Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I actually agree with you that they should just end the WNBA.
    Classic Jamstone

"I agree A is a better option than B, but I'm gonna write 3 paragraphs about the great in charity work option B does"

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count

now i'm not saying kobe bryant is better than michael jordan, but kobe did blah blah blah and won blah blah blah and his advanced stats say blah blah blah
    "I'm about to list off all the reasons why Kobe is the most underrated player in the universe, and why Jordan is the most overrated player in the universe, but I swear, I still think Jordan > Kobe by a mile!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some see the glass half empty, some see it half full. JamStone isn't saying it's either, whatever you think is right he agrees with, however there are 300ml of water in a 600ml glass.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Some see the glass half empty, some see it half full. JamStone isn't saying it's either, whatever you think is right, however there is 300ml of water in a 600ml glass.
    No, Jamstone said he agrees the WNBA should be shutdown completely, even tho it made no sense to include that opinion in an explanation of all the great in charity work () the WNBA does.

The WNBA helps bull s earn a living

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really. Everything a business does is supposed to have a positive impact on profitability. If one of the business's operations isn't profitable, they end it. It's that simple.
    As simple as this. The NBA does a lot to improve his image "The NBA Cares", "We are greater than AIDS", and all that. Now picture them ending the WNBA in the midst of negotiations between owners and players on who should get more money. I'm sure that would do wonders for their image.

You would still watch the NBA, I would still watch the NBA. Can you say that it wouldn't have a negative impact on the general public?

Maybe in a different time, maybe under the excuse of finding a way for professional female basketball to be profitable, the NBA can eventually end the WNBA. Not now, and specially if it doesn't make any considerable difference in the NBA economy as it seems to be the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about the MNBA, the Mexican NBA? Don't they deserve a league?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Agree. However, where would tall, fast, athletic lesbians burn off steam?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    all you stupid s comparing a program that builds houses and does volunteer work all over the country or a program that helps contain AIDS to a league that does nothing other than give a few hundred bull s a 5-6 figure salary.

The WNBA is not a charity organization, stop trying to justify its existence by saying it's a charity organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather watch HS ball than the WNBA. So when is the WNFL going to be funded by the NFL or am I behind the curve here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. However, where would tall, fast, athletic lesbians burn off steam?
    I could open a restaurant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all you stupid s comparing a program that builds houses and does volunteer work all over the country or a program that helps contain AIDS to a league that does nothing other than give a few hundred bull s a 5-6 figure salary.

The WNBA is not a charity organization, stop trying to justify its existence by saying it's a charity organization.
    True. Not profitable doesn't equate to not for profit.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    You would still watch the NBA, I would still watch the NBA. Can you say that it wouldn't have a negative impact on the general public?
    The NBA was doing fine before Stern established the WNBA. Quit acting like the WNBA is an absolute must for the NBA's public image. If the general public cared so much about the WNBA being around, the general public would actually pay attention to the WNBA.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Yeah, take the 5 best high school male players in this country, put them against the 5 best female players in the world, and watch the women's team get run off the court. Not going out on much of a limb saying HS > WNBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killing the WNBA would have no negative effect on the NBA. I don't know a single NBA fan who can name 5 WNBA players on one team. I cannot name 5 in the entire league.

Let them apply for D-league. If they make it, good. They might be fun to watch. Otherwise, no. There's no crying in basketball unless you are Lebron or Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HS basketball is actually pretty cool imho
    HS ball is great when you can attend. Nothing like sitting at the court level and feeling the fast break vibrations as you stare through the legs of the cheerleaders... I mean... it's a great sport for the kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA was doing fine before Stern established the WNBA. Quit acting like the WNBA is an absolute must for the NBA's public image. If the general public cared so much about the WNBA being around, the general public would actually pay attention to the WNBA.
    Don't twist it.

The WNBA isn't an absolute must for the NBA image. And I also didn't say that the the WNBA does any charity at all.

If they have never created it, I'm sure there wouldn't be much complaining about the lack of a professional women's league either.

