Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what? this .

If we're doing a re-draft of players in the entire history of the ABA/NBA (set em all at age 18) --

Timothy Theodore Duncan is my #1 pick, every ing time, no hesitation, no pondering, no thinking required. Automatic #1.

I don't care what rules we're arguing, what 'era', what style of play, what players I need to put in place around him -- it's Timmy D.

Because all Timmy does is win. He'll do whatever it takes, make whatever sacrifices, be there as a leader for his teammates no matter what. Not only being 'drama-free' or 'not negative' but being the single most positive influence to the whole organisation.

1,000+ wins for the same franchise. And not the lucking fakers or racist-ass celtics.

Tim Duncan is my #1.

(And because of Timmy, if we're re-drafting coaches I'm going with Popovich because Timmy would want it that way.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what? this .

If we're doing a re-draft of players in the entire history of the ABA/NBA (set em all at age 18) --

Timothy Theodore Duncan is my #1 pick, every ing time, no hesitation, no pondering, no thinking required. Automatic #1.

I don't care what rules we're arguing, what 'era', what style of play, what players I need to put in place around him -- it's Timmy D.

Because all Timmy does is win. He'll do whatever it takes, make whatever sacrifices, be there as a leader for his teammates no matter what. Not only being 'drama-free' or 'not negative' but being the single most positive influence to the whole organisation.

1,000+ wins for the same franchise. And not the lucking fakers or racist-ass celtics.

Tim Duncan is my #1.

(And because of Timmy, if we're re-drafting coaches I'm going with Popovich because Timmy would want it that way.)
    by default any top 100 list is going to be a popularity contest unless you stipulate some additional criteria like best starting block player or best skills basis. Duncan is probably barely top 20 in popularity but probably top 5 in complete skill. I expected Kobe and shaq to decline in popularity and they kind of did, both those guys were less complete players . But so long as basketeball is a skills game duncan should get rewarded more than any stats based or popularity based lists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Wilt
    2. Lebron
    3. Kareem
    4. Jordan
    5. Kobe
    6. Russel
    7. Timmy
    8. Larry
    9. Magic
    10. Shaq
    11. Dr. J
    12. Hakeem
    13.. Moses.
    14. Oscar:
    15. Giannis ( I feel this is where he will end up)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Wilt
    2. Lebron
    3. Kareem
    4. Jordan
    5. Kobe
    6. Russel
    7. Timmy
    8. Larry
    9. Magic
    10. Shaq
    11. Dr. J
    12. Hakeem
    13.. Moses.
    14. Oscar:
    15. Giannis ( I feel this is where he will end up)
    You're going to upset a lot of Jordanites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're going to upset a lot of Jordanites
    I’m honestly surprised he didn’t put Kobe ahead of him. I mean, 5 is an abomination, why not just put him at 1, and be done with it?

What a sad man, that all he could be was a cheap copy of Jordan. The saddest part is, that’s all he ever aspired to. He never wanted to be something new and unique.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m honestly surprised he didn’t put Kobe ahead of him. I mean, 5 is an abomination, why not just put him at 1, and be done with it?

What a sad man, that all he could be was a cheap copy of Jordan. The saddest part is, that’s all he ever aspired to. He never wanted to be something new and unique.
    Agreed especially the last part

The rare times Kobe actually played his own brand of basketball he was actually fun to watch but 95% of the time he was copying Jordan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed especially the last part

The rare times Kobe actually played his own brand of basketball he was actually fun to watch but 95% of the time he was copying Jordan
    Agreed. Surprisingly I thought Kobe would have been even a better player if he didn't focus being like Mike but just focus on winning. I still remember the '13 season his last great season he was playing some amazing ball after the Lakers had a poor start. He rallied them to get back into the playoffs after it seemed like they would miss the playoffs. I thought to myself if he played the type of ball, he was playing to win those games that he would have had an even more special career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I just informally checked on BBRef and espn ... but it seems the most games under-.500 a Duncan team ever was, was when the team started out 0-3 in 2008-9.

so at worst, 3 games under .500 ... at any point in a season, in his career

now lebron had a nice game tonight and all, putting his hand-picked Lakers team on his shoulders to drag them to ... *checks notes* ... 7 games under .500

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    devastating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gervin is an underrated defender. Go look at his stats. He wasn't a great defender, but he was above average for his time period. Also, for most of his NBA career, there was no 3 pt line and he still led the NBA in scoring 4 consecutive years. Give him the 3 pt line from the beginning and he probably adds another 2-3,000 pts to his resume.

Thread Information