Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps Pop should consider playing Manu in say, around 40 games only in the regular season, so that he is fresh come playoff time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Anderson is a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been thinking of Simmons lately, he brings energy, tenacity and an added zest to our team

so, the second team of

Diaw at center, DWest at powerforward, then Mills, Manu and Simmons is interesting......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that happens the Spurs will be loaded because I expect Manu to continue to be a very good bench player/playmaker.

Ridiculous prediction though and it has like a 1% chance of being true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmmmm...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i want an aldridge avatar.........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. Kyle Anderson sucks and can't score in the NBA. I hope some other team wants him and will trade a decent piece for him though.
    I recall KA went over double digit in a few NBA games last year. He can score. Question has always been, can he defend?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The disrespect and madness of this thread/statement is utterly ludicrous and insulting to any true Spurs follower. Manu is a basketball God and you have the audacity to say that Kyle ing Anderson will outplay him? Please, the guy is like the best player in the jv team but is lost when given varsity minutes. You should be banned for a year at least. Amazing how my "diet tips for tony" thread got scratched and this survived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow Mo will surplant Manu as the playmaker off the bench.
    Yes, that's for sure, and also, Jimmer Fredette will suppland Kawhi Leonard at small forward. Take it to the bank!!

(Lord, it's a long time until the season starts...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is one of the greatest compe ors to ever step on an NBA court. He is twice the compe or that Ray Allen is and if Ray Allen could play and be effective until he's forty, then you best believe Manu will be able to do it too...Kyle Anderson will not contribute more than Manu.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully KA reaches a playing level that makes 'KA or Manu' a legitimate dilemma. Hopefully Manu doesn't drop off so much to make 'KA or Manu' a dilemma.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for someone else to take over the facilitator role off the bench. A 38 years old player still the best option? Not good.
    Manu´s BBIQ is high, but I expect lots of turnovers. Young players are just too fast for him now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for someone else to take over the facilitator role off the bench. A 38 years old player still the best option? Not good.
    Manu´s BBIQ is high, but I expect lots of turnovers. Young players are just too fast for him now.
    co-sign tbh

I am afraid even the grind of the regular season will take a toll on Manu. He needs to be relegated to 3rd ballhandler in the team. If Kyle doesn't pan out I expect a mid season trade because this team is not going anywhere without a 2nd ballhandler to parker. (thats even assuming Porker will bound back)

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if Manu's minutes drop below 20 per game, in conservation for the playoffs. Provided our stable of as of yet unproven perimeter guys collectively pick up the slack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow Mo isn't a playmaker.
    ^^^ This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One name seems to be lost in this discussion - Ray McCollum, the guy who supposedly runs an offense better than Cojo. KA's role has been characterized as more like that of Boris Diaw not Manu. There is obviously no replacement for Manu, but there doesn't seem to be an exact analog either. I expect McCollum to be the Tony of the second unit as far as running the team, with Simmons providing some of the fire of Manu and KA facilitating much as Boris does and possibly more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consistency will be Key for KA. If he's given consistent minutes then we'll see if he's actually productive against NBA athletes. To this point I think he's done everything to keep some doubts at bay. I mean he was the Summer league MVP. He showed his mismatch potential, and rare veteran like leadership for a player his age. I just think too many people are hard on him. Let's not make assumptions and just sleep on him because he could very well garner some consistent minutes off the bench this season. If he pans out great, if he doesn't well then he was just the 30th pick. Low Risk High reward. I'll be rooting for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Consistency will be Key for KA. If he's given consistent minutes then we'll see if he's actually productive against NBA athletes. To this point I think he's done everything to keep some doubts at bay. I mean he was the Summer league MVP. He showed his mismatch potential, and rare veteran like leadership for a player his age. I just think too many people are hard on him. Let's not make assumptions and just sleep on him because he could very well garner some consistent minutes off the bench this season. If he pans out great, if he doesn't well then he was just the 30th pick. Low Risk High reward. I'll be rooting for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....pfffahaahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Manu is still the Manu we know. The Manu from last year was inconsistent and had only a few games when he dominated. He can't do that on a consistent basis and the more of a burden you put on him, the worse it will go. He himself stated the younger guys (referring to Kawhi and Tony, by name BTW) needed to be the ones to make plays. With LMA in the team you expect him to be the one to dominate. The truly younger guys in the team (Ray, Kyle, Jonathon, even Jimmer if around), will get their chances in the regular season for sure. I hope at least one of them can emerge as a playoff contributor, because we are likely to need young legs on the perimeter at some point.
    My personal favorite is Anderson, I believe he is a very young player who is still learning how to play in the NBA and has given enough flashes of potential to break through at some point as a legit rotation piece. I hope its this year, but it might not. The other young guys I mentioned bring different things to the team, Ray is more experienced, Simmons more athletic and Jimmer, a shooter. Hopefully they bring and improve their respective games as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Manu is still the Manu we know. The Manu from last year was inconsistent and had only a few games when he dominated. He can't do that on a consistent basis and the more of a burden you put on him, the worse it will go. He himself stated the younger guys (referring to Kawhi and Tony, by name BTW) needed to be the ones to make plays. With LMA in the team you expect him to be the one to dominate. The truly younger guys in the team (Ray, Kyle, Jonathon, even Jimmer if around), will get their chances in the regular season for sure. I hope at least one of them can emerge as a playoff contributor, because we are likely to need young legs on the perimeter at some point.
    My personal favorite is Anderson, I believe he is a very young player who is still learning how to play in the NBA and has given enough flashes of potential to break through at some point as a legit rotation piece. I hope its this year, but it might not. The other young guys I mentioned bring different things to the team, Ray is more experienced, Simmons more athletic and Jimmer, a shooter. Hopefully they bring and improve their respective games as well.
    That's the thing...the Spurs don't need Manu to dominate games anymore. They now have Aldridge and Kawhi to do the heavy lifting, and to a lesser extent Parker, Duncan, and West.

I think this is something that even Manu is finally starting to realize...he doesn't need to go all out and try to win games by himself anymore. He just needs to be a facilitator, run the offense for the bench squad, and contribute within The System. Any of those Manu Moments we can get are just bonus at this point.

And for the love of God, just don't pull a 2013 and it up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From time to time some posters here display a lack of knowledge about basketball that is amazing.

When Ginobili became the second unit flor general he already was an accomplished player, for example, he was Italian MVP, Euroleague MVP, NBA All Star, and Champion of those three Tournaments, plus MVP and Gold Medalist in Athens.

How on earth is possible that those posters think that a player that is having problems to crack a rotation on the NBA can emulate the former?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall KA went over double digit in a few NBA games last year. He can score. Question has always been, can he defend?
    There's a difference between being up 20+ and scoring against the bowel-movement players on an already bottom feeder team, and actually being called upon to score against legitimate rotation defenders as an every-game rotation player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information