Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in case, steele daboom and apalisoc I have been ignoring you for a long time, so don't even try to respond to what I am posting. feel free to ignore me right back. dont care.
    Just realize, I have to, on principle, disagree with some stuff that is said on here. You lose credibility when you can't defend your stance though. I would suggest otherwise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are confident in Kyles abilities so much that they picked up his option for this fourth year. I'd say the spurs are convinced he can play in the nba.
    My prediction is that he will average double digit minutes and 8/4/1 at end of season. In a couple of years people will talk about how the spurs continue to draft players late in first round that become big time contributors to franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in case, steele daboom and apalisoc I have been ignoring you for a long time, so don't even try to respond to what I am posting. feel free to ignore me right back. dont care.
    I think you're finding out how playerfan crews get started. People become fans of a player. Other people start attacking that player. The first group defends the player by pointing out flaws in other players, thereby forming subconscious aversion to the other players. Rinse and repeat until you get factions. Seems you're a founding member of the CoA (Church of Anderson). I'm one of the charter members of the CoG (Church of Green). Almost everyone is some type of playerfan. Just depends on how big of a jerk you want to be about it.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be surprised if he's still here after his rookie contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be surprised if he's still here after his rookie contract.
    I think it would be a huge mistake to not package him why he still has perceived value. If we want to win it this year we have to get some wing depth.... even another 3 and D guy would be an upgrade.

Then again, the Spurs rarely do mid season trades so maybe not.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think in the off season like usual.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno.. Durant and Beal look pretty good returning from their stress fractures.
    Durant's had complications and it remains to be seen if it will hold up, and Beal had a stress fracture in his leg, not his foot. LJ wrote a post a few years ago about the guys who had the fracture in addition to JA. Travis Outlaw, Roddy Beaubois, Brandon Jennings, Yao Ming and Bill Walton are some of the names I remember.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we will get a better feel after we get our regular rotations down. Pop is still experimenting, and its probably limiting Anderson's opportunities. I can't stand his slow foot work. Foot work is the first thing I always coach in each sport. It's an essential part of any sport. He can get any shot he wants though. Has great length and a high release. When he is hitting his shot, he really doesn't seem that bad. He just isn't a consistent shooter, which he should be since no one can really contest it. If he can't hang on defense tho, I don't see him getting many opportunities either way. Pop seems to be getting on Tony early this season about defense, as Tonys effort and footwork have both improved since the first game. Mills minutes went up and tonys down. Think it's the same for Anderson. Pop pulled him pretty fast the other day when he slipped up. I think pops doing a great job of setting the mood early in the season that you better be bring your A game or he will find someone that does.

I haven't given up on the kid, he definitely needs to improve, but he has the potential too and has gotten better since he first got here. Time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant's had complications and it remains to be seen if it will hold up, and Beal had a stress fracture in his leg, not his foot. LJ wrote a post a few years ago about the guys who had the fracture in addition to JA. Travis Outlaw, Roddy Beaubois, Brandon Jennings, Yao Ming and Bill Walton are some of the names I remember.
    iirc, Ilgauskas had a stress fracture in his foot early in his career..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're finding out how playerfan crews get started. People become fans of a player. Other people start attacking that player. The first group defends the player by pointing out flaws in other players, thereby forming subconscious aversion to the other players. Rinse and repeat until you get factions. Seems you're a founding member of the CoA (Church of Anderson). I'm one of the charter members of the CoG (Church of Green). Almost everyone is some type of playerfan. Just depends on how big of a jerk you want to be about it.
    Indeed, before this season I had already caught up to these guys trolling. I have been ignoring them for a while, because frankly they were starting to make me hate Kawhi just because their hate propaganda on everyone else repulsed me. They generate a lot of negative attention for their favorite player TBH, and I really love the player separate from this crew. Me liking Kawhi doesn't mean I have to on everyone else on the team, that is so childish. I can also criticize someone who had a bad game without going all OCD about it, and I can recognize that guys have their role in the team and not everyone is the Superstar role, but that doesn't mean that roleplayers don't have value or are not needed to play well.

