Post Count
    remember manu even went to denver for a visist
    and duncan went to florida for a visist
    Mr Robinson had to convince Duncan he had to stay in SA

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told yall no matter what he wont be here next year... he already said it, i told yall hill is the future... and yall people started complaining and saying keep him cause he will never leave.... oh well what do yall have to say now?
    Your prediction is no more correct than those of people that say he will never leave. He hasn't gone anywhere yet, so maybe starting threads about how ing smart you are should wait until something actually happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told yall no matter what he wont be here next year... he already said it, i told yall hill is the future... and yall people started complaining and saying keep him cause he will never leave.... oh well what do yall have to say now?
    Stfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the negotiation window Spurs and Parker have?

I think, if they can, the Spurs will take the same approach they had with Manu. Wait and see if TP is back to the 2009 level, if he is I see them get an extension done by march
    From now until June 30, 2011. On July 1, 2011 he becomes an unrestricted FA unless he signs an extension before that date.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bruno. Everything makes perfect sense in context.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article doesn't bother me. If quoted correctly, TP is just being honest...he usually is quite frank. Since it is a "contract year", Tony is naturally going to do everything he can to prove his worth through his play on the court. Thus, for the first time, he hires a trainer. Unless he gets injured, we should be assured of another top-shelf, if not inspired, season from him.

The Spurs may not be prepared to protect Tony salary-wise, in 2011-12. They may have shared this with TP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could be CIA Tony... or CIA Pop... or CIA French Website... or it might mean nothing at all.

Spurs Fan DOB-RIP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naw I think he'll be traded later on this summer or before the all star break but its depends if the Spurs are in winning form, the ability of the kid Anderson to keep Manu fresh, and Parkers season, if he's balling the Spurs well probably keep him. If Anderson is good, well Parker will most likely go. Anyways, the thought of Parker being traded is in the air I think he's growing on the idea of playing somewhere else and so am I, where ever he goes ill root for him but I think the Parker era is coming to an end weather he leaves or is traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is pretty clear that he wants to be a FA and not sign an extension with the Spurs. If the Spurs think he will leave, then they might as well try to trade him while they have all the control, especially if they decide by the trade deadline that the team is not set to win it all this season.

Also goes to show that all the NY talk was real- for all those in denial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is pretty clear that he wants to be a FA and not sign an extension with the Spurs. If the Spurs think he will leave, then they might as well try to trade him while they have all the control, especially if they decide by the trade deadline that the team is not set to win it all this season.

It's really anything but clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the media starts reporting that Pop said Tony will not be traded, it is time to look for him to be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really anything but clear.
    I want to stay for the last year of my contract to play with Tim and Manu. After that, I will be a FA and re-evaluate the situation.

Pretty clear to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No one denied the NY talk was not real. What we said was they had no chance in to get TP. We were right. The package they had was not even close, whatever it was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to stay for the last year of my contract to play with Tim and Manu. After that, I will be a FA and re-evaluate the situation.

Pretty clear to me.
    I read that, too. In previous interviews conducted since the end of the season, Tony spoke of opening negotiations on an extension first in October and then in July. Now he says he will go into into free agency without trying for an extension. So which answer should we go to the bank with?

The situation between Tony and the Spurs is far from resolved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man yall need to get off of parkers nuts already, the dude is done on sa it was a good ride but its over, and yall know this.... trade him already so the new people we get can learn the system early instead of halfway through the season...
    I agree with the part about trading him early so the new people can learn the system instead of starting the learning process in the critical part of the season.
    From that interview, I think Tony would rather be a free agent at the end of the season, with all options to join whatever contender he sees fit, than to sign a less-than-max extension and risk being left as the only member of the Big Three in the near future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all part of the negotiation process, spurs want to see what they have with Splitter and the young guns before opening a contract extension for TP, TP on his side is putting pressure on the organization saying he is ready to see what he can get from the FA market.

At the end I hope they will agree by March-April to a 4-5 years extension for 70 - 80 M, it will mean that spurs and TP have good hopes with the future roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he doesn't sign and extension then he will be the number 1 on the free agent hit list. I think that year the Spurs have 3 players under contract for almost 40 million (Timmy, Manu, Dice) thats without Parker/Splitter/Hills/Blairs options.

I just don't see with the new CBA salary rules that we will be able to sign him and stay under the dreaded tax threshold.

One question is wouldn't you want to sign and extension before the new CBA rules take place. It's almost guarnteed the salary cap is comming way down I know Durant is pretty clear he wants and extension done so why not Tony?
    Last edited by BackHome; 06-29-2010 at 06:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is pretty clear that he wants to be a FA and not sign an extension with the Spurs.
    Oh don't worry. Tony saying that he doesn't want to negotiate is just the start of the negotiating process.

[/TonyParkerHomer]

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh...I am not too worried either way. But if those are really his intentions, I would not expect him here for the whole year....If he is not traded than I would expect the Spurs to push to get him resigned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From now until June 30, 2011. On July 1, 2011 he becomes an unrestricted FA unless he signs an extension before that date.
    Thanks Mel. If TP plays well I think the Spurs will offer a fair extension like they did with Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually dont mind Parker not getting extended. I mean why would you want to extend Parker for 5-6 yrs? He isnt a franchise player and extending/re-signing him would require the Spurs to pay him franchise player-type money. Once TD and Manu retire, will we really be anything more than a fringe playoff team with Tony as our best player? Let's be realistic, PG-led teams normally arent that strong. Look at the Jazz or Hornets, solid teams but never real contenders.

This Parker-Spurs partnership has one more year left max, anything past that would not benefit either the team or Tony. Personally, like Ive been saying for a while now I'd trade Tony before that one year is up. I'd see if the Lakers had any interest in a Bynum/Parker swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Mel. If TP plays well I think the Spurs will offer a fair extension like they did with Manu
    It's certainly possible.

FWIW, I think Tony gave the answer he did about extension/free agency for a very simple reason. He is aware that the Spurs will be in no rush to make a deal and he doesn't want to answer the same questions over and over again as Manu did last season. This way he has taken a public position that an extension is off the table and his agent and R.C. can have discussions without it playing out in the media.

It seems silly to regard this as Tony's final word on the subject.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mind games again...

Thread Information