Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    baseline bum
    oh... I'd probably take Brand.

However, I think it's a non-issue because I can't see anyone being stupid enough to let him walk for nothing.

I think of adding Brand in the same light as I think of adding Kobe Bryant or Ben Wallace - something beautiful in theory with no chance of ever happening.

Big Syke
    Brand has a 7'5 wingspan? Even if he's 6'8 that is still awesome. He for sure isn't related to Kevin Willis I know that

SequSpur
    Sign him up

Patrick Davis
    I think Brand would fit, simply cause he is a better Malik Rose. But I would still rather have O'Neal, and Brand is in Clipperland for one more year.

Big Syke
    I don't understand why everyone thinks Brand is so hard to get. I mean why would it be some hard to imagine that the Spurs offer him the MAX and Sterling is too cheap to match it? This seems like a good chance of happening to me. Where am I wrong?

genghisrex
    Big Syke, the problem is that no matter how cheap Sterling is, he has to pay at least 75% of the cap every year according to the CBA. If the player salaries don't add up to 75% of the cap, he still has to make up the difference.

So... Seeing as how Brand appears to be a very safe bet -- i.e. he's going to give you 20/10, he's a solid citizen, a popular player, good team guy, etc. -- Sterling might be willing to match a max offer. As long as he's paying the money, he may as well be smart and pay it to someone who will draw fans and not cause trouble, right?

Well, with Sterling you never know, but Brand's too risky to be the primary target unless the Spurs can work out a sign-and-trade.

Big Syke
    I agree that Sterling should match a max offer but I don't think he will ... he wouldn't want to pay the ending years of that contract. He'll find a way to get to 75% ... he always does. I think we are overrating Sterlings smartness again. I bet he doesn't match a max offer.

genghisrex
    Of course he'll find a way to pay 75%. He has to. Maybe you're right and Sterling won't match. That still doesn't change the fact that the Clippers would have 15 days to decide and in the mean time, guys like Kidd or O'Neal could go off the market. It's too big a risk unless Pop/RC absolutely don't want Kidd and/or O'Neal anyway.

If we strike out on Kidd and O'Neal then it might be worth rolling the dice on an offer to Brand, but rumor has it that Elton doesn't want to take the chance of being stranded on the Clips for 6 years.

Patrick Davis
    Brand isn't risking playing 3 more years in Clipperland. He will sign a one year deal. Otherwise he could be stuck in LA for much longer, and no body wants that.

LiLRoCkBaLLa21
    Get Brand...he has been a awesome 20/10 player ever since his first year with the Bulls, SA would have the best inside game in the L, also if TP2 and SJax stepped it up next year (if we resign SJax) we'd be fuken awesome.

Jerm hit his strides after 2 seasons (finally i knew he would) after gettin out of Ptown, but IMO makes not so great decisions when he comes down 2 the wire.

Big Syke
    Brand would be awesome. He's like ordering Malik Rose at Mcdonalds but going with the SUPER SIZE.

Thread Information