we wouldn’t have wemby right now so your logic is pointless.
    Last edited by Degoat; 1 Week Ago at 02:02 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In every single draft you could say we passed on so and so for this guy, if we had Halliburton we wouldn’t have wemby right now so your logic is stupid.
    It's not about the logic of passing on someone, it's about evaluating our front office's competence in the draft.
    Right now the truth is that their asses were saved by 14% odds last year. Imagine if we didn't have Wemby. Would've probably been worse than process Sixers and two years away from being two years away.
    Don't forget that we were in the lottery for 4 straight seasons before this one.

I'm not taking Devin pick against them, we had both DJ and Derrick on the roster at the time, drafting Haliburton wasn't an option.
    The issue is that Spurs were everyone's pick for best drafting franchise for almost two decades and right now we're average at best. If that.

2018 - Lonnie already out of the league for all intents and purposes. Still, this one was understandable. Lonnie was ridiculously athletic, had picture perfect jumper, just never put it together.
    2019- Picked Samanic, a player noone ever heard of. Inexcusable. Keldon pick saved the draft, but still.
    2020 - Wright's best draft. Devin and Tre were great picks.
    2021 - Primo being an exhibitionist saved their asses and gave them an excuse. He was trash and would be out of the league, either way. We all expected Sengun pick, but for some reason this was the one draft they didn't go for an European prospect.
    2022 - Jeremy is a solid pick, but also a fundamentally flawed player. Forward that couldn't shoot whatsoever. He's making progress, but on the other hand there's Jalen Williams picked three spots later and is a perfect player for the modern NBA. Branham and Wesley are failed picks already. Braun and Kessler were picked right after Branham, way better picks. Nikola Jovic was picked after both Branham and Wesley and is contributing on a contender.

Now please do elaborate why do you think there's cause for optimism in such awful draft full of fundamentally flawed players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone still thinks drafting guards that can't shoot is fine in 2024, they should tune in to this Magic game.
    I can't wait until we draft our next "he can't shoot but can defend. Maybe he'll learn how to shoot in 3 years" or "he can shoot but can't defend. Maybe he can become an average defender in 3 years".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In every single draft you could say we passed on so and so for this guy, if we had Halliburton we wouldn’t have wemby right now so your logic is pointless.
    The point is about their draft evaluations and not butterfly effects of ingenuously making subpar picks for the master plan of getting wemby 3 years later

Thread Information