Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    Every ing year, these agencies get more and more power, and we lose more and more of our rights and individual freedoms.

If you don't see that you're blind.

Are all cops bad? Of course not. Do they have too much power, and thus the opportunity to misuse that power? Yes.

Take away their ability (stupid laws) to misuse their powers and you'll see a decline in these incidents.

Will local police agencies still attract people who got dumped in trash-cans and made fun of in high school, thus leading to a holier-than-thou at ude and a giant chip on their shoulders? Yes, too many. ing cops think they're above all others.

How about this. Make a bachelor's degree a prerequisite for becoming a police officer and increase their pay, while at the same time lowering the overall strength of local police agencies. You would attract better candidates, and not get these Neanderthal, brain dead, rambo wannabe's who've populated every local police agency I've ever run across

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    Can someone warn Duff McCartney?
    Isn't he that MMA loving, bandwagoning scrote-sniffer?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The police are useless if you're the victim of a crime. Get your house broken into or your car stolen? Who gives a ? They'll lie and tell you they'll have a detective who will come speak to the people in the neighborhood, and then it never happens. All they care about is writing tickets and drug busts. Their main function in society is to impose sin taxes on citizens.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    He's the who begged for some money for his college tuition then never paid it back.

on instagram, str8 flexin DUNCANownsKOBE's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    poor

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I met him in person he was a cool vato. I do know Jim50c lent him cash to help pay for school books and he bought a nice guitar and posted it on his myspace page and when Jim50 found out the drama was epic. This topic reminded me of that event do a search.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    The police are useless if you're the victim of a crime. Get your house broken into or your car stolen? Who gives a ? They'll lie and tell you they'll have a detective who will come speak to the people in the neighborhood, and then it never happens. All they care about is writing tickets and drug busts. Their main function in society is to impose sin taxes on citizens.
    Police operations across the country have basically been commercialized . I'm pretty sure cops (at least in Tucson) have a monthly ticket quota they need to reach, and I think this because at the end of every month there are cops on every street hiding behind a tree on a motorcycle to small for their donut eating asses.

silverblk mystix
    Every ing year, these agencies get more and more power, and we lose more and more of our rights and individual freedoms.

If you don't see that you're blind.

Are all cops bad? Of course not. Do they have too much power, and thus the opportunity to misuse that power? Yes.

Take away their ability (stupid laws) to misuse their powers and you'll see a decline in these incidents.

Will local police agencies still attract people who got dumped in trash-cans and made fun of in high school, thus leading to a holier-than-thou at ude and a giant chip on their shoulders? Yes, too many. ing cops think they're above all others.

How about this. Make a bachelor's degree a prerequisite for becoming a police officer and increase their pay, while at the same time lowering the overall strength of local police agencies. You would attract better candidates, and not get these Neanderthal, brain dead, rambo wannabe's who've populated every police agency I've ever run across
    Agree on most of these points,tbh...

#1)I don't think that cops make these laws or have the power to take away these laws--you must be confusing cops with people in the judicial system...cops are usually in enforcement of laws that already exist--through no fault of their own.

#2) Police powers...hmmm...it seems that the only real "power" that a cop has is to temporarily take away a citizens freedom by making an arrest...if they have a reason to believe that the citizen has broken a law...so to take away with a cops ability to make an arrest is an option...but then who would be the ones to arrest lawbreakers? (again--see #1 to see who is responsible for police powers).

#3) It is funny how you assume that cops were the high school nerds and/or losers...I am sure some were and now they feel some misguided pride in something stupid like a badge or uniform...but that might be a really tiny percentage of officers. But you can hang on to that stereotype if it makes you feel superior to a group you already hate. Whatever works for you.

#4) I can tell you how often I have run across the exact opposite...of these Rambo types...
    Just humble guys with families who are just trying to make a living by doing their jobs and going home just like anyone else.

Is a priest who abuses a child any less of a loser?
    A politician who misuses his power for his own agenda?
    A doctor who takes money from drug companies to endorse a drug that will actually harm his patients?

A teacher seducing a student?

Are any of these "professionals" that abuse their position any higher and/or reputable than a dirty cop?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    No, they're not, and they all get reprimanded for their actions. Cops these days basically can abuse their power and get away with it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    I would add that the justice system, via ridiculous fines and other stupid fees for various low level crime, has become a money-making enterprise for every single state/local/Federal policing agency.

Have you ever heard of tickets or parking fines going down in price? Therefor, these pigs have quotas and other pressures on them to arrest people that go beyond the public good. Money corrupts, in this particular realm far more than most others, IMO.

Add in special interest groups, like prison guard unions and the like, and what you get is more status-quo, more prisons, more money needed to run them. Which of course trickles down to the fees and fines we pay.

