Page 45 of 150 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3740
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    spurs have a megastar.........wembanyama was mentioned by both lil wayne & the espy host in the first 5 minutes of the program.......

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs have a megastar.........wembanyama was mentioned by both lil wayne & the espy host in the first 5 minutes of the program.......
    If the spurs don't muck this up they could be media darlings for the next 2 decades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were the Spurs, I would hire Scola just to teach him the "Scola screen", which basically is not screening at all. You just show up to the screen, and roll (or pop) a split second before making contact. Scola made a living out of that.
    he already does that a lot, no ? maybe not as well as scola, or as late, but i saw him do that plenty of times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love me some Hip-Hop but I will never understand how the this song is a hit, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammit... I hate that Wemby endorsing something like this makes me want to try it, specifically because I believe he takes care of his body correctly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs don't muck this up they could be media darlings for the next 2 decades
    Spurs will never be media darlings. The media loves Wemby but not the Spurs and will do everything it can to push Wemby out of SA in several years to a bigger market.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's already started the way they've been kissing his ass directly and ramping up external drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The admiral was huge back in the day. Never made the spurs media darlings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will never be media darlings. The media loves Wemby but not the Spurs and will do everything it can to push Wemby out of SA in several years to a bigger market.
    They don’t like Giannis in Milwaukee either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not excited about any of these rappers, celebrities, media people repping the Spurs now. I know it's all fake and they are not real fans of the Spurs. The Spurs are the equivalent of that ugly guy who the girls didn't want until he won the lottery. The media is the equivalent of a bunch of s who now want to use and exploit the Spurs for money. This is a dog and pony show. I see it for what it is, and I will never forget how these phony media guys did everything they could to side with Kawhi and to get him to LA.

I'm excited about having Wemby but the downside is now we have to deal with all these ty media people who are looking to cause problems. I have never liked Windhorst and now to hear him talking about the Spurs 24/7 is going to suck. These media guys will be working hard the next 7-8 years to create dissension within the organization and to get Wemby out of SA count on it. these media guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You may be right about that, but maybe not.

The media seems to go out of its way to go on and on about how "perfect" it was that Wemby ended up with the Spurs.

No one seems too mortified.

The media cares about ratings. The more teams that can garner ratings, the better. Big market teams get ratings whether they're good or not. The Spurs have to be good to get those ratings.

So if the Lakers are good and the Spurs are bad, the networks have one "ratings-getting" team to work with.

But if the Lakers are bad and the Spurs are good, the networks have two teams that get ratings that they can work with. Overall, they can count on more highly-rated matchups on the schedule.

Also, Wemby will have some say in whether he wants to leave.

Foreign players seem to stay where they first land in America more than US-born players do.

If this is correct (it just appears that way to me), there may be a reason or two.

The foreign player's first NBA city is pretty much all he knows about America, an unfamiliar (and possibly intimidating) place generally.

That first city might be the place he starts to get familiar with -- it may even begin to feel like home. An argument can be made that that's what happened with Parker and Ginobili (in fact, they still have homes in SA).

The US player, on the other hand, already has at least one or two hometowns before he's even drafted (where he grew up, where he went to college/G League if not his hometown, etc.). That's where his friends are, that's where "the life" he's familiar with is, that's where the unconditional adulation for him likely began (as opposed to his first NBA city and the expectations of fans who may not have that unquestioning allegiance).

At this point, Wemby's decision to stay or leave is a long way off and, hopefully, the Spurs will have all of the above going for them.

If so, we may be in better shape than we think to keep Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is a great place for Wemby. He'll get media attention everywhere he goes but gets to focus on basketball at home. The team in general is more public facing than in the past and overall that's a good thing. Keldon and Sochan in particular are very attractive as personalities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio is a great place for Wemby. He'll get media attention everywhere he goes but gets to focus on basketball at home. The team in general is more public facing than in the past and overall that's a good thing. Keldon and Sochan in particular are very attractive as personalities.
    Excellent point.
    I think that is going to be consistently underrated yet noticed point for our said next superstar.
    Last edited by tonight...you; 07-13-2023 at 07:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst stretch to be a Spurs fan was when TP was dating/married to that idiot actress.

Britney Spears is just the beginning. The silver lining is that Victor will never leave SA. He'll be happy to be at home and at the practice facility, and he can spend the rest of his free time in France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love me some Hip-Hop but I will never understand how the this song is a hit, tbh.
    A Milli is ing amazing my dude. Easily my favorite Wayne song.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Milli is ing amazing my dude. Easily my favorite Wayne song.
    I gotta go with this one. That third verse about when he shot himself at 13 is wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope we could win one more before the End

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just remember, as all these celebs start flaunting their Wemby jerseys… that Selena Gomez is the real one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, playing a handful of games in Austin each year probably helps with the media being a little more friendly to the Spurs.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Honestly, playing a handful of games in Austin each year probably helps with the media being a little more friendly to the Spurs.
    first take with stephen a smith would do a show in austin not san antonio........

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst stretch to be a Spurs fan was when TP was dating/married to that idiot actress.

Britney Spears is just the beginning. The silver lining is that Victor will never leave SA. He'll be happy to be at home and at the practice facility, and he can spend the rest of his free time in France.
    You can't be serious

Thread Information