Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.news10.net/news/article/1...kton-mans-door

STOCKTON, CA - Kenneth Wright does not have a criminal record and he had no reason to believe a S.W.A.T team would be breaking down his door at 6 a.m. on Tuesday.

"I look out of my window and I see 15 police officers," Wright said.

Wright came downstairs in his boxer shorts as a S.W.A.T team barged through his front door. Wright said an officer grabbed him by the neck and led him outside on his front lawn.

"He had his knee on my back and I had no idea why they were there," Wright said.

According to Wright, officers also woke his three young children ages 3, 7, and 11 and put them in a Stockton police patrol car with him. Officers then searched his house.

As it turned out, the person law enforcement was looking for was not there - Wright's estranged wife.

"They put me in handcuffs in that hot patrol car for six hours, traumatizing my kids," Wright said.

Wright said he later went to the mayor and Stockton Police Department, but the City of Stockton had nothing to do with Wright's search warrant.

The U.S. Department of Education issued the search and called in the S.W.A.T for his wife's defaulted student loans.

"They busted down my door for this," Wright said. "It wasn't even me."

According to the Department of Education's Office of the Inspector General, the case can't be discussed publicly until it is closed, but a spokesperson did confirm that the department did issue the search warrant at Wright's home.

The Office of the Inspector General has a law enforcement branch of federal agents that carry out search warrants and investigations.

Stockton Police Department said it was asked by federal agents to provide one officer and one patrol car just for a police presence when carrying out the search warrant.

Stockton police did not participate in breaking Wright's door, handcuffing him, or searching his home.

"All I want is an apology for me and my kids and for them to get me a new door," Wright said.

News10/KXTV

Live by what you Speak. DarkReign's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Detroit Pistons
    "All I want is an apology for me and my kids and for them to get me a new door," Wright said.
    Good luck with that, dreamer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    what were they looking for? Money?

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Department of Education asked for the warrant, but the search wasn't ordered because of a defaulted loan...

That'd be pretty funny if it was tho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    I'm glad some people are paying attention to all these episodes of police brutality. Either it's getting worse and worse (as I suspect) or technology and the free flow of information is bringing more of it to light.

I realize cops are necessary, but they are one of the lowest forms of human beings on the planet, and, when coupled with our worsening judicial system, one of the most inept

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Even after someone dies Sallie Mae will try to get you.

http://www.credit.com/blog/2011/02/s...n-after-death/

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Even after someone dies Sallie Mae will try to get you.

http://www.credit.com/blog/2011/02/s...n-after-death/
    Two others banks where Jessica had taken out private student loans – Sallie Mae and Missouri student loan company – promptly discharged Jessica’s outstanding loans upon hearing about the tragedy. But Wells Fargo held out.
    you sure about dat?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'm glad some people are paying attention to all these episodes of police brutality. Either it's getting worse and worse (as I suspect) or technology and the free flow of information is bringing more of it to light.

I realize cops are necessary, but they are one of the lowest forms of human beings on the planet, and, when coupled with our worsening judicial system, one of the most inept
    California has had these sucking paramilitary cops since they formed the massively-corrupt CRASH unit (depicted with kiddie gloves in the movie 'Colors') in LA.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    What the ?

How much does it cost to send out SWAT?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    in america, bank robs you!

What stinks?
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    I don't want this happening to me. I think my Ex, and her criminal son both still use my address for themselves (at least on drivers licenses). Ex may have some unpaid loans and credit card balances, and her son has been in and out of jail for various things.

how can people get someone from using their address?

i know because when i check into things like car ins. or h/o insurance, the agent will say "I show Jane Johnson as a resident at your address"... and I say no she moved out a long time ago...

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Stockton, CA is where I (unfortunately) lived for ten years before going back to school. The cops there are, let's say, inconsistent in their level of efficiency.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    California has had these sucking paramilitary cops since they formed the massively-corrupt CRASH unit (depicted with kiddie gloves in the movie 'Colors') in LA.
    I forget what they're called (some acronym, Funt may remember) but the Feds who operate in the emerald triangle to interdict pot growers routinely trampled on peoples rights and brutalized innocents. Weird, because local and state laws are so lax (rightfully so)

I had friends in Mendo who grew, and the only thing they ever worried about were the damn Feds and their choppers. If you got stopped by local police and weren't 215, you basically got a ticket unless you had some ridiculous weight. If the feds stopped you with the same amount, you could end up in a federal pen for years.

It's mind boggling

silverblk mystix

So, how would you change things or what is your answer to these inept & low forms of human beings?

What would you think needs to be done to change or fix this?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DEFAULTED on loan, why didnt she just clalim bankruptcy, then swat couldnt do to her besides having a ty credit rating for the next few years

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    DEFAULTED on loan, why didnt she just clalim bankruptcy, then swat couldnt do to her besides having a ty credit rating for the next few years
    Bankruptcy does nothing to student loans.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Well I can't fix it now. Change it Wells Fargo for me.

All my loans are with Sallie Mae. I will be paying them until I die.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    So, how would you change things or what is your answer to these inept & low forms of human beings?

What would you think needs to be done to change or fix this?
    I don't pretend to have an answer to your questions.

But...

we could start with more oversight and fewer laws that roll back our individual rights (patriot act, recent SCOTUS ruling in Indiana, etc)

Decriminalize drugs

Decriminalize prositution and other non-violent offenses.

Get rid of the DEA and any and all paramilitary police agencies

Get the feds out of state affairs, unless it's a violent/large scale financial/corporate crime (i.e. things the FBI and treasury investigate)

End these crazy immigration laws which are starting to pollute our country (Arizona, Georgia)

That good for a start?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Can someone warn Duff McCartney?

silverblk mystix
    I don't pretend to have an answer to your questions.

But...

we could start with more oversight and fewer laws that roll back our individual rights (patriot act, recent SCOTUS ruling in Indiana, etc)

Decriminalize drugs

Decriminalize prositution and other non-violent offenses.

Get rid of the DEA and any and all paramilitary police agencies

Get the feds out of state affairs, unless it's a violent/large scale financial/corporate crime (i.e. things the FBI and treasury investigate)

End these crazy immigration laws which are starting to pollute our country (Arizona, Georgia)

That good for a start?
    Not bad...and I would probably agree with most of that...

...but ...I still don't see how people who work in law enforcement are the lowest form of human beings?

Are they lower than any other people who use their professions to abuse others?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    ...but ...I still don't see how people who work in law enforcement are the lowest form of human beings?
    Of course you don't, you're a cop loving got

silverblk mystix
    Of course you don't, you're a cop loving got
    Besides being a troll...what makes you spout ignorant like this?

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Besides being a troll...what makes you spout ignorant like this?
    The way I've seen cops treat college students like the last 3 years, pulling us over for petty speeding tickets while ignoring us when we're victims of crimes.

silverblk mystix
    The way I've seen cops treat college students like the last 3 years, pulling us over for petty speeding tickets while ignoring us when we're victims of crimes.
    So, you feel like a victim without protection from cops?

Thread Information