Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are just playing down to the compe ion TBH; they have beaten the Lakers 3 times while coasting half the time
    They have been down double digits every game this series except tonight where the Lakers biggest lead has been 8. They're one wide open LeBron miss from being 2-2 in the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have been down double digits every game this series except tonight where the Lakers biggest lead has been 8. They're one wide open LeBron miss from being 2-2 in the series.
    Cool they won the series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm rooting aganist them, but I don't do jinxes, tbh. I guess WE WILL SEE.
    LETS WAIT AND SEE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool they won the series
    5/1 that was a struggle they are now 14 / 1 the last 15 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5/1 that was a struggle they are now 14 / 1 the last 15 games

But they better get their heads out of their asses against Minny

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But they better get their heads out of their asses against Minny

Like I said, they aint winning they might as well pack their dildos fly off on vacation and go themselves.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    10 years later OP cannot get away from this with the Mavs still in the picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mavs are struggling against the clippers without their best player and you see them upsatting the nuggets ? anything is possible but there is one favorite and a bunch of maybe, in those maybe mavs are in but so far they are 2/2 against clips. Kiwi being ruled out of the serie is better than half a kiwi lets the mavs close the serie before going 2011 run..
    Just for the record: I'm not predicting the Mavs to upset the Nuggets. I think Denver should be favoured. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Dallas indeed beats them.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just for the record: I'm not predicting the Mavs to upset the Nuggets. I think Denver should be favoured. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Dallas indeed beats them.
    Luka will need to bring it. Killa isn't going to beat Denver single handed although he's waaay under the radar it seems.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the way Luka is playing, they ain't getting past OKC... I know he won't start ing about his knee, but he ain't moving well out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well before that Denver has to go through Minny and dat Ant man is a problem, Dallas will also have their hands full with OKC.. SGA / Chet against Kyrie / Luka is gonna be interesting to say the least. I'm actually enjoying a lot those POs so far

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mav s ain’t winning .

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the way Luka is playing, they ain't getting past OKC... I know he won't start ing about his knee, but he ain't moving well out there.
    It's because he's ing fat. You can't be that out of shape and play 100 games a year without lower extremity issues. It's sad that such a brilliant, unique talent can't get his tubby ass into shape for his teammates.

He should be playing Overwatch on a ing Peloton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's because he's ing fat. You can't be that out of shape and play 100 games a year without lower extremity issues. It's sad that such a brilliant, unique talent can't get his tubby ass into shape for his teammates.

He should be playing Overwatch on a ing Peloton.
    I don't know, it's weird. Can you be out of shape playing so many games with heavy minutes? You'd be in shape just from that. Also he came into this season in shape, I don't know how he could get out of it since the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It' funny the two best players in the NBA are out of shape white boys, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the next one is gonna be raquitic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looked fine the whole season, even when his shape started to change after the all star break, he was still playing great... So it would be pretty weird that he started to play bad, just cause he's out of shape. I am sure its not ideal, but its pretty clear its the knee. You can see how bad he moves. Same was with Embiid, it was clear as day he was injured... Thats why these good games come every 5 games.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It' funny the two best players in the NBA are out of shape white boys, tbh.
    Except they're not (Jokic is). This is just the narrative white and white adjacent people want to push. On the other side of the coin, inner city blacks continue to downplay them.

Doncic isn't better than Embiid or Antetokounmpo and Gilgeous-Alexander has him by the majority of "catch-all" metrics now too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except they're not (Jokic is). This is just the narrative white and white adjacent people want to push. On the other side of the coin, inner city blacks continue to downplay them.

Doncic isn't better than Embiid or Antetokounmpo and Gilgeous-Alexander has him by the majority of "catch-all" metrics now too.
    ROFLMAO Embiid. The guy that couldn't make it past the second round in 10 years, while also having some great teams, is not really that great... Same for SGA, who still can't control the game as well as Luka... Giannis sure, if anyone prefers him thats fine.
    Last edited by Texas_Ranger; 9 Hours Ago at 10:24 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Luka in no way is fat or out of shape, not even by NBA standards. Some fans have just been so accustomed to a lot of NBA players not just being elite athletes but looking like professional body builders over the last 20-30 years. Luka is nowhere near his most ideal physical condition. But he's not out of shape for basketball. He's not cut and he's not swole, and he likely never will be.

He's prolly a good 15-20 pounds over his "optimal" ideal weight, but the added weight helps when he gets down in the post and takes on physical punishment. You take away 20 pounds of mass, that changes some of the things he can do on offense, backing down defenders and finishing at the rim through contact.

I liken his physique to someone like Carmelo Anthony, a perimeter wing scorer who also mixes it up in the midpost. I think people can make a similar criticism about Jalen Brunson. He should lose 15 pounds so he'd be quicker and be in better shape at the end of games. But like Luka, him losing weight would change his power game. Some players don't need to be ripped to shreds with bowling ball biceps and 12 pack abs. Jokic, Draymond, Luka, SGA (skinny, not enough muscle), Harden have all proven in today's NBA you don't have to be a gym bro to be an elite basketball player.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    the average Spurstalk 300+ pound hambeast talking about a professional player being out of shape. Sons, I've seen those 2006 beetus era gameday GTG photos and those monstrosities can't be unseen tbh imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry but Embiid doesn't qualify untill he does something in the playoffs without breaking down.

I know this is a team sport but if Doncic eliminates first seeded SGA, it is hard to argue SGA is better. Specially since Luka has been doing it for longer.

The only I could give you is Giannis, but still, his lack of shooting is a great handicap, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the debate is between doncic and mj. jokic, giannis and sga are laughable comparisons.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the debate is between doncic and mj. jokic, giannis and sga are laughable comparisons.
    giannis could have been on the other side of your (,) but he got a balloon head and ruined himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    giannis could have been on the other side of your (,) but he got a balloon head and ruined himself.
    i love the player, but when you are this dependant on being a genetic freak as opposed to being skilled, it is hard to keep up for very long.

Thread Information