Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Don't believe the hype... ChuckD's Avatar
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Is he an NBA player now?
    Couple of decent non-spectacular pre-season games, and people are commissioning busts for Springfield.

The answer to your snarky question is NO. He's a prospect attempting to make a roster, one of probably 100-150 league-wide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rumor of Partizan being interested in Jerrells popped up one month ago (check the Think Tank). If it happens, it would be a great opportunity for Jerrells.

And if Spurs do a trade for Wilson Chandler, I think it will be with McDyess and not with Temple+Jerrells+Gee. I would hate to see McDyess left, he is such a great guy to have on and off the court, but the financial aspect is too big to pass.
    Yeah, I don't like it. McDyess is a big time post season player and Chandler is an overrated defender. Would Chandler be able to take McDyess' minutes @ the 4 and backup RJ? Sounds like more PT for Bonner. Boo!

As far as Jerrells goes, he wasn't going to make the team anyway, but he was the only one of the "bubble" guys that played with any guts at all.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couple of decent non-spectacular pre-season games, and people are commissioning busts for Springfield.

The answer to your snarky question is NO. He's a prospect attempting to make a roster, one of probably 100-150 league-wide.
    It wasn't a snarky question, on the last few game threads it was said he's having a better than expected camp and preseason so I'm asking if he's a legit bench point or if people still feel he needs a year in Europe.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got legitimate NBA skills, but he's always been a bit of a chucker. He's gotten that under control starting in summer league and has shown his potential. That said, the Spurs' glaring lack of point guard skills as a team probably contributes to his looking better than he is. As has been mentioned many times, he's probably in compe ion with Temple for a spot, and that's a no-win situation because Temple has size and a more versatile defensive potential.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    He's got legitimate NBA skills, but he's always been a bit of a chucker. He's gotten that under control starting in summer league and has shown his potential. That said, the Spurs' glaring lack of point guard skills as a team probably contributes to his looking better than he is. As has been mentioned many times, he's probably in compe ion with Temple for a spot, and that's a no-win situation because Temple has size and a more versatile defensive potential.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that unless Temple is dribbling the ball off his leg every time down the floor in practice, cussing at the coaches and a locker room idiot, he makes the roster, even if they turf him out to Austin for a bit. Pop put his trust in him during the playoff run, and was rewarded with tough gutty play and nice shooting, all under pressure. You usually can't buy that as cheap as the Spurs got Temple for.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    It wasn't a snarky question, on the last few game threads it was said he's having a better than expected camp and preseason so I'm asking if he's a legit bench point or if people still feel he needs a year in Europe.
    Apologies. Hard to read the intent of posts sometimes, and people are going way overboard on this guy. To answer your LEGIT question, I think he needs at least one more year somewhere, either Europe or the d-league to hone his PG skills.

Thread Information