San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "And i love the spurs, i want to stay 1 year and become a free agent. "
    I'm tired of being right all the time.

In Manu we STILL trust! rayray2k8's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, he's trying to prove that he's a max player, which he isn't but I'm sure there's a few teams that are dumb enough to pay him that.
    Example? Joe Johnson is NOT worth the Max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, now I'm surprised.

It seems pretty clear that he won't be a spur next year...
    Two possibilities here, either that despite his big ego he knows that he ain't no franchise player and that TD's career is coming to an end or that it had been said to him that he won't get a max deal from the spurs.
    Anyway if he made up his mind, you sure as look to move him RIGHT NOW to get some value in return. We can't afford to loose him to free agency without getting something back.
    This

In addition if he's going to be free agent he could play only for him next year.He could play only to make numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny how spurs can try to get kidd
    try to trade him
    then fans think he should be thrilled with the spurs
    he said he learned along ago this is business

he wants a good contract will spurs do that when manu,duncan and maybe pop is not here for all of it?

tp wants a chance to win to

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him, get value before he walks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm french and maybe my countrymen won't agree but I read it this way : Pop and I talked, they tried to shop me but wouldn't get enough and dismissed the offers because they think we have one last chance to win a chip. I won't get a max extension because we ain't contender without TD at full force so I better seek money and le chances elsewhere.
    Agree.

The only thing that changed for me after reading Bruno's translation is the context in which he said it: brutal honesty, not butthurt.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I leave i can have another career, 8 or 9 years in another franchise
    Unless this is bad translation, Spurs better be doing everything they can to shop him.

If it's not, he just hosed the Spurs even more, lessening his trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Hill for starter...... Trade Parker for Oden... Parker isn't the same humble kid anymore. He's causing incidents with fans at airports, he's demanding to either be a starter or be traded, now he's blatantly making it known that he's getting in the best shape of his career now in order to prepare to leave the spurs to start the 2nd half of his career elsewhere after this season..... Wtf?!!
    Trade his ass now.... He's become too much like his wife -high maintenance
    If you want to trade Parker fine. But you're a frickin' idiot if you're pining for Oden. How many games has he played in the NBA again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it's a crucial summer in your career. There is still one year left in your contract. Do you want to negotiate an extension with Spurs very fast?
    No, I don't. I rather wait to see where the big FAs will go this summer. I'm not in a hurry. I also really love SA and I want to stay for the last year of my contract to play with Tim and Manu. After that, I will be a FA and re-evaluate the situation.

And then maybe leaving Spurs?
    I will have been a Spur for 10 years. It could be the end of a great cycle and it could be a great challenge for me to go elsewhere. If I leave SA, I can have a second career with 8 or 9 years with another team.
    Not saying anyone should panic, but if you read between the lines he's gone next year on his own volition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he made these statements as a way of saying "F you."

The guy always played hard, always performed and offensively carried this team through multiple playoff runs...yet he's always at the center of trade talk and fans are never happy with what he brings.

"If im not good enough, then I'll go elsewhere."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That being said, i hope it was just an emotional response. I hope he privately shared his intentions to stay in SA. If not, he's gonna be in the middle of hot trade talks near the deadline...and he should be. If he's set on leaving then the spurs need something in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him, get value before he walks.
    if we dont trade his ass after he just told them he's leaving them we will see how smart our FO really is!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he made these statements as a way of saying "F you."

The guy always played hard, always performed and offensively carried this team through multiple playoff runs...yet he's always at the center of trade talk and fans are never happy with what he brings.

"If im not good enough, then I'll go elsewhere."
    If you're not named Tim Duncan then you're expendable and its not like Manu wasn't in a similar position earlier in the season.

And whether you're Manu or Tony, as a selfish Spurs fan it makes me mad that they regularly play for their national teams while on NBA contracts especially since they're both injury prone, sacrifice their bodies on the court, and have a lot of miles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really interested to know what the Portland deal was?

