Page 200 of 210 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5245
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically yes. I can swap study/paper/review/research without thinking. It doesn’t really change my point.

At this point I’m just having fun watching him constantly step on his own and then back track only to step on his dock again. Easily avoided if he would have just taken the time to actually read it.
    to be fair, the stuff he has pointed about on Connelly is somewhat damning. i recognized Willie Soon, the second author, because i was familiar with the controversy he had been in and his fossil fuel interests... but had no clue about this connelly character

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Sure it has

Here is the Authors site:

Global Warming Solved
    Climate Change Research by Connolly Scientific Research Group

https://globalwarmingsolved.com/about-us/

yes he solved it.
    Idiot.
    This is his families research group.
    Look at all of them and read the qualifications.
    Wow... experts.

And linked to some weird Chinese ultra right religious group.
    That I find very interesting but you probably dont want to go THAT kind of place, again.
    That’s not the paper linked. And not a single author in the paper says GLOBAL WARMING SOLVED.

You STILL haven’t read it

Log off you senile old fart you’re embarrassing yourself.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    to be fair, the stuff he has pointed about on Connelly is somewhat damning. i recognized Willie Soon, the second author, because i was familiar with the controversy he had been in and his fossil fuel interests... but had no clue about this connelly character
    He can point out whatever he wants but without addressing the actual paper it means jack .

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somewhat damning...

Holy .
    There is a whole chinese group involved in this thing with an encampment in NY.

from TSA:

The le of the the article clearly states what the peer reviewed paper says "Study Finds Sun—not CO2—May Be Behind Global Warming"Global Warming Solved

Global Warming Solved

There are no maybes... Straight from the authors research foundation.
    So its not CO2, it is, our sun. Misbehaving as badly as it ever has I guess.

And Fulong gong

Seriously, this who is behind the Epoch times. Fulong Gong.
    Just give us the paper, not Epoch times.

I dont get why all these weird groups want anything to do with global warming.
    Just because they wanted to be involved in our politics?
    And tbf, I dont know why Connally would even mention some of these experts.

Falun Gong has its global headquarters in Dragon Springs, a 400-acre (160 ha) compound around Cuddebackville in Deerpark, New York, near the current residence of Li Hongzhi. Falun Gong's performance arts extension, Shen Yun ("Divine Rhythm") and two closely connected schools, Fei Tian ("Flying Sky-Being") College and Fei Tian Academy of the Arts, also operate in and around Dragon Springs.[4][5][6]

Falun Gong administers a variety of extensions in the United States and elsewhere, which have received notable media attention for their political involvement and ideological messaging, particularly since the involvement of these extensions in the 2016 United States presidential election.

Last edited by pgardn; 08-18-2021 at 09:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA

What is specifically wrong with our view of the Suns role in Global Warming
    What specifically have we missed that he has pointed out.

In your own words. No copy paste.
    Go on old man...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Somewhat damning...

Holy .
    There is a whole chinese group involved in this thing with an encampment in NY.

from TSA:

The le of the the article clearly states what the peer reviewed paper says "Study Finds Sun—not CO2—May Be Behind Global Warming"Global Warming Solved

Global Warming Solved

There are no maybes... Straight from the authors research foundation.

And Fulong gong

Seriously, this who is behind the Epoch times. Fulong Gong.
    Just give us the paper,not Epoch times.

I dont get why all these weird groups want anything to do with global warming.
    Just because they wanted to be involved in our politics?

Falun Gong has its global headquarters in Dragon Springs, a 400-acre (160 ha) compound around Cuddebackville in Deerpark, New York, near the current residence of Li Hongzhi. Falun Gong's performance arts extension, Shen Yun ("Divine Rhythm") and two closely connected schools, Fei Tian ("Flying Sky-Being") College and Fei Tian Academy of the Arts, also operate in and around Dragon Springs.[4][5][6]

Falun Gong administers a variety of extensions in the United States and elsewhere, which have received notable media attention for their political involvement and ideological messaging, particularly since the involvement of these extensions in the 2016 United States presidential election.

“Just give us the paper”

You were given the ing paper you senile old fart you’ve just refused to read it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why?

