Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has had some pretty special years in the NBA in my opinion. He is a very capable player in reality from my point of view.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it's possible that most of the negotiations have been made in May/June.

De Colo isn't too without a backup plan. If he doesn't sign with Spurs, his wish is to play the Euroleague with a Spanish team. That's another reason why you don't hear about him on the European market transfer: his agent is just staying in touch with a couple of Spanish teams.
    Quite possible.

OK folks, need to go to sleep.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally, I think Kirilenko would LOOK great with the Spurs, but, for whatever reason, the guy just never gets it done.
    Including this year Euroleague. They looked unbeatable and then they lost.
    I'd go for Lorbek, still.
    He's had what, one shot at getting it done - this years Euroleague. Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament final... The rest of his time has been with Utah, post Stockton/Malone - he's never had anything there to "get it done".

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why almost every euro guard out there is compared to the next Manu? Must be really easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus Kirilenko isn't built to be a star, he is more of a complementary player, perfect addition to a team like the Spurs. Some players aren't meant to avg 20/10; yet get criticized by fans that don't understand their skill set.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why almost every euro guard out there is compared to the next Manu? Must be really easy.
    I think it is because of his ball handling skills and the way he is able to find the open man and off course the no look between your legs pass....ie..Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another frenchman? SMH... maybe we lucky out and he surrenders before signing the contract...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another frenchman? SMH... maybe we lucky out and he surrenders before signing the contract...
    You've acclimated to America quite nicely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy sh#t spurs stacked at guard
    Stacked is when you have a lot of players that can actually play. After Parker, Ginobili, and Danny Green, everybody is one big question mark, and even Green is still a below-average starter in the league.

Still, I'm fine with having a lot of possibilities, since it means that we're not putting all our eggs in one unproven basket. Hopefully someone will come in and prove they belong in the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nono - you accidentally put blue as the color of your text.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stacked is when you have a lot of players that can actually play. After Parker, Ginobili, and Danny Green, everybody is one big question mark, and even Green is still a below-average starter in the league.

Still, I'm fine with having a lot of possibilities, since it means that we're not putting all our eggs in one unproven basket. Hopefully someone will come in and prove they belong in the rotation.
    The difference is this one can shoot AND pass...makes it much less likely we ever see Neal in that PG role again, thank God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was being festive...tomorrow is Independence Day after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is this one can shoot AND pass...makes it much less likely we ever see Neal in that PG role again, thank God.
    Don't get me wrong -- I'm totally in support of bringing in De Colo. For that matter, I'm amped about Denmon too, probably beyond what I should be.

I just think it's way too early to talk about how great it is that we have so much depth at guard. We need to see what these guys can actually do in games -- and even more importantly, in the playoffs -- before we know how many guys we have that we can actually depend on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more that I think about it, if the Spurs are signing him, it may very well be for the minimum. De Colo wants to come to the NBA. The Spurs rarely spend their BAE and probably wouldn't spend it until they make sure they fill other positions of need. Honestly, does anyone think the Spurs would spend their BAE before they know which bigman they will land and if they'll need to replace Green? That would be too risky judging by how safe and methodical the Spurs usually act in the summer.

If the Spurs told De Colo that they want him but only have the minimum to offer, he may very well take the deal with an eye at a payoff down the line. Playing in the NBA with potentially two countrymen also on the team for $500K isn't exactly slumming it. If he does well, he'll bank eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmmm, I'd like to think signing another french guy to the team increases our chances for keeping Diaw, but for some reason this makes me think Diaw is gone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh, if we actually achieve what has been suggested in this thread - de Colo for the minimum, and Lorbek for a BAE contract with a player option after the first year (assuming the Arenas rule would apply), we would be in awesome shape. That would leave us with a full MLE contract to add a big - Kirilenko would be a real possibility....

Duncan/Tiago/Blair
    Kirilenko/Lorbek/Bonner
    Kawhi/SJax
    Green/Manu/Neal
    Parker/De Colo/Denmon

that is a stacked roster...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh, if we actually achieve what has been suggested in this thread - de Colo for the minimum, and Lorbek for a BAE contract with a player option after the first year (assuming the Arenas rule would apply), we would be in awesome shape. That would leave us with a full MLE contract to add a big - Kirilenko would be a real possibility....

Duncan/Tiago/Blair
    Kirilenko/Lorbek/Bonner
    Kawhi/SJax
    Green/Manu/Neal
    Parker/De Colo/Denmon

that is a stacked roster...
    And it doesn't count our QO to Mills or the fact that Joseph is under contract. If we kept both, we might even get to amnesty Bonner on the grounds that we ran out of roster space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this could simply be due diligence by the Spurs too... if the guy has some injury in the Olympics, the Spurs might want to know if he had a prior, structural issue there or if it's just a first time occurrence.

It could also simply be that the Spurs want to know if he has a physical issue before tending an offer, whatever that offer ends up being.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was being festive...tomorrow is Independence Day after all.
    More likely, he was being festive on that 30 years anniversary of surrending.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo tweeted a couple of hours ago that he was at the airport in Paris ready to come to SA.

When you look at the timing of this trip, he will basically spend one day in SA and spend something like 30 hours in travel to do so. It damn looks like De Colo and Spurs have agreed to a contract and he will pass his physical to finalize it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Spurs making a press conference Thursday with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo tweeted a couple of hours ago that he was at the airport in Paris ready to come to SA.

When you look at the timing of this trip, he will basically spend one day in SA and spend something like 30 hours in travel to do so. It damn looks like De Colo and Spurs have agreed to a contract and he will pass his physical to finalize it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Spurs making a press conference Thursday with him.
    If the Spurs hang on a bit more, chances are De Colo will be actually paying to play for the Spurs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If De Colo does end up being the piece to put the on the Spurs cabinet again, even if he doesn't do much...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya he's not in SA yet he's probably landing in SA shortly...and definitely will come to SA to sign if you see his tweets!

Today,

‏@NandoDeColo
    @ CDG : Paris -> SA !

2 days ago some dude wrote him: "@NandoDeColo We have GIANT cinnamon rolls in San Antonio." to which he replied:

‏@NandoDeColo
    @David_B1212 so one more reason for me to come ! ;-)

Definitely looks like a player that's on his way to sign.. And since he's not an NBA player yet, does this mean he can be signed today and the Spurs would announce it officially or does he have to wait till July 11th also?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have the insurance lined up that will satisfy the Spurs to sign him before he plays in the Olympics?

Thread Information