Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting moving forward, bc a lot of benches and teams are playing perimeter styles, and West is not particularly good against them. He's not much of a rim protector or a fast guy, and he's certainly not a perimeter 4, which is why Pop is playing him as a 5. Boris, despite his size, comes out to guard guys on the perimeter on switches, and is surprisingly agile for his weight. He's also a really smart player and knows where to be, when to switch, etc.

Against perimeter based benches, Kyle at the 4 has been the best. He has size to bother all the small lineups and has handled switches fearlessly. He is too big for all these perimeter guards to deal with on the other end, and if he had the mind to force the issue, would be drawing all sort of fouls like in SL. I don't think Pop wants him to force the issue, bc they want to develop his decision making since his passing ability is what could really make him special. The point is that with Kyle at the 4 you need a real rim protector next to him, and TD, LMA and Boban have all been in successful lineups with Kyle. West not so much.
    I agree with you here with the concern about West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Butler solidifying his spot in the rotation and Slow Piece of got getting benched, hopefully this means he'll be sent to the Toros to watch Errors clap after missing his dunks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Butler solidifying his spot in the rotation and Slow Piece of got getting benched, hopefully this means he'll be sent to the Toros to watch Errors clap after missing his dunks.
    lol Butler getting in bc Kyle made a mistake hardly qualifies as solidifying his spot. Kyle's a young player and its part of Pop's tough love to pressure him to clean up his mistakes. He's been the same with other young players he's coached and they have either turned out to be nice roleplayers for the Spurs or they have not. But the fact Kyle's getting coached to improve does not mean Butler is the better player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anderson is so "deadly" he played a minute versus the celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyle will take his talents else where...
    tbh slowly walking up and down the court is a talent many americans have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can use the "it's early" disclaimer all you want, but I never got why anyone thought he'd be a fit. Even had Ginobili not bounced back, the ball was always going to be in his hands, on the second unit and Anderson only has the potential to be of value if the ball's in his.

Fourth wing could easily not end up being solved until the trade deadline/buyout period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop got on his ass for bad defense and being out of position on offense... that said, the doghouse act is actually good news for Kyle long term... if Pop didn't care, he wouldn't be hard on him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop got on his ass for bad defense and being out of position on offense... that said, the doghouse act is actually good news for Kyle long term... if Pop didn't care, he wouldn't be hard on him...
    That is exactly what I thought, Pop only gets on guys who have talent to be better than they are. He would not get on someone he knew gave everything he had and just could not improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh slowly walking up and down the court is a talent many americans have.
    Damn right! You see it all the time with 35 year old white church league players. They'll be a natural fan base for him at games with their own section and cheers. Slow Kyle Slow!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tonight he should get some minutes and handle the ball some. That may be his only role, to spell Manu on back to backs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is exactly what I thought, Pop only gets on guys who have talent to be better than they are. He would not get on someone he knew gave everything he had and just could not improve.
    That's true. When the coach rips into you he's trying to make you better. If he compliments, you then you done good. But when he's silent, you're probably getting cut...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Errors got drafted #1 overall by Idaho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Errors got drafted #1 overall by Idaho
    Yeah I saw where spurs scrubs go 1 and 2 in the draft. Ayrers and the jimmer.

It has taken a decade or two to build this reputation but it seems that spurs corporate knowledge experience is a plus factor to all in the industry if two players are relatively equal.

Look at cojo and baynes cashing in this summer. If they weren't spurs on the previous contract and given a level of deference and respect for being a part of the spurs culture/winning ways then they don't draw those deals.

It's confirmed with ayres being chosen 1st. Lol

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are trying really hard to make this guy work, but I don't think he is going to be here long term. He has the length for his size but that's about it. He doesn't have the speed. He can't shoot the three. He can't shoot the 2. His shots are a slow. He can't shoot wideopen 3s and always allows his man to closeout. Worse than diaw tbh. His man to man defense is bad. 2 things the spurs love for new guys. corner threes/just threes in general and defense. He doesn't have either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I saw where spurs scrubs go 1 and 2 in the draft. Ayrers and the jimmer.

It has taken a decade or two to build this reputation but it seems that spurs corporate knowledge experience is a plus factor to all in the industry if two players are relatively equal.

Look at cojo and baynes cashing in this summer. If they weren't spurs on the previous contract and given a level of deference and respect for being a part of the spurs culture/winning ways then they don't draw those deals.

It's confirmed with ayres being chosen 1st. Lol
    Thats one thing I have noticed after Cojo and Baynes getting paid is that if you are a role player that does well in the spurs system it will increase your value throughout the league. I think playing well in the spurs system allows players to adapt easily to other teams.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just looked at his stats and he didn't even play 1 minute of playoff basketball last year. Very telling if you ask me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats one thing I have noticed after Cojo and Baynes getting paid is that if you are a role player that does well in the spurs system it will increase your value throughout the league. I think playing well in the spurs system allows players to adapt easily to other teams.
    They are not scrubs. They are limited players but they were well coached and can execute a defensive scheme as the coach asks. Belinelli, who is an offensive player, also got paid. He had a significant role in the spurs being a bench scorer, and is now doing the same in SAC.

We have just been so lucky to have better players available who limited the roles for them when they were here, but they can play and have at least one or two things that they can add to a team that will get them playing time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't played well at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't played well at all.
    This old schtick is getting old. Played 4 mins when Green's mistakes were sinking the team and was a positive on defense. Missed a bailout shot at the end, when he would rather not take up contested shots and ppl hate.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This old schtick is getting old. Played 4 mins when Green's mistakes were sinking the team and was a positive on defense. Missed a bailout shot at the end, when he would rather not take up contested shots and ppl hate.
    Dude had like 10 secs with the ball and his slow shot mechanic put him in that position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean seems to be pretty enthusiastic about Anderson. He's even called him a future star. I can see Andersons potential as well. He has some great offensive skills and has great defensive awareness like Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean seems to be pretty enthusiastic about Anderson. He's even called him a future star. I can see Andersons potential as well. He has some great offensive skills and has great defensive awareness like Manu.
    He will have to prove his worth, but ppl ting on him when he's played a spare minute here or there, has to be a special agenda. Either they feel like Kyle is getting in the way of their favorite player or something else is up, bc he really has played very little to generate this amount of negative attention TBH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle has no balls. Sad to say, but I expect him to take the James Anderson route.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insurance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow , so much stupid. ,"Kyle wasn't in the playoff rotation he's done " what a bad dabom take.

Kyle is a young player on a stacked team. He won't get minutes. He shouldn't get minutes. But up to this point he's been way ahead of his expected progress.

Thread Information