Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, why not? It's just basketball. I literally DGAF about any non-Spur basketball player. If Kawhi ever gets on team USA, or if Pop coaches, I'll root for em.

Players I'm fans of >>> players I couldn't give two s about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, why not? It's just basketball. I literally DGAF about any non-Spur basketball player. If Kawhi ever gets on team USA, or if Pop coaches, I'll root for em.

Players I'm fans of >>> players I couldn't give two s about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an Australian i am rooting for the Aussies with young Spur Patty Mills running the show for the green and gold. I'd love to see him go totally nuts, thus giving him added confidence for next NBA season. (Can we please sign Aussie David Anderson to? That mofo has game and can knock down the three, play d and rebound, making Matt Freakin Bonner totally expendable.

I have enjoyed following Brazil, Argentina and France also, keeping an eye on our Spurs.

But being an Australian, and once again having an australian playing for the spurs i'm going for Australia over Team USA in a mad underdog way. Theres no Spurs on Team USA so i really dont give a about them.

So my order for the Olympics

Australia
    Argentina
    Brazil
    France
    USA

Go the Patty Mills and Australia, go any other Spur player, and the spurless americans up along the way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When other teams have made the game competative, its sucks to see the NBA players gradually falling back into the habits of running and crying to the officials after every whistle. This isn't the NBA. Just go out there and play your heart out. If your that much better than everybody then you shouldn't have to cry to the refs.

I don't root against the US, but I wouldn't be crushed if this group of players lost either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't root for Team USA, bunch of arrogant idiots with their trash talking and showboating is just ridiculous! They make our country look bad as they don't handle winning without any grace or class!

Rooting for Argentina, France, Brazil and Australia as they have our Spurs are playing Manu, Tony, Diaw, De Colo, Mills and Splitter.

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't care if Team USA wins anything. The fact that they are so wildly inconsistent — winning by 80 points one game and 5 points the next — makes them impossible to like. The point of the Olympics is to bring the "America, Yeah" goods, and if Team USA isn't living up to that reasonable expectation of annihilating international compe ion, I hope they get unseated from their sense of en lement and complacency. Particularly by a team featuring Spurs players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how people here would view the Dream Team. Jordan was as arrogant as they come. Karl Malone and Stockton were on the team. Larry Bird was arrogant as too. Charles Barkley was an ass and even elbowed that Angolan player. Christian Latener was a straight up asshole. They ran up the score every game. But they had David so I'm sure most of you would be lapping it up.

But man, this team is full of assholes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how people here would view the Dream Team. Jordan was as arrogant as they come. Karl Malone and Stockton were on the team. Larry Bird was arrogant as too. Charles Barkley was an ass and even elbowed that Angolan player. Christian Latener was a straight up asshole. They ran up the score every game. But they had David so I'm sure most of you would be lapping it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was American as a Spurs fan, it'd be difficult to root for this team.

The 92 one needed to reclaim gold after losing in 1988 so they were more likeable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was American as a Spurs fan, it'd be difficult to root for this team.

The 92 one needed to reclaim gold after losing in 1988 so they were more likeable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The dream team was arrogant, but professional. They left the arrogrant back in the NBA and understood what it mean't to represent with dignity. They're was no chest thumping due to a blowout as they played with a common focus. In a word one team had class, while the other team is crass.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So anyone not american is an unamerican got? why?
    Obviously this doesn't apply to foreigners rooting for their own country, but some of these cucks are Americans and should be ashamed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dream team was arrogant, but professional. They left the arrogrant back in the NBA and understood what it mean't to represent with dignity. They're was no chest thumping due to a blowout as they played with a common focus. In a word one team had class, while the other team is crass.
    What a difference 20 years makes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't see a problem with how our guys are acting this time around. I know I've seen some in the past when we've had some thugs on the team but this year they seem like they are all acting just fine.

If other countries were beating people by 60 pts they wouldn't know how to act. I've seen Scola act like a little at times on the court this Olympics but 'he's just really compe ive" is the excuse and everybody still seems to love Argentina.

I understand the rooting for the underdog thing in sports and I do it as well but not when it comes to this. I hope USA skull s every opponent. Spurs or no Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was just thinking about posting something like this, ing spurfan and their I don't root for classlessness!

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously this doesn't apply to foreigners rooting for their own country, but some of these cucks are Americans and should be ashamed.
    Maybe if the American players would consistently do what they're supposed to do as upper echelon members of the NBA — leave no doubt that they're the best players in the world — they wouldn't be such an unlikeable team.

Also, there's no reason why Americans, or any country's citizens for that matter, should be obligated to support their national team. I root for the players that want to win, not the ones that ride a sense of en lement and barely coast by on their way to victory. Anyways, the olympics is about human triumph, not national triumph, which is why the Olympic Committee doesn't give out a trophy to the country with the most medals. The media is the en y that pumps up the national medal count as if it mattered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the got with the biggest got in the NBA on his avatar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate tough guy Durant!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the NBA, I root for the Spurs. Probably because I grew up in S.A. and have watched them all my life.

In the Olympics, I root for every USA athlete because they are not just competing for themselves, but they are representing the country and I want them to win. That includes Team USA. I want the Spurs players representing their country to do well, and I wish them well, but I want the U.S. to bring home the gold.

The U.S. is the powerhouse of basketball, and I'm not ready to give that up, even if it means supporting the Thunder players, who incidentally most people around here liked until they beat the Spurs in the playoffs.

I respect a U.S. citizen's right to root for Argentina over the U.S., or one of the other countries, but it's not for me. Yes, the U.S. is an "arrogant" team, but we are also considered an "arrogant" country, so if we are going to be the world's bad guy, might as well take full advantage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an american I'll always go for USA... but as a fan of the game I'm rooting for Argentina [secretly]

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Maybe y'all should stop worrying about who to root for and work on not being diabetic San Antonian fat s. I went to SA this summer and they have some of the fattest and ugliest people I have ever seen. Not to mention that city is a hole with nothing to do besides see a dirty ass river and the Alamo that no one gives a about.

Seriously, is the high be@ner concentration the reason why almost everyone there is a fatass?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe y'all should stop worrying about who to root for and work on not being diabetic San Antonian fat s. I went to SA this summer and they have some of the fattest and ugliest people I have ever seen. Not to mention that city is a hole with nothing to do besides see a dirty ass river and the Alamo that no one gives a about.

Seriously, is the high be@ner concentration the reason why almost everyone there is a fatass?
    Have you seen some of Dirk's girlfriends?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In a word one team had class, while the other team is crass.
    What's up with Spur fan and their use of re ed cliches?

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Have you seen some of Dirk's girlfriends?
    I've seen his new wife and she isn't bad at all.

I assume you're a fatass from that ty city SA?

Banned
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    2nd fattest city in the US
    29.1% of your population is morbidly obese
    12.1% has diabetes

Thread Information