Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a couple of years, basketball experts will once again applaud the Spurs on picking another quality player that all other teams passed on.

Too bad he is probably best suited at the three position as we all ready have Kawhi there. But in terms of offensive ability he is a better low post scorer, better dribbler, and passer than Kawhi. He also also deceptively quick on defense. He has length which allows him to cover passing lanes and recover on defense when beat off the dribble plus he can challenge a shot above the rim.
    His downfall is that he is playing behind a lot of talent and may not get the opportunity to play big minutes to further develop his game.

Personally, I'd like to see him in a small ball lineup with Aldridge, Anderson, Kawhi, Green (or Manu) and Parker. That lineup would produce pressure on the perimeter and force steals for easy transition baskets. On the offensive side, they can all shoot, pass and put the ball on the floor making them difficult to defend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Lowe's latest podcast, he went on for a couple of minutes about how much the Spurs love Anderson given how well he knows the game / will learn to exploit matchups. Seemed like he was talking about the present and not about at the time of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on how things shake out, he should very likely be higher on the depth chart next season. Let's hope he can perform. SA seems to like him a lot.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am still a fan of how all of his motion is deliberate and can throw people off. A guy drives right past him, is surprised and used to having someone right on his hip, rushes the shot only to get swatted from behind or the ball poked loose as the drive continues. Being slow is a pretty good way to both get someone in a rhythm and take someone out of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he makes it- not just for the Spurs sake, but just imagine..
    Kyle Anderson bobblehead night..........

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes better than D-League quality. we have seen that. He has put up TD type stats.

He needs to get better lateral movement for defense (or mark some short guys at PG) and I think he can be a great Matchup issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he had ample time to get over himself...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see if he has managed to lean out some more in summer league, it'd be a wonder if that can get him a little faster.

Still very pessimistic about his likelihood to be a real NBA player, just another toro legend Marcus Williams or big Kendall Marshall if he can't get faster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I told you all Anderson sucked, we'll get a better handle of him in summer league, that's the least the Spurs can do for his sorry ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why all the hate for KA? you act like he just missed a crucial free throw to seal a championship..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid will be great with the second unit. He has the IQ, he can handle his weaknesses but it's not enough to be a starter in a contender.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could have been a contributor this past season in limited minutes but that's spilled milk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step 1 is dominating in summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just noticed that he leaned out and started getting more mass and definition as the year went on. Watching him play I was more worried about him getting pushed around and being weak on rotations. He would rotate in time and literally duck the contest for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cut his ass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest thing to take from that video is that he didn't believe he would be around when the Spurs picked. He's had an over-inflated sense of self worth from the start. It's laughable. Early on during training camp he said there was going to be a feeling-out process between him and the Spurs. He was going to get used to the system and the team was going to adjust to his style of play.

Right Kyle...Pop will try and adjust to your style of play....your slow, plodding, sloth-like movements that lull your opponent to sleep.
    Last year's draft was the draft of the decade, but, even so, the Spurs had only 20 players graded out as first rounders, per RC Buford. Kyle was one of them, yet they got him at 30. Spurs obviously didn't think he'd be there, either, so he was in good company.

If you look at his stats from December when he was getting rotational minutes, they jump off the page at you. He shot 50%, way better than his seasonal FG%. He was never going to get rookie minutes, other than covering for Kawhi's injury time, on a team defending it's le. He will this year, and he will produce. He didn't just go to the d-league, he crushed it there with 21.5ppg/8.7r/4.8a/2.0st/1.5bl, exactly what you want to see from an assigned player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year's draft was the draft of the decade, but, even so, the Spurs had only 20 players graded out as first rounders, per RC Buford. Kyle was one of them, yet they got him at 30. Spurs obviously didn't think he'd be there, either, so he was in good company.

If you look at his stats from December when he was getting rotational minutes, they jump off the page at you. He shot 50%, way better than his seasonal FG%. He was never going to get rookie minutes, other than covering for Kawhi's injury time, on a team defending it's le. He will this year, and he will produce. He didn't just go to the d-league, he crushed it there with 21.5ppg/8.7r/4.8a/2.0st/1.5bl, exactly what you want to see from an assigned player.
    He'll be competing for minutes this year. Let's see what he does with the opportunity. My last memory of him was when he got chased down from behind and had his shot blocked on a potential break away.

From the looks of things in this photo, he's been putting in some work.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thrown to the sharks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be competing for minutes this year. Let's see what he does with the opportunity. My last memory of him was when he got chased down from behind and had his shot blocked on a potential break away.

From the looks of things in this photo, he's been putting in some work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Anderson will be fine defensively against most 3's in this league. Seems like the Spurs want him to be the backup to Kawhi for a very long time and at time play as a small ball four. I really liked what I saw out of him when he played. Hopefully he is still on the team if we land Aldridge, I'm looking forward to seeing him in summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a couple of years, basketball experts will once again applaud the Spurs on picking another quality player that all other teams passed on.

Too bad he is probably best suited at the three position as we all ready have Kawhi there. But in terms of offensive ability he is a better low post scorer, better dribbler, and passer than Kawhi. He also also deceptively quick on defense. He has length which allows him to cover passing lanes and recover on defense when beat off the dribble plus he can challenge a shot above the rim.
    His downfall is that he is playing behind a lot of talent and may not get the opportunity to play big minutes to further develop his game.

Personally, I'd like to see him in a small ball lineup with Aldridge, Anderson, Kawhi, Green (or Manu) and Parker. That lineup would produce pressure on the perimeter and force steals for easy transition baskets. On the offensive side, they can all shoot, pass and put the ball on the floor making them difficult to defend.
    With a better PG Kawhi could slide down to SG, TBH.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle will get his burn thIs year

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why all the hate for KA? you act like he just missed a crucial free throw to seal a championship..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Excited to see KA in the Summer League as the primary option. No Austin Daye to chuck up a horrible 7/28 every game, and Jeff Ayres fumbling his dimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol jesus christ

Thread Information