Post Count
    500% increase in value of your 0 shares is 0
    "Shares"

. Boomers

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should...we should go down there on vacation with your boodle of Bitcoins. I'll bring along my 150 million 8BP coins.

Have the time of our lives.

Please get this done before the world ends.
    Tired tread and the boi Sandinista together with paper umbrellas in their drinks and a twinkle in those eyes for each other.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Please get this done before the world ends.
    Tired tread and the boi Sandinista together with paper umbrellas in their drinks and a twinkle in those eyes for each other.

Don't start in on me tonight, peeg. I ain't in the mood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Shares"

. Boomers
    "Chaching"

message board bragging

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bit of a tangent.

Sweden rethinks its cashless paradigm.

Earlier this week, Heise Online, a German online news service that covers IT, telecommunications, and technology sectors, published a long, in-depth report about the Riksbank’s apparent rediscovery of some of the benefits of cash. The article also explores some of the Riksbank’s concerns about the potential fragility of a fully cashless payment system, as outlined in its 2024 Payments Report, published in March.

At a time when the dominant narrative around cash — as espoused by senior bankers, central bankers, big tech and fintech executives, politicians and economists, and of course, their ever-faithful servants in the media — is that its demise is all but inevitable, even in countries where cash is still King (Germany, Spain, Austria, Mexico, Thailand, Japan…), the Riksbank’s report may offer a cautionary tale. From the Heise Online piece (machine translated):

“The Swedish payments market has been digitized rapidly,” states the Riksbank. Cash and manual payment services have been replaced by cards, mobile phones and internet services. “As a result, payments have become faster, smoother and cheaper overall,” which the ins ute points out is “a positive development.” However, there are groups in society “who do not have access to digital payment services or find it difficult to use them and are therefore marginalized”. There are also “serious fraud problems that could undermine trust in the payment system.”

Digitalization also makes payments “more vulnerable to cyber attacks and disruptions to the power grid and data communication,” the bank points out. At the same time, the geopolitical developments of the past few years required “Sweden to have strong civil defense.” The developments suggested “that we should concentrate more than before on the challenges of digitalization.”

Put another way, cash does not crash. It does not fail in a power cut or seize up during a cyber attack (though, of course, ATMs might). By contrast, digital payment systems need a stable and continuous internet connection to process transactions. When these connections fail, the result is often chaos. Digital payment outages have caused significant disruption in a host of countries in recent years, including the US, the UK, Australia, Indonesia, Germany, Canada, Spain and Norway. Generally speaking, the more cashless the country, the greater the disruption.
    https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2024...t-systems.html

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bit of a tangent.

Sweden rethinks its cashless paradigm.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2024...t-systems.html
    [The world] always does, like clockwork.

Let us proceed...

Thread Information