Texas Longhorns
    I am sorry

All dogs go to heaven

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Sorry to hear that my dude. Losing a dog is rough tbh.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sorry man. We lost ours a couple months ago after almost 18 years. Took a while to not be sad every time we came home but it gets better. Dogs only break your heart once.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    My dog (beagle/hound mix) he got murdered by the halfway house neighbors next door, I loved him and never wanted another dog after shockingly losing him tbh. He was very young.

02.21.2002. IIRC, Spurs beat the (eventual NBA champion, IMO) Kings big that day tbh.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Sorry man. We lost ours a couple months ago after almost 18 years. Took a while to not be sad every time we came home but it gets better. Dogs only break your heart once.
    We lost ours a couple months back too. We are almost ready for a puppy. We'll see.

Sorry man. Hang in there.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I particularly love dogs.

Man it hurts.
    The innocence and acceptance they show is undeniable in my world.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Man. Ours was 12. We actually had one is his pups who we lost years ago to a coyote when he was only about 2 years old. His dad carried through and both my little kids loved him. My soon to be 3 year old has been asking about him every couple of days and that keeps stinging.

12 was a ripe old age for him though. He was born with a heart murmur and the vet said he wouldn’t be surprised if he only lived a couple of years himself. Never noticed any issues with him related to his heart and then suddenly just kinda gave out over the course of about 24 hours.

i had him before i met my wife and then he was a buddy to my kids. A real good boy through and through. Hated when we had to move east because flying with the dog frankly sucks. Airlines caught onto the bs support animal stuff and forced us to keep him enclosed and tucked under the seat for the duration of the flight, and he frankly hated it. We finally flew west for the last time since we are relocating again, so he was finally done with the cross country flights too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Sorry mate, always sucks losing a pet

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    12 was a ripe old age for him though. He was born with a heart murmur and the vet said he wouldn’t be surprised if he only lived a couple of years himself. Never noticed any issues with him related to his heart and then suddenly just kinda gave out over the course of about 24 hours.
    Glad it wasn't a long time suffering. It's definitely better when it's fast like that and there's nothing you can do. That's what happened with this one for us.

A previous dog of ours just slowly got worse and worse (also heart murmur related) but we were taking her to the vet to get fluid drained, keeping her on meds, all that stuff. Because there would still be days when everything seemed normal. At some point we had to decide that the quality of life wasn't there anymore. But that's still an incredibly hard decision even if it seems right and obvious after the fact.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    We lost ours a couple months back too. We are almost ready for a puppy. We'll see.

And you probably ate the damn thing, knowin' your weird ass, bene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I particularly love dogs.

Man it hurts.
    The innocence and acceptance they show is undeniable in my world.
    But Kobe's daughter crashin' into the California hillside is a hoot.

Okay.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    But Kobe's daughter crashin' into the California hillside is a hoot.

Okay.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Man. Ours was 12. We actually had one is his pups who we lost years ago to a coyote when he was only about 2 years old. His dad carried through and both my little kids loved him. My soon to be 3 year old has been asking about him every couple of days and that keeps stinging.

i had him before i met my wife and then he was a buddy to my kids. A real good boy through and through. Hated when we had to move east because flying with the dog frankly sucks. Airlines caught onto the bs support animal stuff and forced us to keep him enclosed and tucked under the seat for the duration of the flight, and he frankly hated it. We finally flew west for the last time since we are relocating again, so he was finally done with the cross country flights too
    Oh man sorry to hear that. When I lost my dog about ten years ago that first week was really tough like I'd just instinctively go to her favorite spots because I was used to doing it multiple times a day to go say hi or go play with her or take her out for a walk, etc, and it was strange having a sandwich and not have her scratching at my leg for a piece of ham or something out of it. Her kidneys just seemed to go to at once and caused her terrible seizures the last few of days of her life and I'd do things like put chicken broth in her water to try to force fluids into her but it wasn't enough. Vet said all I could do was try to get her to drink a ton of fluids because there's no such thing as dialysis for dogs. Ugh now my current dog is a senior and I dread knowing that she's long past her physical prime now and know I'll be a wreck when her body gives out too at some point. Though she's still pretty energetic so I figure she has some years left, just not in that phase where she can catch squirrels, birds, rabbits, and like when she was young. Sorry man, I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 15 Hours Ago at 12:11 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Took me a couple of months too before I was ready. Can't really rush it and I wanted to wait until I was 100% sure I was ready.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I know the drill...[it's okay because she belonged to a Laker. Anybody else and you'd be in mourning for months. A stray dog on the road, you'd be morose forever. Same protocol with Trump.] "Any other President and I get my American pride at a boil. Harumph!"

Let us proceed...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Took me a couple of months too before I was ready. Can't really rush it and I wanted to wait until I was 100% sure I was ready.
    Think we’ll shoot for about 6mo from now. Just settling into a new home, enough of a transition for the kids. Will wait till the younger one turns a year old and is in daycare before we start house breaking a doggo. Don’t want barking messing with the sleep cycle of an infant.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Think we’ll shoot for about 6mo from now. Just settling into a new home, enough of a transition for the kids. Will wait till the younger one turns a year old and is in daycare before we start house breaking a doggo. Don’t want barking messing with the sleep cycle of an infant.
    Bet you didn't tell "the kids" you was makin' fun of Kobe & daughter augering in there in California, huh, 21?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    brutal. its an awful experience. my last dog caught pneumonia. he was laying in my lap then suddenly jumped down, staggered around like he was drunk, fell over and died. it still bothers me to this day to remember that.

I had a rough few days after that, but ended up getting another dog within a week and that helped immensely.

Thread Information