Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "drill, baby, drill"

Trump: $2 a gallon.
    Biden: $4 a gallon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Straight lyin, or trying to ID true believers. I guess you can do both at once.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump: $2 a gallon.
    Biden: $4 a gallon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump doesn't know where the gas cap is

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    San Diego & LA cleaned up the homeless in some areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the oil patch colluded with OPEC to goose gas prices (and inflation) in 2021.

Biden wanted a price gouging bill, but Republicans wouldn't allow it.

Last Sunday, I wrote a piece alleging that U.S. shale oil producers colluded with the Saudi government from 2021-2023 to drive up gas prices. That essay was based on some reporting I had done, as well as a complaint from a savvy Kansas City class action law firm, Sharp Law, with special expertise in oil. The theory was that American producers, after a bitter price war from 2014-2016, got tired of competing on price with the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or the OPEC oil cartel, and at some point from 2017-2021, decided to join the cartel and cut supply to the market. This action had the affect of raising oil prices, costing oil consumers something on the order of $200 billion a year.

Yesterday, the Federal Trade Commission released evidence confirming that collusion played a serious role in hiking oil prices at that time. Pioneer Natural Resources CEO Scott Sheffield, a leader in the fracking field, “exchanged hundreds of text messages with OPEC representatives and officials discussing crude oil market dynamics, pricing and output.” Sheffield was explicit about his goal, saying that “if Texas leads the way, maybe we can get OPEC to cut production. Maybe Saudi and Russia will follow. That was our plan,” he said, adding: “I was using the tactics of OPEC+ to get a bigger OPEC+ done.” He talked to shareholders, publicly threatened rivals, and ultimately achieved output cuts across the industry regardless of price. “Even if oil gets to $200/barrel,” he said, “the independent producers are going to be disciplined.”
    https://www.thebignewsletter.com/p/a...spiracy-caused

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Looks like the oil patch colluded with OPEC to goose gas prices (and inflation) in 2021.

Biden wanted a price gouging bill, but Republicans wouldn't allow it.

https://www.thebignewsletter.com/p/a...spiracy-caused

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont want to live in LA but love visiting. I'm totally jealous of the weather. I like to garden and the variety of trees, flowers etc that can grow there year round are freaking amazing. Plus the variety of high quality food available is definitely better than we have in the SA area (except for texmex). I always have to hit Din Tai Fung at Century City when I'm in town. Of course beaches are amazing...Paradise Cove is another favorite.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I dont want to live in LA but love visiting. I'm totally jealous of the weather. I like to garden and the variety of trees, flowers etc that can grow there year round are freaking amazing. Plus the variety of high quality food available is definitely better than we have in the SA area (except for texmex). I always have to hit Din Tai Fung at Century City when I'm in town. Of course beaches are amazing...Paradise Cove is another favorite.
    But it's humid there, not super humid like in the south east, but humid nonetheless, and the bas s have an aversion to A/C on some kind of nonsensical principles level. Here in AZ., A/C is beloved and cherished, shown everywhere with pride. In Los Angeles it's frowned upon and one needs to hunt for it without exposing your hunt's quest. We went a few times with the children when they were small, but I'll never go over there again. Ever. It's my religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hit Jitlada up in East Hollywood...for you LA guys that is some serious Thai...Definitely better than any in SA.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But it's humid there, not super humid like in the south east, but humid nonetheless, and the bas s have an aversion to A/C on some kind of nonsensical principles level. Here in AZ., A/C is beloved and cherished, shown everywhere with pride. In Los Angeles it's frowned upon and one needs to hunt for it without exposing your hunt's quest. We went a few times with the children when they were small, but I'll never go over there again. Ever. It's my religion.
    WTF are you talking about? Have you ever even been to LA? LA isn't humid. I lived there without A/C fine, and even on the off day where it would be above 85 in September it would be a dry heat from the Santa Anna winds. 85 in San Antonio is gross because the dewpoint will usually be in the 70s and makes your body feel sticky if you're outside long but 85 in LA when the dew point is in the 30s or 40s or 75 in LA when the dew point is 60 feel amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with base. Only weird weather is the gray days in the spring but overall the weather is awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course beaches are amazing...Paradise Cove is another favorite.
    Everywhere around Malibu is great for surfing, bodysurfing, boogie boarding, etc since it's south facing but Huntington Beach is by far my favorite. Busy as but when there's a storm in Baja you'll get pretty big waves. But it was a of a drive from where I lived while Malibu was a pretty quick trip, though I always went to Zuma Beach on the other side of Point Dume from Paradise Cove. Or if I just wanted to be lazy and lay on my back and relax in the swells a west facing beach like Redondo was perfect, plus the pier has a great oyster bar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everywhere around Malibu is great for surfing, bodysurfing, boogie boarding, etc since it's south facing but Huntington Beach is by far my favorite. Busy as but when there's a storm in Baja you'll get pretty big waves. But it was a of a drive from where I lived while Malibu was a pretty quick trip, though I always went to Zuma Beach on the other side of Point Dume from Paradise Cove. Or if I just wanted to be lazy and lay on my back and relax in the swells a west facing beach like Redondo was perfect, plus the pier has a great oyster bar.
    I was a decent surfer, but it's hard to get really good in Texas. Only really good waves were when a hurricane was in the gulf. Did most of my surfing in Freeport which was a ...third break seemed like a mile offshore paddling out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a decent surfer, but it's hard to get really good in Texas. Only really good waves were when a hurricane was in the gulf. Did most of my surfing in Freeport which was a ...third break seemed like a mile offshore paddling out.
    LOL I never really got good but I guess good enough to enjoy it. Can definitely see how hard it would be in the Gulf.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    San Diego is better in every way. LA everything has a fence, rules, and few want to socialize with a stranger. Plus the traffic.