The problem is solved according to your author.
    So since your author solved it along with his mom and dad and their research foundation, you tell us how its only the sun and not CO2.

In your own words. no copy paste.
    You are the expert now since you clearly believe this stuff.
    Teach me you decaying ancient turd.
    I dont get it.
    Im so old and senile. and I occasionally use the microphone on my cell phone so Im just fried.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Go on old man...
    IPCC has only focused on one range of TSI. You’d know that had you read the ing paper

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Why?

The problem is solved according to your author.
    So since your author solved it along with his mom and dad and their research foundation, you tell us how its only the sun and not CO2.

In your own words. no copy paste.
    You are the expert now since you clearly believe this stuff.
    Teach me.
    I dont get it.
    No one in the paper says the problem is solved nor do they say the sun is the sole cause of global warming. You’d know that I’d you’d actually read the ing paper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one in the paper says the problem is solved nor do they say the sun is the sole cause of global warming. You’d know that I’d you’d actually read the ing paper
    oh

only the author says its solved, but not in the paper, just on his research site?
    yeah, sure.

Go on now grandpa.
    Teach me how its the sun and not CO2

Cool. Im getting the emoticons now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So TSA.
    You have read so much about global warming that this paper has convinced you the Sun, not CO2, is the culprit in global warming going against 98% of the research in this area. I know you wanna play gadfly (planet pizza), so explain it. This is a difficult topic. I dont understand all of it. So I need your help.

How many ways are there to ask the might TSA...?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    oh

only the author says its solved, but not in the paper, just on his research site?
    yeah, sure.

Go on now grandpa.
    Teach me how its the sun and not CO2

Cool. Im getting the emoticons now.
    No one in the paper says the problem is solved nor do they say the sun is the sole cause of global warming. You’d know that if you’d actually read the ing paper…which you still haven’t done

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So TSA.
    You have read so much about global warming that this paper has convinced you the Sun, not CO2, is the culprit in global warming going against 98% of the research in this area. I know you wanna play gadfly (planet pizza), so explain it. This is a difficult topic. I dont understand all of it. So I need your help.

How many ways are there to ask the might TSA...?
    No one in the paper says the problem is solved nor do they say the sun is the sole cause of global warming. You’d know that I’d you’d actually read the ing paper. Since you’ve proven yourself you be extremely lazy just read the conclusions where none of the authors claim any of what you think they do.

No you don’t understand it because you refuse to READ THE ING PAPER

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one in the paper says the problem is solved nor do they say the sun is the sole cause of global warming. You’d know that I’d you’d actually read the ing paper. Since you’ve proven yourself you be extremely lazy just read the conclusions where none of the authors claim any of what you think they do.

No you don’t understand it because you refuse to READ THE ING PAPER
    The one who wrote the paper is Ronan Connally.
    He said his research group, ma, daddy, and himself have solved the problem.
    Dont give me your like 23 people wrote this. One person put this together. ONE.

And no I dont understand climate science and solar science near as well as I understand molecular biology.
    So, since the whole thing is so clear to you, explain it to me. I am familiar with sun cycles, weather, the basics.
    but global warming in itself is a amalgamation of a lot of difficult chemistry, climate, atmosphere, ocean, solar science.

Its pretty clear I need you, to explain it.
    Just a paragraph with six sentences or so, just your own words why its the sun and not CO2.

You put up the absolute crap of a researcher. You understand what he is done. Help him to be noticed, be his bulldog, his spokesperson. Explain it to the about to pass on old man and the rest of ST.

And... please keep the emoticons coming. They are like droplets of sweat from your brow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the authors endorse it

Víctor Manuel Velasco Herrera, Professor of Theoretical Physics and Geophysics at the
    National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM):
    “This paper is very special in that all 23 co-authors set aside our research directions and
    specialties to produce a fair and balanced scientific review on the subject of sun-climate
    connections that the UN IPCC reports had mostly missed or simply neglected.”
    Nicola Scafetta, Professor of Oceanography and Atmospheric Physics at the University of

