Page 218 of 310 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 7735
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Topic sucks in his return, the narrative will be that he’s just rusty. If he plays well, it’ll be “He came back to silence the haters.” Win-win for him tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confident Topic will be the Spurs pick.
    I hope only if they fall to like 7, or take him with the Toronto pick if it conveys. Don't like drafting a guy too scared to play Euroleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Topic sucks in his return, the narrative will be that he’s just rusty. If he plays well, it’ll be “He came back to silence the haters.” Win-win for him tbh.
    He can't silence by going to the scrub league while avoiding Euroleague after looking trash there for a game and a half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick look at the standings puts things into perspective.
    Topic's team finished Euroleague with 11-23, 16th out of 18 teams.
    They're 22-4 in ABA league.

Says enough, tbh.
    Maybe not NBA to G-league difference, but not that far from it.
    I'm shocked to learn that a bunch of North Macedonian goat farmers aren't the pinnacle of basketball excellence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blech, he probably is near the top of the Spurs board though for his size, just like Primo's scrub ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Savior tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a , Euroleague is over. Would be chicken to come back to play ABA against a bunch of scrub ass white boys.
    I guess it's all perspective because I think his ABA team could probably beat 99% of College teams

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked to learn that a bunch of North Macedonian goat farmers aren't the pinnacle of basketball excellence.
    Fom my understanding, teams that play both Euroleague and ABA don't play their best players in ABA most of the time.
    Topic's team would most likely be able to have 100% winrate in ABA if they tried.

Him playing there for the strongest team doesn't mean much.
    Only a handful of best Euroleague players are good for the NBA and it's ruleset, ABA league is way below.
    I understand Topic is just 18, but I've copy/pasted that same post over and over again about no European point guards other than Rubio and Doncic making it in the NBA over the past 15 years. None.

While it's true that FIBA rules make it difficult to score and require players to have higher bball IQ, those rules also help mask lack of athleticism.
    Topic isn't a bad defender because he's young, he's a bad defender because he's disgustingly slow-footed and can't stay in front of anyone.
    If he's bad under FIBA ruleset, he'd easily be the worst defender in the NBA.

And he can't shoot. Not even his midrange is reliable, as already mentioned.
    He could become a solid NBA point guard, but there's absolutely no way he ever becomes a star player.
    What's the point of drafting him with a top5 pick then? To wait three years before he becomes a servicable starter?

There's just way too many variables that would have to allign for him to be worth the pick.
    Athleticism will never be there, he'd have to improve both his defense and his shot.
    Even though I don't think guards with no range have a place in modern NBA, I'd rather gamble on one of those athletic freaks to develop a shot.

People in here are ting on Trae ing Young, but want a player who won't ever be any better defensively and has maybe 5% chance to come close to Trae's offensive output.
    Last edited by LeBowen; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:32 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope only if they fall to like 7, or take him with the Toronto pick if it conveys. Don't like drafting a guy too scared to play Euroleague.
    I'm not high on him either. Rather take Castle in the Spurs range of pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blech, he probably is near the top of the Spurs board though for his size, just like Primo's scrub ass.
    Yep, It wouldn't even be a surprise if the Spurs reach for Topic if they win the first pick worrying he won't be there for them at 7 with the Toronto pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not high on him either. Rather take Castle in the Spurs range of pick.
    Agreed, at least I know Castle gives a . Topic shutting it down for three months until he can statpad in a weak league is such a horrible look.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, at least I know Castle gives a . Topic shutting it down for three months until he can statpad in a weak league is such a horrible look.
    Kind of strange Topic is suddenly good to play when reports had him supposedly being back weeks ago.

He may play now just to show he isn't injured and good to go for the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive been warming to holland tbh, but would feel much more comfortable taking him if we got the raptors pick as well so we could also add one of the sharpshooters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron Holland's quote is hilarious.
    The 'almost' must be referring to the Ignite, where he and his prodigious teammates inep ude are partly responsible for the NBA shuttering the program altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In on Jakobe Walter for the second pick from TOR if it conveys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In on Jakobe Walter for the second pick from TOR if it conveys.
    if hes a good shooter then why dont he shoot good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Moneyball references are winners in my book

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Season is over. The draft has already been talked to death. Sigh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oof. This truth just punched me in the chest. I want Rob Thrillingham and Cody Williams, personally. Safe picks, that will produce sooner, rather than later, rather than never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% agree. I want proven commodities not mystery box players. This is like Shaedon Sharpe all over again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the Moneyball references and such a good meme with apt parallels imo

Was wild to see Ja'Kobe on Pelton's list top ten. What good is all the potential for Walter if it largely goes untapped? This is like Keyonte all over again. George's numbers show a lot of time and work are necessary imo but it's early still and I like Keyonte hope he does well but concerning numbers shooting, orchestrating the offense and defensively apparently. Gotta figure that's also what's in store for whomever goes with Walter this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t watched a ton of Ja’kobe walters but seems at a short glance he could be this years Victor Oladipo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelton probably likes Walter because he's young, gets up a huge volume of 3s with a good FT%, and gets to the line at an excellent rate. He shoots a ton of his 3s off movement too so it's not like he's got an easy shot diet. Not a whole lot of freshmen in recent memory that can do all that, so there is an argument that he has the potential to be a great offensive weapon down the road.

Personally, I'm not a fan. Average SG sized, hasn't shown any passing chops, horrible defensive metrics. Really limited value if you're trying to pick him high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be shocked if topic ever turns out to be a star. Jose Calderon is likely his ceiling. Based on the few highlights I’ve seen.

Thread Information