But there just isn't any money in reform, now is there? Therein lies the crux of the problem. And when we keep electing the same morons to enforce the status-quo and cater to special interests, we get more of the same, or in many cases, a worsening of the situation

This country is ed

silverblk mystix
    No, they're not, and they all get reprimanded for their actions. Cops these days basically can abuse their power and get away with it.
    Generalization.

In any profession...people get away with .

In any profession...people try to get away with --but get busted and get fired, arrested, humiliated, etc...

In any police dept...you have people get caught in improprieties and have their careers ruined.

No exceptions.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    I met him in person he was a cool vato. I do know Jim50c lent him cash to help pay for school books and he bought a nice guitar and posted it on his myspace page and when Jim50 found out the drama was epic. This topic reminded me of that event do a search.
    my apologies, then

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Well I can't fix it now. Change it Wells Fargo for me.

All my loans are with Sallie Mae. I will be paying them until I die.
    Are you paying for grad school?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Police operations across the country have basically been commercialized . I'm pretty sure cops (at least in Tucson) have a monthly ticket quota they need to reach, and I think this because at the end of every month there are cops on every street hiding behind a tree on a motorcycle to small for their donut eating asses.
    Could be worse I guess. I doubt Tuscon has as many members of the Piru Bloods as the LAPD for example, so there are probably less assassins in that force.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    beat me to it

silverblk mystix
    I would add that the justice system, via ridiculous fines and other stupid fees for various low level crime, has become a money-making enterprise for every single state/local/Federal policing agency.

Have you ever heard of tickets or parking fines going down in price? Therefor, these pigs have quotas and other pressures on them to arrest people that go beyond the public good. Money corrupts, in this particular realm far more than most others, IMO.

Add in special interest groups, like prison guard unions and the like, and what you get is more status-quo, more prisons, more money needed to run them. Which of course trickles down to the fees and fines we pay.

But there just isn't any money in reform, now is there? Therein lies the crux of the problem. And when we keep electing the same morons to enforce the status-quo and cater to special interests, we get more of the same, or in many cases, a worsening of the situation

This country is ed
    And this is cops fault? (the lowest form of human beings--in your opinion)

Explain this.

I haven't had a speeding or parking ticket in over...geez 30 years...I love cars...I love to drive fast....I wish I was above the law and could break it anytime---and then blame the cops....but I can't...

It sucks...but I decided to not drive fast...to not park in areas I am not supposed to park,etc...

When I have gotten pulled over...I turned on my dome light...put both hands on the steering wheel so the officer could see them and did not make any sudden moves or disrespect the officer in any way...

I also told him he got me (if I was speeding---I told him you got me...thanks for pulling me over--who knows , maybe you just saved my life)...

every single time...I was let go with a warning...

when I did get a ticket and the cop was a real asshole...I just shrugged it off...told myself the officer was an asshole ( as are a lot of human beings in many other professions) paid my fine or took a traffic class...and continued on with my life...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers

Is a priest who abuses a child any less of a loser?
    No, worse...another reason organized religion is evil.
    A politician who misuses his power for his own agenda?
    yes, politicians don't kick down doors, beat people up and throw people in jail, at least directly (not a big gap 'tween the two, however)
    A doctor who takes money from drug companies to endorse a drug that will actually harm his patients?
    yes, see above

A teacher seducing a student?
    This depends on too many factors for me to even get into, but in a nuts ...yes

Are any of these "professionals" that abuse their position any higher and/or reputable than a dirty cop?
    yes x's a billion

and to even compare doctors/teachers to cops is ing ridiculous. Let me put it like this... Have I ever had a bad experience with a doctor/teacher, or know anyone who has (in that it directly affected their well-being or freedoms?) No, not even close

Have I personally seen dirty cops doing things that aren't legal? Yes, a lot. And I know countless other people who have similar stories. Illegal raids on bad warrants, drugs disappearing come trial time, an avalanche of traffic violations, etc. I've even had a DUI thrown out because the asst DA called the traffic stop "unconscionable". My step-brother has smoked crack with cops. My buddy got arrested for possession of MJ (he had 12 grams of hydro) and when the hearing came up in court they only accused him of possessing 2 grams. He got a ing year on a second offense (the first was a curfew violation) I could go on...

So if you want to fellate cops and empower their draconian stranglehold on us, go ahead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners

This country is ed
    Did you know that the prison population (at least in texas) is paridoxically going down? In fact, there are more than a few prisons here in texas that are on the verge of closing (or have already closed) due to lack of inmates. Apparently our increasingly liberal probation and parole guidelines as well as an increasing use of drug treatment diversion is the culprit.

