Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget we can sign and trade him next summer. This would provide Tony with the best available contract, and if he has any gra ude towards the team, it's a nice way to pay them back - everyone wins. I expect Tony to have a great year and be worth more next summer than he is this summer. Also, trade partners like the Knicks may have more assets then than now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if this season doesnt work out b4 the trade deadline and we struggling to make playoffs

thats when u trade parker and rj and just rebuild....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it really make a difference anyways?..

The Spurs window might already be shut..if it's still open, there's only 1 year left to do anything..Parker shouldn't want to play for a rebuilding team, and the Spurs shouldn't want a 30+ year old Parker on the books for 5 years or whatever he would ask for..it doesn't make much sense for either side IMO..

I realize Manu is signed on for a few more years, but that was also a move to keep fans happy..unfortunately, Parker has never had that type of relationship with the fans here, as you see on SpursTalk every day..

That doesn't mean Parker should be traded..realistically, he's the best option this team will have to win a le now, and that's obviously the main goal..there isn't a deal that would currently bring in a better player(or players), and bringing in future pieces to sacrifice this year wouldn't be beneficial, because nobody is going to trade a potential franchise piece for the future for renting Tony Parker for 1 season..it doesn't make any sense for the Spurs..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think hes as good as gone, looks almost like he is asking for it.
    I wouldn't say he's asking for it. I think he knows he's going to get traded and is now playing the "Oh yeah...well, I was thinking about leaving anyway" card.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the part about trading him early so the new people can learn the system instead of starting the learning process in the critical part of the season.
    Tony Parker in form is a MAGNIFICENT player and might just be the best player on this team. If TP is ready to go this season then you sure as do not trade him early so some scrub can start their learning process early.

The only way I'd even think about trading him now is if we're offered a player that is clearly better than him otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever to trade him before February because without TP we most likely have no shot at winning anything so what difference would it make at that point if a scrub player starts learning earlier?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him to Portland for Nic Batum!!!

With Pritchard gone I wonder how willing they would be to give up Batum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs may not be prepared to protect Tony salary-wise, in 2011-12. They may have shared this with TP.
    Sadly I believe this is correct. We signed an aged Manu, but we won't give the max to a 28 allstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker in form is a MAGNIFICENT player and might just be the best player on this team. If TP is ready to go this season then you sure as do not trade him early so some scrub can start their learning process early.

The only way I'd even think about trading him now is if we're offered a player that is clearly better than him otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever to trade him before February because without TP we most likely have no shot at winning anything so what difference would it make at that point if a scrub player starts learning earlier?
    George Hill is far from being a scrub. Temple also showed nothing but good signs last year, and if that fails there are options in FA for a back-up point.

Sadly I believe this is correct. We signed an aged Manu, but we won't give the max to a 28 allstar.
    For 3 years which goes hand in hand with how much Duncan has left in the tank. On the other hand Parker's best chance at a big, long-term payday will be after next season..he isnt taking 3 years, he'll want 6 or 7. How much sense does it make for the Spurs to have a 31-32 yr old Parker as their best player making max or near max money after Duncan and Manu retire? How much sense does it make for Parker to spend his last years on a Spurs team that will be rebuilding? Not much sense for either of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , next year would be ten years? God damn! Where does the ing time go!?!?

But it seems like he is ready to bail next year. Better trade his ass by the deadline then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Max extension for Manu was 3yrs/40M, max extension for Tony would be 5yrs/90M. Not really comparable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh man, if we could pry away Batum, aka Pippen 2.0, I would be elated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, if we could pry away Batum, aka Pippen 2.0, I would be elated.
    if the spurs are interested going young, might as well trade for the blazers young players

rudy, batum...maybe patrick mills for backup pg duties?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just get it over with and trade parker and mcdyess for lee and gallinari. parker can get his max extension and play with joe johnson while the spurs dump salary, strengthen the front court, and add gallinari. gallinari can chuck all the 3's he wants on the spurs.

sign splitter, then trade blair for a decent point guard and sign an insurance big. done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, dub tee tony lol. You know he's always telling the truth in interview too, so . A trade is a goddamn must if this is true, no way the spurs get close to equal value in FA 2011

Makes you say hmmm... YoMamaIsCallin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to read 5 pages of Spurs fans peeing their pants. Here's my breakdown:

All he has said is that he's staying in San Antonio for the last year of his contract, because the Spurs turned down offers from Portland and New York, and that he will be a free agent when he's done. This is all true and it's not under his control. (BTW he still could get traded, and that's not under his control either.)