Naples Federico II (Italy):
    “The possible contribution of the sun to the 20th-century global warming greatly depends on the
    specific solar and climatic records that are adopted for the analysis. The issue is crucial because
    the current claim of the IPCC that the sun has had a negligible effect on the post-industrial climate
    warming is only based on global circulation model predictions that are compared against climatic
    records, which are likely affected by non-climatic warming biases (such as those related to the
    urbanization), and that are produced using solar forcing functions, which are obtained with total
    solar irradiance records that present the smallest secular variability (while ignoring the solar
    studies pointing to a much larger solar variability that show also a different modulation that better
    correlates with the climatic ones). The consequence of such an approach is that the natural
    component of climate change is minimized, while the anthropogenic one is maximized. Both solar
    and climate scientists will find the RAA study useful and timely, as it highlights and addresses this
    very issue.”

Ole Humlum, Emeritus Professor of Physical Geography at the University of Oslo, Norway:
    “This study clearly demonstrates the high importance of carefully looking into all aspects of all
    available data. Obviously, the old saying ‘Nullius in verba’ is still highly relevant in modern
    climate research.”

Gregory Henry, Senior Research Scientist in Astronomy, from Tennessee State University’s
    Center of Excellence in Information Systems (U.S.A.):
    “During the past three decades, I have acquired highly precise measurements of brightness
    changes in over 300 Sun-like stars with a fleet of robotic telescopes developed for this purpose.
    The data show that, as Sun-like stars age, their rotation slows, and thus their magnetic activity
    and brightness variability decrease. Stars similar in age and mass to our Sun show brightness
    changes comparable to the Sun’s and would be expected to affect climate change in their own
    planetary systems.”

Valery M. Fedorov, at the Faculty of Geography in Lomonosov Moscow State University,
    Russia:
    “The study of global climate change critically needs an analytical review of scientific studies of
    solar radiation variations associated with the Earth's orbital motion that could help to determine
    the role and contributions of solar radiation variations of different physical natures to long-term
    climate changes. This paper steers the scientific priority in the right direction.”

Richard C. Willson, Principal Investigator in charge of NASA’s ACRIM series of Sun-
    monitoring Total Solar Irradiance satellite experiments (U.S.A.):
    “Contrary to the findings of the IPCC, scientific observations in recent decades have demonstrated
    that there is no ‘climate change crisis’. The concept that’s devolved into the failed CO2
    anthropogenic global warming (CAGW) hypothesis is based on the flawed predictions of imprecise
    1980’s vintage global circulation models that have failed to match observational data both since
    and prior to their fabrication.
    The Earth’s climate is determined primarily by the radiation it receives from the Sun. The amount
    of solar radiation the Earth receives has natural variabilities caused by both variations in the
    intrinsic amount of radiation emitted by the Sun and by variations in the Earth-Sun geometry
    caused by planetary rotational and orbital variations. Together these natural variations cause the
    Total Solar Irradiance (TSI) at the Earth to vary cyclically on a number of known periodicities
    that are synchronized with known past climatic changes.”

WeiJia Zhang, Professor of Physics at Shaoxing University (China) and a Fellow of the Royal
    Astronomical Society (UK):
    “The quest to understand how the Earth’s climate is connected to the Sun is one of the oldest
    science subjects studied by the ancient Greeks and Chinese. This review paper blows open the
    mystery and explains why it has been so difficult to make scientific advances so far. It will take the
    real understanding of fluid dynamics and magnetism on both the Sun and Earth to find the next
    big leap forward.”

Hong Yan (晏宏), Professor of Geology and Paleoclimatology at the Ins ute of Earth
    Environment and Vice Director of the State Key Laboratory of Loess and Quaternary
    Geology in Xi’an, China:
    “Paleoclimate evidence has long been informing us of the large natural variations of local,
    regional and hemispheric climate on decadal, multidecadal to centennial timescales. This paper
    will be a great scientific guide on how we can study the broad topic of natural climatic changes
    from the unique perspective of external forcings by the Sun’s multi-scale and multi-wavelength
    impacts and responses.”