I am not making an argument here, just some interesting info.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    yes, politicians don't kick down doors, beat people up and throw people in jail, at least directly (not a big gap 'tween the two, however)
    yes, see above

yes x's a billion

and to even compare doctors/teachers to cops is ing ridiculous. Let me put it like this... Have I ever had a bad experience with a doctor/teacher, or know anyone who has (in that it directly affected their well-being or freedoms?) No, not even close

Have I personally seen dirty cops doing things that aren't legal? Yes, a lot. And I know countless other people who have similar stories. Illegal raids on bad warrants, drugs disappearing come trial time, an avalanche of traffic violations, etc. I've even had a DUI thrown out because the asst DA called the traffic stop "unconscionable". My step-brother has smoked crack with cops. My buddy got arrested for possession of MJ (he had 12 grams of hydro) and when the hearing came up in court they only accused him of possessing 2 grams. He got a ing year on a second offense (the first was a curfew violation) I could go on...

So if you want to fellate cops and empower their draconian stranglehold on us, go ahead.
    Are you serious? Any time (save one) that I have been pulled over it has been because I have done something wrong. The one time that I wasn't was thrown out of court. That cop was an asshole. Absolutely.

I have watched with my own eyes a cop in full uniform do a rail of ice off of his kitchen table through his window. He was a bad cop.

However none of this matters when it comes to me. A cop can be dirty as and bust me for doing something wrong and doesn't take away from the fact that I was doing something wrong. Just because they are being hypocritical doesn't allow me to be hypocritical (in my mind anyway). You know what? When I quit blaming bad luck for any of my problems was the exact moment that I didn't have any more of those types of problems. Personal responsibility, some people see it as a curse, I see it as a blessing.

silverblk mystix
    yes, see above

yes x's a billion

Just a suggestion, but have you ever tried to stay on the right side of the law?

It appears that you put yourself in situations and associate with people who cannot or will not comply with the law...yet you are sure that Cops are the source of your misfortune.

Pretty obvious that if you never put yourself in these positions...you would have no stories of bad police behavior in your life.

Was it a cops fault that YOU were driving under the influence?

You judge cops--yet your STEP-BROTHER smokes crack... o??? ding-ding???

Is your step brother really good or innocent because he smoked with a dirty cop drug-user?

If my step-brother told me he smoked crack...with anyone-let alone with a cop...I would dis-associate myself from my step-brother so fast it would make his head spin...but that is a choice....you obviously only see the cop smoking crack --part of that equation...

I only pointed out that bad cops are no worse than bad people in any other profession...I never defended any bad/dirty cops...so you can spin it any way you want...I was hoping for honest dialogue to try and understand these cops are the worst...blah...blah...comments that keep coming out here...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    my apologies, then
    That doesn't mean online he's not a MMA loving, bandwagoning scrote-sniffer?

In person I get along with DizzG,Sequ,Chris Duel,Kori,TimVp,BigSnack,Joe Chalupa,DannyT,PakiDan, and others.... but once we get back online it's war!

That's what was so cool about the GTGs you could have a friendly beer with koriwhat as you rub lotion on his tats and once you get back to ST he's back to calling you an asshole. it was funny like that.

silverblk mystix
    Are you serious? Any time (save one) that I have been pulled over it has been because I have done something wrong. The one time that I wasn't was thrown out of court. That cop was an asshole. Absolutely.

I have watched with my own eyes a cop in full uniform do a rail of ice off of his kitchen table through his window. He was a bad cop.

However none of this matters when it comes to me. A cop can be dirty as and bust me for doing something wrong and doesn't take away from the fact that I was doing something wrong. Just because they are being hypocritical doesn't allow me to be hypocritical (in my mind anyway). You know what? When I quit blaming bad luck for any of my problems was the exact moment that I didn't have any more of those types of problems. Personal responsibility, some people see it as a curse, I see it as a blessing.
    Amazing.

Somebody actually gets it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    That doesn't mean online he's not a MMA loving, bandwagoning scrote-sniffer?

In person I get along with DizzG,Sequ,Chris Duel,Kori,TimVp,BigSnack,Joe Chalupa,DannyT,PakiDan, and others.... but once we get back online it's war!

That's what was so cool about the GTGs you could have a friendly beer with koriwhat as you rub lotion on his tats and once you get back to ST he's back to calling you an asshole. it was funny like that.
    ahh, in that case I reinstate my previous post. I thought he was a different person than who I was initially thinking about

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    I have a clean record, and I'm done arguing with stupid people. good day

silverblk mystix
    I have a clean record, and I'm done arguing with stupid people. good day
    I don't recall any arguments...or stupid people...good day.

Thread Information