The rest of it is him basically saying that he wants to do better this season, that he's preparing himself, and saying that he will have completed 10 seasons in SA and would be OK with the challenge of going somewhere else.

Look, this is standard positioning for players in their final year. What is he supposed to say: "I will be a free agent technically, but actually I want to stay here so much I'll sign any deal they put in front of me." ??

That would not be really good for negotiating. You want to strike a balance between that and the other extreme: "I hate this team and I will definitely be going elsewhere, so don't bother giving me an offer". That is exactly what Tony is doing -- saying the right thing.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have always said that Parker will not be traded as long as Pop is with the team .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good proposal. So long as the Blazers would be willing to throw in some more sweeteners (possibly a future #1 pick and a player).

I can't see the Spurs pulling the trigger on TP now, but perhaps this is something to think about as we get closer to either the trade deadline or next offseason, before Parker's contract expires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be sad if Tony stayed, did not agree on an appropriate extension, and then placed the Spurs next year in the awkward situation Cleveland is in, where they might get nothing for Lebron if he walks away.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill isn't ready to take over. I'm not afraid to trade Parker but this season is the final, final window and Hill isn't ready. Hill, if he has a good trade value, makes more sense to trade. However, his salary isn't very high so I'm not sure what player we could get back. I imagine they would try to package him with RJ, and that's when it probably falls apart very quickly. In other words...no one is leaving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o dang to portland i would of done it

parker for fernandez,batum and bayless yah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The focus is clear and unambiguous. Malgré les rumeurs toujours plus nombreuses sur son départ, Tony Parker ne partira pas de San Antonio cet été. Despite the ever-increasing rumors about his departure, Tony Parker will not go to San Antonio this summer. « J'ai parlé avec Pop (Grepp Popovich, l'entraîneur des Spurs), il m'a dit que je n'irai nulle part , précise le Français ce mardi dans L'Equipe . New York et Portland étaient les deux plus sérieuses pistes, c'est vrai, mais San Antonio a dit non. "I talked with Pop (Popovich Greppi, Spurs coach), he told me that I'm not going anywhere, says the French L'Equipe on Tuesday. New York and Portland were the two most serious tracks, it's true, but San Antonio has said no. Et puis j'adore le club. And I love the club. J'ai envie de rester pour faire la dernière année de contrat et ensuite être free agent .» I want to stay for the last year of contract and then be a free agent. "

De passage en France ces jours-ci avant de s'envoler pour Venise et des vacances bien méritées, Parker revient également sur sa saison gâchée par les blessures : « C'est clair c'était une saison moyenne. While in France these days before flying to Venice and well-deserved vacation, Parker also returned to his season marred by injuries: "Clearly it was an average season. A chaque fois que je revenais de blessure, il me tombait quelque chose dessus ». Every time I came back from injury, I fell over something. " Du coup, le meneur des Spurs s'est adjoint les services d'un préparateur physique qui va s'occuper de lui cet été : « C'est bien si je coupe tout un été et que je fais une vraie préparation, que je travaille sur mon corps. Suddenly, the Spurs' point guard has hired a personal trainer who will take care of him this summer: "It is good if I cut a whole summer and I am a real preparation, I work on my body. A partir du 10 juillet, j'aurai un préparateur physique. As of July 10, I have a physical trainer. Je n'avais jamais fait ça en NB A. Après une saison moyenne, je veux montrer à tout le monde que c'était un accident ». I never did that in A. Note After an average season, I want to show everyone that it was an accident. "

Parker is already planning the next season, and here he does not hide his intentions to leave: "It will be ten years from the end of next year I played in San Antonio. It's a nice loop and a great challenge for me to go elsewhere. If I go I can make another career, eight or nine years in another club. "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude that was already posted in this thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul notwithstanding, the wild card in the point-guard market remains Tony Parker. One source said the Spurs are “ bent on moving him,” but that will take time to play out. The Knicks are the most likely destination for Parker, but they need to address their top priority – LeBron – before they go down that road. CBSSports.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So after Jefferson opted out, anyone thinks the dynamics of trading Parker have changed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So after Jefferson opted out, anyone thinks the dynamics of trading Parker have changed?
    I think more likely to stay, since they aren't in luxury tax territory now.

Thread Information