My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu Ginobili on putting off retirement: "I can still contribute"

Manu Ginobili recently sat down with Argentine newspaper La Nacion to discuss his decision to keep playing. The video of the full 25-minute interview in Spanish can be found here. La Nacion also offered a condensed version for its print version. What follows is a translation of that article.* * * * *
    Do you have more responsibilities after deciding to keep playing?

No, just the opposite. LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard have more responsibilities. It's going to be easier for me, just because of what happened the last few years and because of a natural decrease in minutes. I'm not playing even 23 or 24 minutes anymore. I can't be on the court for 82 games at 30 minutes per game, no matter how much I want to do that. I consider myself important for the team as a playmaker and a leader but not so much in terms of my effect in the game. I know I'm less decisive than I used to be so I don't have high expectations. Three or four years ago, how the team fared depended largely on me. Now it's like, "Leonard, take over." Or Parker or Aldridge or whoever. It's changed a lot....
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/...ent-contribute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Third best Spurs all time.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Some losses hurt you so much that they make you give your best next time around. You don't want luck to be a factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol manu says leonard or tp taking over then lma

Thread Information