Ana G. Elias, Director of the Laboratorio de Ionosfera, Atmósfera Neutra y Magnetosfera
    (LIANM) at the Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Tecnología in the Universidad Nacional de
    Tu án (FACET-UNT), Argentina:
    “The importance of this work lies in presenting a broader perspective, showing that all the relevant
    long-term trend climate variability forcings, and not just the anthropogenic ones (as has been done
    mostly), must be considered. The way in which the role of these forcings is estimated, such as the
    case of solar and geomagnetic activity, is also important, without minimizing any one in pursuit
    of another. Even the Earth’s magnetic field could play a role in climate.”

Willie Soon, at the Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES), who
    also has been researching sun/climate relationships at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for
    Astrophysics (U.S.A.) since 1991:
    “We know that the Sun is the primary source of energy for the Earth’s atmosphere. So, it always
    was an obvious potential contributor to recent climate change. My own research over the last 31
    years into the behavior of stars that are similar to our Sun, shows that solar variability is the norm,
    not the exception. For this reason, the Sun’s role in recent climate change should never have been
    as systematically undermined as it was by the IPCC’s reports. Hopefully, this systematic review
    of the many unresolved and ongoing challenges and complexities of Sun/climate relationships can
    help the scientific community return to a more comprehensive and realistic approach to
    understanding climate change.”

László Szarka, from the ELKH Ins ute of Earth Physics and Space Science (Hungary) and
    also a member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences:
    “This review is a crucial milestone on the way to restoring the scientific definition of ‘climate
    change’ that has become gradually distorted over the last three decades. The scientific community
    should finally realize that in science there is no authority or consensus; only the right to seek the
    truth.”
    TLDR. You didn't either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You STILL haven't read the study None of the 23 co-authors claim to have solved global warming.

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2105/2105.12126.pdf

Invited Review. Received 7 Dec 2020; Revised 9 Mar 2021; Accepted for publication in Research in
    Astronomy and Astrophysics on 14 Apr 2021.
    We appreciate that some readers may share the sentiments
    of Lean and Zacharias and others and may be tempted to use
    these political arguments for helping them to decide their
    opinion on this ongoing scientific debate.
    Read it, and the author spends a lot of time taking issue with "very likely", and saying how political the other side is. .

From Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science by Martin Gardner
    1.The pseudo-scientist considers himself a genius.

2.He regards other researchers as stupid, dishonest or both. By choice or necessity he operates outside the peer review system (hence the le of the original Antioch Review article, "The Hermit Scientist").

3.He believes there is a campaign against his ideas, a campaign compared with the persecution of Galileo or Pasteur.

4.Instead of side-stepping the mainstream, the pseudo-scientist attacks it head-on: The most revered scientist is Einstein so Gardner writes that Einstein is the most likely establishment figure to be attacked.

5.He coins neologisms. ["new words", in this case meant to sound as scientific as possible-RG]

The whole thing reads like a gish-gallop that makes my scam-dar ping.

I am left, as always with the risk calculation.

Reducing CO2 emissions costs a lot less than the risk of disaster, and appears to be economically beneficial, given the cost slopes of renewables.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read it, and the author spends a lot of time taking issue with "very likely", and saying how political the other side is. .

From Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science by Martin Gardner

The whole thing reads like a gish-gallop that makes my scam-dar ping.

I am left, as always with the risk calculation.

Reducing CO2 emissions costs a lot less than the risk of disaster, and appears to be economically beneficial, given the cost slopes of renewables.
    I am left with what the vast majority of the scientific community thinks, whose life work involves this subject. TSA brings up doubt with the most disreputable sources possible. People looking to scam. This paper and its author have claimed political bias and then go totally political and get paid for taking the other side for various reasons, some as bad as what SR21 claimed about one of the contributing papers by willie soon.

So now we are just supposed to read the paper(s) about sun cycles and energy and it will all be cleared up and SOLVED. TSA thinks the paper is totally detached from the author (we, my mom, dad and I, have solved the global warming issue) and then cant explain it even though he says he understands it. TSA picks a guy working with his dad and mom in Ireland in their own ins ute, just look at that site. That reads horribly slanted all over, exactly what the author says he is trying to avoid in his writings. TSA put up BS again, got called, and cant defend it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am left with what the vast majority of the scientific community thinks, whose life work involves this subject. TSA brings up doubt with the most disreputable sources possible. People looking to scam. This paper and its author have claimed political bias and then go totally political and get paid for taking the other side for various reasons, some as bad as what SR21 claimed about one of the contributing papers by willie soon.

