Page 242 of 307 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 7663
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a player is exempted from the Combine because of overseas commitments, how does that impact the medical reports? It Topic's going to be from some Bratislavan doctor/local veterinarian?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Givony says Dillingham and timvp says Dillingham, then Dillingham must be our man.
    The latter was a big board, not mock draft and in both cases the crux was basically he'd fill the obvious need for shot creation/shooting.

Neither seemed to consider the obvious though, which is the Spurs rigidity and longstanding preference for a bigger lead guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic looks a legit 6’7 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just some college kid/aspiring NBA scout or writer... but I generally like his takes. Here is his big board. Definitely counter to popular opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In most cases, I would agree with you but there are some strange cir stances here:
    - He should have been out 4 to 6 weeks and he missed 15 weeks.
    - They never communicated on what specific knee injury he had.
    - The owner of his team said there were torn ligaments and that he was surprised he could be healed without surgery.

That's worrying to me, careers can be wasted because of knee issues.

I kind of thought this could happen as they are some injuries' that do not need immediate surgery they can kind of heal on there own if given enough time. I am thinking this is where they said "It will hurt but it won't do anymore damage and it might heal if you give it a few months of rehab" If that doesn't work then your going to need surgery to fix the knee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's MVP voting sure makes all of those upcoming draft picks look promising.

1. Jokic: #41 pick in draft
    2. SGA: #11
    3. Doncic: #3
    4. Giannis: #15
    5. Brunson: #33

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like would be 6'2" without the freakish neck tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so... here's a pic of him standing next to Branko Lazic (who's listed at 6'5") in September of 2022: https://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/news-photo/nikola-topic-44-and-branko-lazic-10-poses-during-the-news-photo/1243598837

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so... here's a pic of him standing next to Branko Lazic (who's listed at 6'5") in September of 2022: https://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/news-photo/nikola-topic-44-and-branko-lazic-10-poses-during-the-news-photo/1243598837
    thats actually a pretty useful picture tbh. the shoulder height there is virtually identical. standing reach is going to matter more than height tbh. the height helps a little bit when it comes to vision, but its not functional height as far as where the ball is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the risk of sounding extremely insensitive... Topic looks like a Make-a-Wish winner

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a pic from January with 6-3 Nemanja Nedovic, shoulders slightly higher but that neck be craning

https://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail...oto/1900663197

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic vs Jovic (6'9.5" barefoot / 207 cm - source)

Topic vs Branko Lazic (6'4.5" barefoot / 194 cm - source)

Topic vs Ivanovic (6'1.75" barefoot / 189 cm - source)

He's probably a legit 6'4" / 6'5" barefoot, but funcionally probably closer to the former (long neck, narrow shoulders but long arms)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thankfully Mega put Nikola Durisic next to Topic in this team picture. Durisic was at last years draft combine and was measured
    6' 7.00'' without shoes. So Topic should likely be
    6' 5''. and yes, his shoulder height looks like a6' 3'' guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thankfully Mega put Nikola Durisic next to Topic in this team picture. Durisic was at last years draft combine and was measured
    6' 7.00'' without shoes. So Topic should likely be
    6' 5''. and yes, his shoulder height looks like a6' 3'' guy.
    They look really close, so maybe more 6'6 without shoes and 6'7 with ? at least he's 6'6 imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now I can't unsee that giraffe neck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember it wasn’t too long ago that Brian Wright was enamored with a 6”7 PG who was the youngest player in the draft……

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering Spurs do have a very good chance to pick at either 6, 7, or 8, with their own pick or the Raptors pick (or Even two picks in that range) I already expressed my sympathy to reach for McCain with this pick. the last days I was starting to think more and more about Cody Williams, who went from overrated to probably underrated in most mocks.
    and I looked closer to his season, that was kind of a series of mishaps. Three injuries, each at a bad time, (Not that there was a good time for it), once missing five weeks, then playing with a broken face bone, then three weeks out with an ankle injury, coming back for the Conference Tournament (maybe to soon?) having lost his spot in the starting line up, playing poor in a new role, on low unsage and likely not healthy.
    and when he finally found his form again and delivered two okayish games in the the tour, the season was over.
    of course, it‘s pure speculation on my side, but what if he had had a less damaged season? he might look like a pretty reasonable pick for 6 to 8. if we focus on his better games, he looks like a very nice fit as a quality role player. considering his late groth and that his brother was also late bloomer, he might be at a similar trajectory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad our future PG is legitimately tall. That is nice. If he ever learns to shoot (which I doubt) his height will help him against tiny close out defenders

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really, really, really hope the Raptors pick does not convey. Next year's draft looks to be the strongest draft in a decade and I'd much rather have an extra pick there. Even if the Raptors are in the 12-15 range the talent is better than the 7-9 range this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

Clingan has moved up significantly in my eyes.
    He looks like a Poeltl level player to me AT A MINIMUM.
    In a draft this ty that kind of floor is gold.
    Spurs would be foolish to pass on him if he is BPA, regardless of perceived fit.
    This team is too devoid of talent to ignore BPA.
    If all else is equal on the big board then by all means take a PG or SF over other positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah wtf. Dude should donate a few of those inches to Keldon's neck stump tbh.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just some college kid/aspiring NBA scout or writer... but I generally like his takes. Here is his big board. Definitely counter to popular opinion.

His description of Isaiah Collier is why I can't totally rule him out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol thumb head

it's so noticeable once ppl started pointing it out lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clingan has moved up significantly in my eyes.
    He looks like a Poeltl level player to me AT A MINIMUM.
    In a draft this ty that kind of floor is gold.
    Spurs would be foolish to pass on him if he is BPA, regardless of perceived fit.This team is too devoid of talent to ignore BPA.
    If all else is equal on the big board then by all means take a PG or SF over other positions
    Albeit a good player, Clingan's archetype caps his ceiling at role player that may be played off the floor in big moments, he's a bad fit alongside Wemby and a massive injury risk given his weight and history. The only waty I'd draft him is if the Toronto pick conveys, the FO absolutely HATES everyone else on the board, and the pick's trade value is low. Then you may draft Clingan as a store of value if nothing else, being highly likely that he'll be a good NBA player and once he proves that he'll be worth more. He's good but not a long term piece or worthy of a high lottery pick, and I'd rather gamble on someone else.

Thread Information