Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3736
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree....Wemby could of averaged 25 and 14 and 4 or 5 blocks.But we treated him like a role player most the season and were way to caustious
    with the min restrictions with him.We costed him a allstar and dpoy.Shamefull from our org....There is no way we repeat that mistake
    and up with his dpoy and mvp awards potential this season and in the future.
    This.. thats why if pop continue to restict his minutes even if he's young then wemby shoukd demand for a trade to avteam thay will play him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you ever also notice how often Wemby looked out of breath and gassed out there? By the end of the season, he seemed to hold up better and seemed to handle the extended minutes much better.
    well yeah....wemby was the only guy putting in effort defending.His ty team mates in branham,tre and even vassell was pathetic in defending.
    Wemby had to help defend or guard mutiple guys cause of terrible defenders like branham.Im sure that will get u tired fast.Wouldint mind
    if we get somebody like kriss dunn,A long great defensive pg to help with perimenter defending.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you ever also notice how often Wemby looked out of breath and gassed out there? By the end of the season, he seemed to hold up better and seemed to handle the extended minutes much better.
    which magnifies pops up

starting from game 1 when wemby came out gasping for air

pop should have immediately let him sit for only two minutes and thrown him back in

the. As soon as he looks gassed repeat the same thing

within 10-20 games wemby would have started doing what it took him til the all star break to start doing

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.. thats why if pop continue to restict his minutes even if he's young then wemby shoukd demand for a trade to avteam thay will play him
    Ah, if it comes to that, Wemby and the entire SA Metro area better be showing up to Holt and Dell's places demanding Pop be bounced out on his lily white ass. Not traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh . Wemby didn’t get DPoY. Wemby should demand a trade. I’m a spurs fan but I only look out for wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh . Wemby didn’t get DPoY. Wemby should demand a trade. I’m a spurs fan but I only look out for wemby.
    Yes he should in the future if resticting minutes continue. It cost him ASG and atleast all nba 3rd team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes he should in the future if resticting minutes continue. It cost him ASG and atleast all nba 3rd team.
    That is exactly what a player should aspire for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing more minutes is what helps you build endurance. If you run 3K every day, you will get tired when you run 4. However, if you run 5, 4 feels like a walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is exactly what a player should aspire for.
    Yes and championship ofcourse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes and championship ofcourse
    No, they only care about DPOY, All star appearances and RoY, especially in their rookie years.

And as a fan of a team, I only care that a player wins a le, but doesn't have to be the team I root for. In fact, I would cheer for the player to demand a trade after one year so that the best player on the team I root for can go to another situation to maybe win a le.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, they only care about DPOY, All star appearances and RoY, especially in their rookie years.

And as a fan of a team, I only care that a player wins a le, but doesn't have to be the team I root for. In fact, I would cheer for the player to demand a trade after one year so that the best player on the team I root for can go to another situation to maybe win a le.
    i mean players can do both win championships,dpoys,mvp,allstars.Michael jordan did it.He is obviously the goat.But it seems wemby
    wants to do the same and up to the challenge and to be the goat himself one day.Like wemby said,He was born for this.Hope we
    dont move to slow or try to teach wemby a lesson that this is a team game and that hes not the guy running the show
    and its gonna take time and blah blah blah.That would be a major mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is very professional but he is more along the spectrum of say a Kobe more then a Duncan. Unlike Duncan, Wemby seems to like media attention and recognition , he wants to light this league on fire.

People here really need to get it out of their heads that Wemby will just go along with the Duncan type model and treatment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just not him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People I think forget how much he gets up for competing, especially against rivalries.

Are yall really forgetting how much he wanted to slam the ball down Chet's throat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is very professional but he is more along the spectrum of say a Kobe more then a Duncan. Unlike Duncan, Wemby seems to like media attention and recognition , he wants to light this league on fire.

People here really need to get it out of their heads that Wemby will just go along with the Duncan type model and treatment
    This.. pop should stop treating wemby like the 2011-2016 duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People I think forget how much he gets up for competing, especially against rivalries.

Are yall really forgetting how much he wanted to slam the ball down Chet's throat?
    OKC and Chet's success is definitely something spurs will have to take into consideration. First because they're very young and here to stay, even during Wemby's prime, and have already a lot of advance, and also becasue Wemby isn't gonna sit and watch Chet contend or even ring for the next 4-5 years while he's patiently waiting for the spurs to build a compe ive team on their side, so they finally contend year 7, "cos that's HOW you should do, and that's when Jordan or Giannis frist rang"...

Just like Wemby Chet is ready in Year 1, and playing like a 4 year vet... OKC didn't go with the "let's not rush things" mantra cos he's a rookie and a rookie should patiently be developed for 4 years, pounding the rock.. If the rock is already broken or close to it, you move on to the next phase, you don't just keep pounding like a robot because " patience" and "let's not jeopedize the future" while the future is already right in front of you. That's called stagnation.

