Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've played almost perfect basketball all season yet I still harbor alot of reservations about our ability to win it all.
    Timmy has been a third option at best all season and I am concerned as to whether he will be able to step into a bigger role when the need eventually arises.
    Tony Parker's style of play. Not unlike Dwyane Wade and AI before him; TP takes a beating. He has had his fair share if injury problems in the recent past which leaves one to worry about his ability to play to full potential come the playoffs.
    Popovic's distrust in the young bigs is also very concerning as he has limited Dejuan Blair's minutes and been very reluctant to afford Tiago Splitter any playing time.
    Manu has also has become infatuated with the three ball; having chucked up the most 3 pointers in the league thus far this season. At times at the most inopportune moments in games.
    Richard Jefferson's comfort with being a 5th and 6th option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate Spurs fans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas has a better team than Spurs. That said, they had a better team than Miami in 2006. Most talented team doesn't always win.

Pompous Phil Jackson said Spurs of 2004 were better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've played almost perfect basketball all season yet I still harbor alot of reservations about our ability to win it all.
    Timmy has been a third option at best all season and I am concerned as to whether he will be able to step into a bigger role when the need eventually arises.
    Tony Parker's style of play. Not unlike Dwyane Wade and AI before him; TP takes a beating. He has had his fair share if injury problems in the recent past which leaves one to worry about his ability to play to full potential come the playoffs.
    Popovic's distrust in the young bigs is also very concerning as he has limited Dejuan Blair's minutes and been very reluctant to afford Tiago Splitter any playing time.
    Manu has also has become infatuated with the three ball; having chucked up the most 3 pointers in the league thus far this season. At times at the most inopportune moments in games.
    Richard Jefferson's comfort with being a 5th and 6th option.

Awwww ,

You done woke up MB.....

The OP is on his own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, spur fan with reservations. How dare they??? Where do they get the nerve?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, spur fan with reservations. How dare they??? Where do they get the nerve?

Reservations and doubts are perfectly normal, but a lot of Spurs fans around here really need to sack up tbh.

Pain Strength Happiness ManuBalboa's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what you're saying, but everything save Parker concern is 100% true.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like every other Spur fan will be hoping that they can win it all. I do believe that they have as good a chance as any other team but there are some holes which winning has kept concealed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relax and enjoy the ride. It's going to be over a lot sooner than you think.
    The regular season has been a blast and a big surprise so far. Naturally all the fun has raised false hopes of a le run. But this is not a championship caliber team, it's plain to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pussy ass thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it matches the way the spurs been playing the last few games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously fretting over every bad game is weak. Do the Spurs have the ability to win it all? Of course they do. They are not some juggernaut that will blitz through everyone but that team doesn't exist in the NBA this year. They are one of 6, maybe 7 teams that can win a le. I like their chances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree it's wide open. Except I believe the lakers are a bit ahead of everyone. They will turn it on in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the le, I like a team that can rebound & defend, and whose offense features balance and doesn't depend on the 3 ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, having "concerned" fans won't make a team less likely to win the le, any more than having confident fans will make a team more likely to win it all.

If the OP wants to get all stressed and worried, the only solution is just to wait a couple more months and see.

In the meantime, enjoy this rocket ride of a season. It's been great, and will, be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the 2010-11 Spurs the worst 50-11 team in the history of basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judging by the majority of posts here, the answer is clearly 'Yes. Yes, they are.'

I'm with MB on this, I think.

In the end, so what if they don't win? Hasn't it been a fun season? Isn't this a great ride to be on? It's not like the world ends or not based on the Spurs final outcome.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Captain Bringdown says yes apparently.

Might as well stop playing for the rest of the year since Bringdown says its plain to see they wont win it.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see why you don't come around anymore...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relax and enjoy the ride. It's going to be over a lot sooner than you think.
    The regular season has been a blast and a big surprise so far. Naturally all the fun has raised false hopes of a le run. But this is not a championship caliber team, it's plain to see.
    But let me guess, the Mavs are? With their worse offense, defense and rebounding than the Spurs.

The Spurs entered this game as the second best defensive team in the West. After it, they may very well move into first and this is with Duncan playing 28-29 mpg. So don't give me this "they don't play defense" crap. Because if they don't play defense, then neither do the Lakers or Mavs.

There is no case to be made that this is not a championship caliber team and the only reason anyone is questioning whether they are is because they're the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll either win, or they won't. And none of us can do about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But let me guess, the Mavs are? With their worse offense, defense and rebounding than the Spurs.

The Spurs entered this game as the second best defensive team in the West. After it, they may very well move into first and this is with Duncan playing 28-29 mpg. So don't give me this "they don't play defense" crap. Because if they don't play defense, then neither do the Lakers or Mavs.

There is no case to be made that this is not a championship caliber team and the only reason anyone is questioning whether they are is because they're the Spurs.
    Of course they are.. It doesn't matter if they have been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round 3 out of the last 4 years. They are real contenders because they are tall and our record is nothing but "fools gold" because we are a good 3 pt shooting team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree it's wide open. Except I believe the lakers are a bit ahead of everyone. They will turn it on in the playoffs
    I agree on this here fully! They are the best team still IMO in the West which is why I want to avoid at all costs getting the #2 seed and facing them in round two! If we squeak by them we get Dallas after that probably, not ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, so what if they don't win? Hasn't it been a fun season? Isn't this a great ride to be on? It's not like the world ends or not based on the Spurs final outcome.
    At the end of it all, this is exactly how I feel.

For the most part, I haven't ever expected the Spurs to win a le (though, obviously, as playoff runs have developed, the sense that they could or should win the le has evolved). But to the extent that expecting a le amounts to a belief that they should compete for a le, I haven't actually "expected" a le since the beginning of the 2006 playoffs. Everything since then has been a bonus to me.

I was thinking about this earlier: there are fans of some franchises who would be ecstatic for their team to make, say, consecutive appearances in the 2nd Round or to reach a (1) conference final; an (1) NBA le is largely unthinkable for those fans.

My team has won 50 games or the equivalent for 14 straight years. My team has reached at least the 2nd round in 13 of the last 16 playoff seasons (and 15 of the last 21), played in 7 conference finals in those 16 seasons, reached the NBA Finals 4 times and, obviously, won all of those. Seriously? 50 wins is an expectation? A first round loss is a disappointment? Almost half of the last seasons over the last decade and a half have resulted in runs to at least the Conference Finals? Really?

Had you told me in 1991 that the next 20 years would bring that kind of success, I would have taken it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

Are there other franchises that have more storied histories? Of course. Does that mean I don't enjoy and appreciate what my beloved, small market team has accomplished? Absolutely not.

Because of that, there really isn't much about the Spurs that concerns me any more. I'm a passionate fan; I hope they win every game and I'm hopeful that they can find a way to win another le, no matter the problems that may seem to exist. But if they don't? meh.
    Last edited by FromWayDowntown; 03-02-2011 at 10:37 PM.

"We'll do it this time" Bartleby's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simply put, a lot of Spurs fans have become spoiled, especially those who jumped on the bandwagon during the Duncan era.

Thread Information