Im thinking it was Miller, Pryzbilla and Fernandez for Parker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all tp said is he will look at the options
    when he is a fa he does not know up longer pop and duncan will be here and even manu

without them how good will the spurs be with just him

will splitter be a major player in the nba?
    if he is splitter,hill and tp would make noise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when he is a fa he does not know up longer pop and duncan will be here and even manu

Who cares? I'm sick of this already. Lebron has ruined it for everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm... from the translation it sounds like he's going to bust his ass this year so he can be a highly coveted free agent next year and leave. But again it might be a bad translation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're not named Tim Duncan then you're expendable and its not like Manu wasn't in a similar position earlier in the season.

And whether you're Manu or Tony, as a selfish Spurs fan it makes me mad that they regularly play for their national teams while on NBA contracts especially since they're both injury prone, sacrifice their bodies on the court, and have a lot of miles.
    Tony is in the prime of his career.. Manu most certainly is not. The wheeling and dealing talks with Tony Parker started very early in his career, and only stop when the Spurs win a le.

The Spurs are one or two seasons away from needing a complete rebuilding. Im still torn as to whether or not it's in the Spurs best interest to try to include Tony in their future.

PG's can play well in to their 30's, but tony's game is predicated on his speed and quickness. With his past injuries, i don't think he can sustain high level speed/quickness into his 30's. Rebuilding, or not, a team needs leadership and Tony has shown he has that quality. My heart wants to see Tony retire with the Spurs, but any team with salary cap space or big spending ability will most certainly offer him more than the Spurs can...both in dollars and in short term success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smartest post in this thread. Parker ain't no fool and knows a majority of his next contract won't include Tim, Manu or Pop. It will suck for us because we'd be rebuilding but TP is a champion and he ain't gonna wanna do any babysitting on the backside of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is looking for a new contract so he will bust his ass anyway, regardless of which franchise this contract may come from (assuming there won't be an extension right away, that is).
    He is also going to bust his ass anyway because that's the kind of player and person he is.

And I don't see why people would want to trade him right now when he is coming off an injury-plagued season and his value is definitely not as high as it could (and normally should) be.
    Also, if he were traded, there would have to be a starter material PG involved to come to the Spurs. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see George Hill running this team as the starting PG - not for now, at least, if ever.

I don't see this whole thing as a big deal. Spurs are looking to shop the best asset they have, and Tony is looking for a good contract and a good situation to play in. Welcome to the NBA, folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we or anyone is beating the Lakers next year. It was obvious after watching the finals that it was rigged to go 7 and for the home team (Lakers) to win. 20 free points in the 4th quarter says that much.

So with the "NBA is Rigged!" thing in mind I say the Spurs should let him play after a fresh summer of rest and then shop him at his near-peak value before the midseason trade deadline. Tim will be pissed though, and that sucks. Maybe we can get Rudy Fernandez and Aldridge or something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guys, Spurs aren't going to be contenders after next season. Duncan will be too old by that point. Parker knows this and is going elsewhere, and u can't blame him.

in fact, i think it's what is best for both sides. Parker leaves and this team is basically in rebuild mode. they're not hovering around mediocrity, being a marginal playoff because they probably won't make the playoffs that year. 11-12 season we will probably have a lotto pick. 12-13, when Duncan is gone and Manu is a shadow of his former self, we will be in FULL rebuild mode and primed for a top 3 draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Splitter signs, I'd say the chance of a Parker trade this summer approaches zero. They'll take their best shot at fielding a contender and a contract-year Parker would be part of that.

They would then re-examine their options at the trade deadline based upon the realities that present themselves over the course of the first half of the season. If the season's prospects still look promising, then they stand fast and go for the best possible result. In that scenario, they simply let Parker play out his contract and wait for the new CBA to be signed.
    Missed this earlier - solid post.

The Spurs rarely look like contenders at the deadline, so this will be an interesting season. , the real offseason hasn't even started yet.

Thread Information