Sure the context in OKC is different (simply reversed actually) but it's up to the spurs to change that context. OKC first did their star PG, then Chet, Spurs first had Wemby who like Chet is ready, give him his star playmaker/scorer to help him and play with. Why would you let the kid in a messy team more than he has to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean players can do both win championships,dpoys,mvp,allstars.Michael jordan did it.He is obviously the goat.But it seems wemby
    wants to do the same and up to the challenge and to be the goat himself one day.Like wemby said,He was born for this.Hope we
    dont move to slow or try to teach wemby a lesson that this is a team game and that hes not the guy running the show
    and its gonna take time and blah blah blah.That would be a major mistake.
    They should do it all as rookies. Otherwise they should demand a trade so that the fans who’ve been ing about PATFO would be vindicated. Wemby should show the world how a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors are right, that he should screw over a bunch of loyal fans over just so that his personal swifty like stans will get the last laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should do it all as rookies. Otherwise they should demand a trade so that the fans who’ve been ing about PATFO would be vindicated. Wemby should show the world how a bunch of anonymous keyboard warriors are right, that he should screw over a bunch of loyal fans over just so that his personal swifty like stans will get the last laugh.
    Weird position to take. So I take it you are ok with the Spurs losing, having zero all-stars, zero all-nba players, and zero DPOY winners on our team. Why even watch the team if you want them to suck?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird position to take. So I take it you are ok with the Spurs losing, having zero all-stars, zero all-nba players, and zero DPOY winners on our team. Why even watch the team if you want them to suck?
    Yeah rooting for wemby to demand a trade is the way to not get the spurs to suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah rooting for wemby to demand a trade is the way to not get the spurs to suck.
    I swear so many people on here aren’t actual Spurs fans. You should want Wemby to be an all star and an all nba player, and DPOY. You keep harping about Wemby being a rookie over and over again like it proves some grand point of yours. However, the real point it does prove is how much the franchise failed Wemby this year as a rookie. Bc on a competent team, he would’ve been an all star, all nba, and had a real shot at DPOY award. All as a rookie. Instead he had a coach around for the whole season, a front office that gave him zero support talent wise, and he didn’t even have a ing PG for half the season.

These things should piss you off. But they don’t. Bc you like the Spurs sucking for some reason. Idk why. But buddy all nba and DPOY awards get Vic a lot more money than not having them. Plus it gets him to the HOF. And on top of that 23 of the last 30 MVPs have won a championship and Vic wants to be on that echelon of player. And if the Spurs keep dixking around and think like you do, well he’s only a rookie. Well he’s only a second year player. Well it’s only his third year. He might not stand for that . Duncan almost left us and that was after winning a chip. Wemby expects the franchise to have the same mindset as him. And so far we don’t. We have the loser Ambchang mindset

He’s only a rookie
    You want him to be an all star as a rookie
    you want him to be all nba as a rookie
    you want him to be DPOY as a rookie
    You want him to an all time great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a weird turn this thread has taken. I don't think yelling at folks who don't think Wemby is being abused by the organization is a hallmark of a "true Spurs fan." Nor do I think being so self-important as to think us being "okay" with what the organization does matters at all. I know I just don't take it that seriously. It's a game that I watch and talk about to be entertained. I have my opinions when they mess up, and I have my favorite players. But ultimately, my choice in the matter is whether I watch/attend games.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah a lot of Pop did this year that I didn't like, but playing Victor 30 minutes a night seemed just right for a guy his age acclimating to the NBA game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah a lot of Pop did this year that I didn't like, but playing Victor 30 minutes a night seemed just right for a guy his age acclimating to the NBA game.
    the 30-32 minute stuff until the tail end of the season was fine. he was visibly gassed all the time after playing a 6 minute stretch. the annoying part was the unnecessary babying of him in december/january with the 24 minute stuff and no b2b rule because he rolled an ankle that he said felt totally fine. guy was out there on his birthday putting on a show in one of the more thrilling games of our season against milwaukee but he wasnt allowed to go over 26 minutes

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 30-32 minute stuff until the tail end of the season was fine. he was visibly gassed all the time after playing a 6 minute stretch. the annoying part was the unnecessary babying of him in december/january with the 24 minute stuff and no b2b rule because he rolled an ankle that he said felt totally fine. guy was out there on his birthday putting on a show in one of the more thrilling games of our season against milwaukee but he wasnt allowed to go over 26 minutes
    Yeah I agree that stretch was annoying but people are acting like that was the whole season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon man he's 20 year old young man, he can play 35 minutes a game.. dont act like he is 33 years old and treat him like 2011-2016 duncan.

Thread Information