Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Ok, so I was just able to finish watching "Grass" The content is a little old but necessary in order to give you the background needed to understand the time line. Basically it centers on the criminalization of the drug. It also exposes in minimal detail how the US government has tried to categorize Marijuana as this super duper narcotic. It goes through the different presidential terms and discusses the perspective from users and law enforcement. The only President that actually had the balls to push decriminalization for up to 1 ounce was Jimmy Carter. But because a couple of his dumb ass aides were caught doing harder drugs it was viewed as a weakness in the administration on drugs and the war on drugs.

It will give you totals for each era spent on the war on marijuana. That number reached a mind blowing 214 billion between 90 and 98. Yet almost everyone I know smokes or has smoked a joint in their life time. I'm talking even fellow police officers, armed forces, legal aides, IT industry, medical and even a teacher and so on.

Rob
    You need to watch

Beer Wars has been one of my favorites on netflix.... and I'll have you know that Dogfish Head makes my favorite beer... which I had last night..

delicious.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No , Numb. They're on it! Blockbuster, who? I'm ready for their clearance sales. Bring it on!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Damn, just finished seaason 2 of Dexter and season 3 is on DVD only. I'll have to watch City of God then get season 3.
    City of God is top notch. Wont be disappointed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You need to watch

Beer Wars has been one of my favorites on netflix.... and I'll have you know that Dogfish Head makes my favorite beer... which I had last night..

delicious.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm really enjoying these do entaries. I hardly watch tv anymore and most of my time in the day is spent on my PC. So to be able to watch something informative and entertaining is right on my PC is awesome.

Beer Wars was very good. I learned a lot and it got me thinking critically. I've already recommended it to a couple of friends that are strictly heads and even they enjoyed the topic. Here's one that is pure comedic gold and also has some informative content regarding California's prop 215. Most people in Cali already know this but I learned from it. "Super High ME" check it out!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/RGONZA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Rob

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Finally watched City of God last night. It was alright.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    load of movies/tv shows went up oct 1.

Battlestar Galactica

Married with Children

Parks and Recreation

Psych

Damages

SNL (Episodes up the next day)

Friday Night Lights season 4

The Office S6

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Thanks for letting us know, I actually don't have my netflix right now but I will once I get my paycheck :P

silverblk mystix
    The Secret in their Eyes

Foreign movie (Argentina) that I had on my Netflix waiting list for months---well worth the wait.

If you like great writing,suspense, mystery-you will enjoy it.

One of the best flix of this year for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Yeah - I've been watching Battlestar Galactica lately. Just got through S1.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I watched "The Specials" the other night. It stars Thomas Hayden Church and Rob Lowe as the leaders of a fourth-rate group of superheroes. The second half was a bit slow, but the first half made it worth the watch.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    where's the adult swim
    they have all of the old school nickelodeon cartoons and boy those cartoons did not hold up well at all

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I started Arrested Development last week. Ye gods, it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Why didn't anybody tell me about this earlier?

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I started Arrested Development last week. Ye gods, it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen! Why didn't anybody tell me about this earlier?
    If you haven't heard about AD by now, I don't even.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you haven't heard about AD by now, I don't even.
    Of course I'd heard of it, but nobody told me to watch it. I must know too many stupid people.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/14/n...-and-5-1-surr/

FYI... (PS3 starts disc-free, goes to 1080i and 5.1)...

Anyone have a roku box or anything? What's the cheapest way to stream netflix wirelessly to TV? I was thinking of a roku box or something for my new family room... I'm not going to have any of the game systems in there anymore. I found a blu-ray home theater-in-a-box type deal that I think I'm buying for the room but it is one of the "buy the wireless add-on for netflix" types, doesn't have wifi built in, and I hear the add-on those suck (plus run $100 and up). Anyone familiar with the other options?

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I keep forgetting to post the films I've seen, but now that I saw the thread, here are 2 I've seen this week:

The Kite Runner is a beautiful film, lots of heavy drama (starts off in Afghanistan right before the Soviet invasion and ends up with the Taliban), and lots of tears. Very touching.

I know Luke Wilson is widely despised around here, but I don't mind him and this movie was a pleasant surprise. Being a "romantic comedy" I was dreading that it would be one of those horrible Heigl/Aniston type cringe fests, but thankfully it was not. It is funny, but in true indie form it has some thoughtful underlying themes that make a poignant impression.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Finally watched Iron Man. Not bad.

Rugged like Rwanda SpursNextRomanEmpire's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    sweet, No Reservations is streaming

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    sweet, No Reservations is streaming
    uh, wtf? Please tell me you have a vag.

silverblk mystix
    I keep forgetting to post the films I've seen, but now that I saw the thread, here are 2 I've seen this week:

The Kite Runner is a beautiful film, lots of heavy drama (starts off in Afghanistan right before the Soviet invasion and ends up with the Taliban), and lots of tears. Very touching.

I know Luke Wilson is widely despised around here, but I don't mind him and this movie was a pleasant surprise. Being a "romantic comedy" I was dreading that it would be one of those horrible Heigl/Aniston type cringe fests, but thankfully it was not. It is funny, but in true indie form it has some thoughtful underlying themes that make a poignant impression.

+1 on the Kite Runner;

I thought it was a great movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Anyone have a roku box or anything? What's the cheapest way to stream netflix wirelessly to TV? I was thinking of a roku box or something for my new family room... I'm not going to have any of the game systems in there anymore. I found a blu-ray home theater-in-a-box type deal that I think I'm buying for the room but it is one of the "buy the wireless add-on for netflix" types, doesn't have wifi built in, and I hear the add-on those suck (plus run $100 and up). Anyone familiar with the other options?
    The Roku box is your best bet. $99 for the basic.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Roku box is your best bet. $99 for the basic.
    I think it's even $59 now for the lowest (@ 720p)... $79 gets you up to 1080i I believe... it seems to be the cheapest way to go - I just don't have much knowledge/experience about it and I know there are TONS of similar products but none seem to be cheaper.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins

awesome posssum

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974) aka 'The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue'

One of the best zombie movies.

Lucio Fulci's The New York Ripper (1982)

If you're a Fulci fan def. check this out. (I know someone in here mentioned that they liked Fulci)

Thread Information