Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amir Johnson seems more possible at this point than Ariza so yeah I hope the Spurs get on that.

I remember thinking we traded for him back during the RJ trade only to find out he went over to Milwaukee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's interesting to see him losing his starting job. It might push Toronto to trade him away. He would be a great pick for Spurs with a fitting contract and especially in the likely case of Malcolm Thomas not shining.
    Most people around here(Toronto) that have sources around the team feel like an Amir trade is inevitable, tbh, especially if the Raptors eventually go into tank mode for Wiggins, which is expected at some point(although it's becoming difficult to tank in the East)..

It has only been 1 game, so it could be a non-story, but he looked completely uninterested coming off the bench in the game vs. Denver, noticeably sulking, tbh..

He was the Raptors best and most important player last season, and now he's coming off the bench for Tyler Hansbrough, he's unhappy with the Raptors situation, obviously..

As I've been saying for 2 years, he would be one of the most ideal fits in the league for the Spurs..good pick&roll and mobile defender that can extend his defense to the 3-point line, reliable mid-range jump shot and worked on a 3-point shot during the Summer, good finisher at the rim, solid shot blocker..would fill a void on this team..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner/Joseph for Amir please.

Spurs get their backup small ball 4.

Raptors get more Canadians.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amir would be a great get, he has length and is athletic and can dribble the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza would be an incredible fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ariza is obviously the much better fit than Amir but you could sell me on just about any trade involving Bonner + Nando tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see all this talk about trading for Amir Johnson, and that's all well and good. However, it's time to open the real debate: when do the Spurs trade for Lebron/Durant? Would a package of Bonner/Nando/2nd Round picks be enough?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is getting traded... There's no point having Thomas and Bonbon and Ayres and Boris who all play the 4...
    Bonner is not going anywhere. He fortifies the bench unit, tbh...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear Kawhi is on the block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love Ariza on this team. Trade Nando, a 1st round pick, and a bag of Ruffles for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Bonner to the Celtics would be great for him.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This thread must mean trade ideas for other teams. THE SPURS HAVE NO ASSETS!!!!!!! Feel free to live in fantasy land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just kidding.

Watching Giants vs Redskins and reading ridiculous ST ppl blaming Leonard...I thought about Leonard (enough skills to be a great TE, and you know, don't have a complete offense without a young and strong tight end) for Griffin III (great QB/weak team).

C'mon guys, don't take everything so seriously.
    hi wild, i'm drunk. your post was goofy, and somebody else noticed it. i laughed.

does anybody remember how good dexter pittman looked during summer league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread must mean trade ideas for other teams. THE SPURS HAVE NO ASSETS!!!!!!! Feel free to live in fantasy land.
    Oh come on, Hoop. Even you have to believe the Spurs could have beaten Sacramento's package for Williams if they wanted to.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Oh come on, Hoop. Even you have to believe the Spurs could have beaten Sacramento's package for Williams if they wanted to.
    RC isn't that Shrewd. The Spurs aren't giving up Bonner and Luc is more of an asset than De Colo. Giving up a first round pick in what's proving to be a strong draft probably isn't a wise decision either. Could they have put together a better package? Probably, but RC just isn't smart enough to cut ties with certain players to make that happen.Derrick Williams is also very raw and needs an abundance of playing time. Unlike Sacramento, the Spurs don't have the minutes available and they really can't afford to take on anymore projects at this time. Besides, he's not foreign, Pop wouldn't know what the to do with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love Ariza on this team. Trade Nando, a 1st round pick, and a bag of Ruffles for him.
    1st for ariza? hed have to get cut for spurs to get him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like anotha wing who can D and not deculo tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like to get nene before ariza tbh

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Scrubby Jeff Ayres can get minutes Derrick Williams could have had minutes.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner, De Colo and Ayres can all go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like to get nene before ariza tbh
    Me too, but it's not happening.
    Makes sense though if we got a Brazilian.
    Just about everyone on the team has a "buddy".

Parker - Diaw - DeColo
    Ginobili - Belinelli
    Leonard - Thomas
    Mills - Baynes
    Duncan - Green
    Joseph - Bonner
    Splitter - ???
    Ayers - ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually see Matty on Pop's coaching staff next season.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt has written GM all over him. he is a smart guy, obviously, and he is eloquent, likeable, funny and a genious when it comes to business. ( I mean, he turned a single trick into a 30 million $ career income. not bad)
    players like him and they respect him and that's quite a skill when it comes to hire and negotiate with players. or other teams. I'm pretty sure guys like Ime and Sean will become good coaches. but Matt will become a great manager.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    think it's already been said in this thread but Marvin Williams from Utah is a more likely target than Ariza/Amir IMO. Jazz are in full tank mode and Nando/Bonner are just the right shade of skin color to be able to sell to the Mormon crowd tbh.

They need some backcourt depth and a shooting bigman to add to Favors/Kanter/Gorbert, both needs that Matty/Nando can help with tbh.

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a Bosnian newspaper quotes the agent of Mirza Teletovic who says that they are looking for a trade to another NBA team.
    http://www.sarajevotimes.com/mirza-t...aving-the-nets
    Mirza was pretty good in the last few games and got more minutes (are Nets showcasing him?), price might have gone up, but he still should be available for a reasonable price. Nando and Baynes? they would save quite some tax money and considering the injuries of Terry and Williams some back court help will be welcome. (well, if it's help indeed, is another question)

Thread Information