Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The gang banger in the first part of "Grand Canyon" superlatively explains the gun as a symbol. Kevin Kline's character comes out of the GWF (before the Spurs shuttered it) gets frustrated with traffic and pulls out into a side street and ends up in the wrong part of LA. His car conks out and he's stuck waiting for a tow truck when the homies roll up.
    LOL you only need a gun for respect when you a pussy. You know this

O & 44!!! Now, go back &
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL you only need a gun for respect when you a pussy. You know this
    Not according to the tow truck driver (Danny Glover).

tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's clear the shooter had some angst toward the victim prior to the altercation, racial or not doesn't really matter in that aspect. He was like a guard dog chasing someone out of his territory, pursuing and taking a prejudiced stance that this particular individual was up to no good, basically trespassing on his property (in his neighborhood) and felt it was his right and obligation to address it.

This is a case of being s shocked. The shooter was highly intimidated anyhow, which is why he was carrying a weapon while on watch. He's not a licensed peace officer so there's no reason for him to do that. It's one thing to conceal carry when you are out and about, but he was in a position where the odds were greater he would have an altercation. The purpose of a CHL is to protect yourself, not to police your neighborhood. I could go out at night and find an altercation and kill someone, and probably get a no bill from a grand jury, but that doesn't make it right and a civil court would make my life miserable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not according to the tow truck driver (Danny Glover).

tee, hee.
    That's not respect, that's fear. For some a gun's a cheat code for pussies. Walk around with it so you can have your own sense of power, when you didn't earn it. And because you didn't earn that power you don't respect it, so you'll use it for the wrong reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not respect, that's fear. For some a gun's a cheat code for pussies. Walk around with it so you can have your own sense of power, when you didn't earn it. And because you didn't earn that power you don't respect it, so you'll use it for the wrong reasons.
    So cops carry guns. Are they pussies because they're getting respect they didn't earn?

The respect angle is a weak one. The purpose of carrying a "concealed" weapon is to defend your life. Flashing one around is bravado, but concealing one garners you no such respect. It might empower the user, but then stats certainly don't support the notion that legally possessing a firearm leads to more violence. CHL holders are at the bottom of the list when it comes to crime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So cops carry guns. Are they pussies because they're getting respect they didn't earn?
    First off like half of the cop's on payroll are pussies with guns, lol cops.

Secondly, they have to go to school, and they should learn that discharging your firearm is a last resort measure. Key word being should.

A gun is either
    1)protection:keep my gov. from acting up, keep me fed, keep me safe

2)power:Look at me a badass no one will with me cause i have a gun

The responsible gun owners view it as 1, the pussies view it as 2

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    so cops carry guns. Are they pussies because they're getting respect they didn't earn?

the respect angle is a weak one. The purpose of carrying a "concealed" weapon is to defend your life. Flashing one around is bravado, but concealing one garners you no such respect. It might empower the user, but then stats certainly don't support the notion that legally possessing a firearm leads to more violence. Chl holders are at the bottom of the list when it comes to crime.

bingo!!!

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    heathens being heathens tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off like half of the cop's on payroll are pussies with guns, lol cops.

Secondly, they have to go to school, and they should learn that discharging your firearm is a last resort measure. Key word being should.

A gun is either
    1)protection:keep my gov. from acting up, keep me fed, keep me safe

2)power:Look at me a badass no one will with me cause i have a gun

The responsible gun owners view it as 1, the pussies view it as 2
    Since most states don't allow open carry, the "look at me" thing is a moot point. No one knows you have a gun if you are carrying concealed, and the odds are that if you are carrying open, you're breaking the law or you're a cop.

Get Buckets
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Since most states don't allow open carry, the "look at me" thing is a moot point. No one knows you have a gun if you are carrying concealed, and the odds are that if you are carrying open, you're breaking the law or you're a cop.
    43 of 50 states will allow open carry. It is, however, very rare for most who carry legally to open carry. Although it has become slightly more popular in recent years.

The main reason for open carry - a deterrent to those who would otherwise view you as an easy target. s be crazy, and s be stupid, but s get smart when they see guns.
    Last edited by Ricky Davis; 03-25-2012 at 03:23 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When I'm surfing the net and posting on ST I let this play in the background...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I'm surfing the net and posting on ST I let this play in the background...

I hope your neighborhood has its own George Zimmerman.

Hey. Ain't this about the time you walk to the store for a bottle of milk and a banana?

Make sure to wear your hoodie.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I hope your neighborhood has its own George Zimmerman.
    The Guardian

Thread Information