Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo is NOT looking for contracts in Europe.

Insider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad Diaw isn't traveling back too. The Spurs could check Parker's eye, finish up the contracts with Diaw and De Colo, and then send them back to Old Orleans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the BAE (that's what the LLE is called now) is probably the ceiling. BAE max is $4M over two years.
    I don't really think it can be anything else. I can't believe de Colo would come over for the min, and we'd better not be using the MLE (not when we need it for big men)!

The only question is does he get all of the BAE. Do I recall correctly something about how it only actually becomes bi-annual if you use the whole exception ($2 Million/year), otherwise you can use it again next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome news if true. Now let's amnesty Bonner and get Lorbek over here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive seen some of his highlights from the 2011 euroleague.

He definitely has the physique, looks like he has a solid passing skillset at 6'5.

Ball handling looks a little iffy, but we'll see and he is 6'5. From what I saw, this dude has like barely any athleticism, and his vertical isn't anything to brag about.

His driving in game looks interesting, he kind has a manu esque type of skillset, utilizing the eurostep and driving left and finishing (despite being right handed).

Hope someone who actually has seen him in full games can contribute more..I really hope this guy can be our solid backup PG who has strong ball security.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL@the front office bringing in even more soft white euros to surround Tim Duncan with.

De Culo
    Lorbek
    Splitter
    Bonner

LOLOLOLOLOL!
    You didn't pass geography, did you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this move if he indeed signs with Spurs.

While I'm not 100% sure that De Colo will succeed in the NBA, he should be cheap and he is a good player so it's a good gamble. He is a very strong offensive player and is cold blooded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this move if he indeed signs with Spurs.

While I'm not 100% sure that De Colo will succeed in the NBA, he should be cheap and he is a good player so it's a good gamble. He is a very strong offensive player and is cold blooded.
    which position do you see him playing in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which position do you see him playing in the NBA?
    I see him playing both PG and SG depending on the matchups and where the playing time is.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can handle the rock better than Mr. Neal... so that's a plus... and from what little clips are available he seems to be a capable playmaker too...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a PG right? So if we bring him over that gives us Tony, Patty Mills (if he resigns), Cory Joseph, and Nando with Gary Neal serving as an emergency PG.

Seems a tad crowded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a PG right? So if we bring him over that gives us Tony, Patty Mills (if he resigns), Cory Joseph, and Nando with Gary Neal serving as an emergency PG.

Seems a tad crowded.
    Let us scratch Gary Neal from this list and refrain from mentioning him as a backup PG ever again. Experiment FAILED:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems a tad crowded.
    Neal=trade bait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let us scratch Gary Neal from this list and refrain from mentioning him as a backup PG ever again. Experiment FAILED:
    Amen brotha!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is question for the Euro experts. Could you play De Colo and Parker together in spot mins? Does he play the PG or SG better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He definitely has the physique, looks like he has a solid passing skillset at 6'5.

Ball handling looks a little iffy, but we'll see and he is 6'5. From what I saw, this dude has like barely any athleticism, and his vertical isn't anything to brag about.

His driving in game looks interesting, he kind has a manu esque type of skillset, utilizing the eurostep and driving left and finishing (despite being right handed).

Hope someone who actually has seen him in full games can contribute more..I really hope this guy can be our solid backup PG who has strong ball security.
    I've only seen minimal highlights of De Colo, so I'm not going to slam him before he gets here. While I certainly hope that between De Colo and Mills, the Spurs will have addressed the gaping hole at backup PG, I am concerned about the "lack of athleticism" comment regarding De Colo.

The Spurs are getting owned in the playoffs, in part, because, as a whole, this team generally lacks length, quickness and athleticism - especially on the defensive end. I just don't see how adding a couple of plodding Euro players (Lorbek & De Colo) helps address one of the Spurs main deficiencies.

I'm open to being talked off the ledge.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm open to being talked off the ledge.
    It's more fun having you there tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems a tad crowded.
    I can see Joseph being traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's more fun having you there tbh.
    That's not fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's anything like his mixtape, that's a good signing!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see De Colo being any less athletic than Neal. I can certainly see him being a better ball handler. That alone improves our roster, and we may even keep Neal to boot. Mills, I just never saw him be much of a facilitator for us.

Minimum Salary = De Colo, + some small piece of the MLE (possibly and if permitted)

I think we will not use the full MLE on either Lorbek or Diaw, but instead give one the BAE, then supplement with some of the MLE money.

You can bet Spurs will employ the MLE to the maximum extent possible. Lorbek/Diaw/De Colo may all get pieces of it, assuming you can allocate towards as many players as you want, in addition to some other player we may not even be thinking about yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

De colo did not play Euroleague basketball (top 32 teams in Europe).
    Rather Eurocup, which could be equivalent to D league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minimum Salary = De Colo, + some small piece of the MLE (possibly and if permitted)

I think we will not use the full MLE on either Lorbek or Diaw, but instead give one the BAE, then supplement with some of the MLE money.
    No go on both.

Exceptions can be split to sign more than one player, but you can't combine parts of different exceptions in a single contract.

Extremely unlikely that De Colo signs for the minimum or that we can get either Diaw or Lorbek for the BAE.

Best case scenario is that they fit both De Colo and Diaw into the MLE and retain the BAE to go after a project big on the open market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando is a combo 1 and 2 now I think he is more a SG than a PG now considering SG athleticism in the nba I can see him spend some time at PG

Thread Information