There are a bunch of players I really like beside Anderson. I have just really gotten on his Church because the young man is generating a bunch of hate for a 9th or 10th man role if that and it's not like he has gotten as much opportunity or that you are counting on him to win a game.

Anyways, yea I guess I am a proud FOUNDING MEMBER of the CoA. I suppose to really appreciate what he could do for the team in the future, you have to appreciate elite passing and that is not in everyone's taste, or something that he has gotten much of a chance to show, and he's unlikely to show it in a couple of mins here or there.

I have no problem with someone having a favorite player, but when they have nothing to add that doesn't amount to trolling its not worth my time.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 11-03-2015 at 10:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed, before this season I had already caught up to these guys trolling. I have been ignoring them for a while, because frankly they were starting to make me hate Kawhi just because their hate propaganda on everyone else repulsed me. They generate a lot of negative attention for their favorite player TBH, and I really love the player separate from this crew. Me liking Kawhi doesn't mean I have to on everyone else on the team, that is so childish. I can also criticize someone who had a bad game without going all OCD about it, and I can recognize that guys have their role in the team and not everyone is the Superstar role, but that doesn't mean that roleplayers don't have value or are needed to play well.

There are a bunch of players I really like beside Anderson. I have just really gotten on his Church because the young man is generating a bunch of hate for a 9th or 10th man role if that and it's not like he has gotten as much opportunity or that you are counting on him to win a game.

Anyways, yea I guess I am a proud FOUNDING MEMBER of the CoA. I suppose to really appreciate what he could do for the team in the future, you have to appreciate elite passing and that is not in everyone's taste, or something that he has gotten much of a chance to show, and he's unlikely to show it in a couple of mins here or there.

I have no problem with someone having a favorite player, but when they have nothing to add that doesn't amount to trolling its not worth my time.

You are obsessed with the weak link of the Spurs rotation. It just makes you look re ed. I have no agenda.... I love Parker, Kawhi, Duncan, Aldridge, Diaw, etc..... you know, the good players.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc, Ilgauskas had a stress fracture in his foot early in his career..
    Yep, he managed to come back after a couple of years and have a decent career, but he was never even close to what he was his rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't given up on the kid, he definitely needs to improve, but he has the potential too and has gotten better since he first got here. Time will tell.
    I think that is key. Had he still been looking like he did a year ago, then for sure flame on, but he has most assuredly gotten better. This year it is growing pains, getting chewed by Pop and cleaning up his act, hopefully looking at film and fixing his mistakes. He is still getting better. He fixed his shot by the way, he is still a slow shooter, but if you look at film from college, he had the most deliberate slow release you could ever see. Criticism for him last season was legit.

Anyways, like you say, time will tell. He will be around for this year and the next, and it would do the team well if he could give us some quality minutes bc its a long season and its really concerning that the rotations have been so tight and Pop has been yanking guys left and right who are messing up. Hopefully its lesson learned for everyone (not just him), but I think it is necessary because everyone from the bottom up was playing very loosely between throwing the ball away, traveling, being out of position, rotating late. The first games have been ugly bc of how many mistakes there have been around, and that needs to be cleaned up early or we'll be loosing to elite teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been struggling so far, but he has talent. Played okay that first game, then started off bad off the bench against the Nets and has been in the dog house since then.Would like to see him in the post more especially against back up 3's, and he has a nice little floater when getting to the basket, and his defense is serviceable against a lot of the backup 3's in the league. I think he will be okay.
    Last edited by Ditty; 11-04-2015 at 12:28 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA and West are looking like tied for the 9th man that Pop does not have much faith in right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved his impact tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow Mo happy to be away from popa and the cluster s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might come back he's available as a FA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might come back he's available as a FA.
    I'd be hesitant. He got an eye injury last season, just before the playoffs. I am not sure it has healed fully; both his 3 pt% (to a career low of .229) and volume of 3PT shots nosedived (to 0.6 attempts/game; in the previous 2 years he averaged 1.6) ...

Thread Information