But you're the one saying, it's ok for women's to play basketball when the economy is high. But when the recession hits they should be the first to go down. If you think that's a good way to promote the NBA image OK.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Killing the WNBA would have no negative effect on the NBA. I don't know a single NBA fan who can name 5 WNBA players on one team. I cannot name 5 in the entire league.

Let them apply for D-league. If they make it, good. They might be fun to watch. Otherwise, no. There's no crying in basketball unless you are Lebron or Kobe.
    Heck, let them apply for the NBA. The people who'd cry about the WNBA being banned are the idiots who whine about equal opportunity but don't even know what equal opportunity is. Give women an equal opportunity to make the NBA.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Don't twist it.

The WNBA isn't an absolute must for the NBA image. And I also didn't say that the the WNBA does any charity at all.

If they have never created it, I'm sure there wouldn't be much complaining about the lack of a professional women's league either.

But you're the one saying, it's ok for women's to play basketball when the economy is high. But when the recession hits they should be the first to go down. If you think that's a good way to promote the NBA image OK.
    I said it was excusable, if it were up to me the WNBA wouldn't be around regardless of the economy. I only said a good economy made it so it wasn't something worth complaining about.

It becomes something to complain about when Stern thinks contracting the NBA is a better option than killing the WNBA.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The WNBA isn't advertised or marketed as a charity, I'm sure as not gonna treat it like one. The NBA has "NBA cares" for philanthropy and charity, don't even try to pretend Stern created the WNBA for image. He created the WNBA because his big ass ego was convinced he could create a successful female basketball league.

I've never seen a charity organization that gives people in need 5-6 figure salaries. I've never seen a charity organization that has a draft every year for people to enter hoping they get to work for that charity organization. You have an odd definition of charity when you consider giving a few lucky women with a skill that no one cares about a 5-6 figure income to showcase said skill "giving back to the community". The WNBA doesn't do jack for 99.99% of the community.

Quit acting like the WNBA has any kind of impact real charity organizations do.
    I said view it like one. It's not a charity. What I was saying is that its existence serves a social agenda. Sure it has to do with Stern's ego as well. But I do think Stern is using it for image.

It would be like a soft drink company having a division of the company work on a "health drink." The health drink doesn't sell at all. They don't scrap that division because they want consumers to know they aren't just trying to kill people with sugared drinks and that they're actually socially conscious about the health negatives of their primary money maker.

It is about image too.

I did agree that the WNBA would be better off scrapped. My point was that the WNBA isn't even on the radar as one of primary economic problems the NBA and its franchises are having right now. It's an afterthought. The WNBA isn't what's hurting the NBA financially. Whether it stays alive or they scrap it altogether, the NBA has the same economic problems. The WNBA is very low on the list of financial priorities the NBA needs to fix. That's the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said view it like one. It's not a charity. What I was saying is that its existence serves a social agenda. Sure it has to do with Stern's ego as well. But I do think Stern is using it for image.

It would be like a soft drink company having a division of the company work on a "health drink." The health drink doesn't sell at all. They don't scrap that division because they want consumers to know they aren't just trying to kill people with sugared drinks and that they're actually socially conscious about the health negatives of their primary money maker.

It is about image too.

I did agree that the WNBA would be better off scrapped. My point was that the WNBA isn't even on the radar as one of primary economic problems the NBA and its franchises are having right now. It's an afterthought. The WNBA isn't what's hurting the NBA financially. Whether it stays alive or they scrap it altogether, the NBA has the same economic problems. The WNBA is very low on the list of financial priorities the NBA needs to fix. That's the point.
    aka tax shelter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should end it. If it's more costly now because of any deals they have in place, then whenever those deals are over. But it's not working.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to point out this "board of governors" made up of owners that can call a meeting at any time to end the WNBA without Stern's approval.
    link

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Where's the part about how they could shut down the WNBA at any time without Stern's approval

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I wasn't aware the NBA had any health negatives they had to be socially conscious of. What a great comparison.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's the part about how they could shut down the WNBA at any time without Stern's approval
    Where's the WNBA funding clause of the NBA collective bargaining agreement?

Thread Information