So now we are just supposed to read the paper(s) about sun cycles and energy and it will all be cleared up and SOLVED. TSA thinks the paper is totally detached from the author (we, my mom, dad and I, have solved the global warming issue) and then cant explain it even though he says he understands it. TSA picks a guy working with his dad and mom in Ireland in their own ins ute, just look at that site. That reads horribly slanted all over, exactly what the author says he is trying to avoid in his writings. TSA put up BS again, got called, and cant defend it.
    Pretty much.

I don't think TSA cares about the subject, to be honest. It is a way of "owning the libs" to him.

His fellow cult members have decided this is A Thing, so he buys into it. I have read one or two sections of that paper, and the more one digs in, the more obvious that the authors goal was obfuscation.

The press release that accompanied it confirms that.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

I don't think TSA cares about the subject, to be honest. It is a way of "owning the libs" to him.

His fellow cult members have decided this is A Thing, so he buys into it. I have read one or two sections of that paper, and the more one digs in, the more obvious that the authors goal was obfuscation.

The press release that accompanied it confirms that.
    Though that (one or two sections) had ya snortin' eh, RG?
    tee, hee.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The one who wrote the paper is Ronan Connally.
    He said his research group, ma, daddy, and himself have solved the problem.
    Dont give me your like 23 people wrote this. One person put this together. ONE.

And no I dont understand climate science and solar science near as well as I understand molecular biology.
    So, since the whole thing is so clear to you, explain it to me. I am familiar with sun cycles, weather, the basics.
    but global warming in itself is a amalgamation of a lot of difficult chemistry, climate, atmosphere, ocean, solar science.

Its pretty clear I need you, to explain it.
    Just a paragraph with six sentences or so, just your own words why its the sun and not CO2.

You put up the absolute crap of a researcher. You understand what he is done. Help him to be noticed, be his bulldog, his spokesperson. Explain it to the about to pass on old man and the rest of ST.

And... please keep the emoticons coming. They are like droplets of sweat from your brow.
    23 people co-authored the paper the peer reviewed paper. It accepted and published in the Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics journal.

Víctor Manuel Velasco Herrera, Professor of Theoretical Physics and Geophysics at the
    National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM):
    “This paper is very special in that all 23 co-authors set aside our research directions and
    specialties to produce a fair and balanced scientific review on the subject of sun-climate
    connections that the UN IPCC reports had mostly missed or simply neglected.”

I never claimed it was the sun and not CO2, and neither did any of the 23 co-authors. You'd have known this off the bat if you actually read the ing paper....which you STILL haven't done

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey TSA, has all the adrenochrome harvested in the past twenty years influencing global warming?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/3072/d...t-off-balance/

it's not the euphemistic LIE of Luntz-ian "climate change",

but AGW, anthropogenic global warming. words count

(or Luntz wouldn't have bothered to LIE

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey TSA, has all the adrenochrome harvested in the past twenty years influencing global warming?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . We urge researchers who are
    genuinely interested in trying to answer the question posed by
    the le of this paper to consider a wide range of TSI estimates
    and not just ones that agree with the researchers’ prior beliefs
    or expectations
    "we just have questions"... standard conspiracy bull language.

But questioning is part of science and not inherently bad. It should raise the radar when it comes to being a tad more skeptical of conclusions.

My thoughts:

They didn't address satellite data adequately.
    They didn't address ocean warming much, focusing on "urban and rural stations". No real original research.
    They think sun variability is more important than CO2, but didn't explain why night time warming is accelerating faster than daytime temps. CO2 explains this, "the sun did it" does not, and isn't addressed anywhere in the paper.

In short, cherry-picking data, just like all the other paid diatribes.

All three of the main authors appear to suck money out of a non-profit that accepts all sorts of anonymous donations, and all three have had papers soundly destroyed in the peer-review process. This looks just like something to gin up controversy to get more donations, IMO.

I imagine this will end up in the same bin. Fun reading for the science parts though.

Thread Information