Only exception is if you are lower income and want more options to climb up the ladder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Diego is better in every way. LA everything has a fence, rules, and few want to socialize with a stranger. Plus the traffic.

Only exception is if you are lower income and want more options to climb up the ladder.
    Yeah, rented a house in Ocean Beach once. Was a fun trip.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    WTF are you talking about? Have you ever even been to LA? LA isn't humid. I lived there without A/C fine, and even on the off day where it would be above 85 in September it would be a dry heat from the Santa Anna winds. 85 in San Antonio is gross because the dewpoint will usually be in the 70s and makes your body feel sticky if you're outside long but 85 in LA when the dew point is in the 30s or 40s or 75 in LA when the dew point is 60 feel amazing.
    It was humid every time I ever went in there. They portend it's not, but I know humidity when I feel it. I hate it with a passion.

If I had, just had to make a choice twixt no humidity OR no Trump...no Trump without batting an eyelash. I'd cast him down with those sodomites in an instant..."But Dale!"

"Dale my ass. Chow."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was humid every time I ever went in there. They portend it's not, but I know humidity when I feel it. I hate it with a passion.

If I had, just had to make a choice twixt no humidity OR no Trump...no Trump without batting an eyelash. I'd cast him down with those sodomites in an instant..."But Dale!"

"Dale my ass. Chow."
    Need to take your ass west of Covina because LA proper has spectacular weather. I hate humidity with a passion but a marine layer coming in at 6am when it's 58 degrees is hardly my definition of humid. our dewpoints are usually higher than 58 in the middle of the day when it's 104 out here in the summer in San Antonio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need to take your ass west of Covina because LA proper has spectacular weather. I hate humidity with a passion but a marine layer coming in at 6am when it's 58 degrees is hardly my definition of humid. our dewpoints are usually higher than 58 in the middle of the day when it's 104 out here in the summer in San Antonio.
    Weather is one of the few nice things about LA. LA is a giant myth like New York city. The parts that NEED to be nice and clean are nice and clean, but you're literally surrounded by filth and urban decay within mere blocks.

SoCal in general is just one of the most over rated posh spots in the world. Miami and Vegas have already surpassed LA and there are hundreds of miles of coastline Northbound where you don't have to worry about turds and biowaste washing ashore.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Weather is one of the few nice things about LA. LA is a giant myth like New York city. The parts that NEED to be nice and clean are nice and clean, but you're literally surrounded by filth and urban decay within mere blocks.

SoCal in general is just one of the most over rated posh spots in the world. Miami and Vegas have already surpassed LA and there are hundreds of miles of coastline Northbound where you don't have to worry about turds and biowaste washing ashore.
    Chooch

Thread Information