Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tp could become one of the greatest of all time by the end of his contract, get a max deal from the spurs and gracefully phase into the tony-parker era without ever skipping a championship contending beat. Anything could happen. Losing tony parker is just as sad a thought as the spurs rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Bruno

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tp could become one of the greatest of all time by the end of his contract, get a max deal from the spurs and gracefully phase into the tony-parker era without ever skipping a championship contending beat. Anything could happen. Losing tony parker is just as sad a thought as the spurs rebuilding.
    I still think they are contenders after 2012:

Tony Parker
    George Hill (transitions into a starting 2-guard)
    Richard Jefferson
    Dejuan Blair
    Tiago Splitter

Tim Duncan (6th man role - 1st year of 2-year twilight extension)
    Malik Hairston
    Manu Ginobili (2nd year of 3 year extension)
    Nando de Colo (back-up PG)
    x
    x
    x
    x

Add another draft gem and one free agent signing and the team is set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think they are contenders after 2012:

Tony Parker
    George Hill (transitions into a starting 2-guard)
    Richard Jefferson
    Dejuan Blair
    Tiago Splitter

Tim Duncan (6th man role - 1st year of 2-year twilight extension)
    Malik Hairston
    Manu Ginobili (2nd year of 3 year extension)
    Nando de Colo (back-up PG)
    x
    x
    x
    x

Add another draft gem and one free agent signing and the team is set.
    free agent. spurs are definitely in for a draft drought. i mean eventually, right?

It is what it is. Mark in Austin's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's demands are no different than Duncan's were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, TP is spoiled. He's tasted the good life. He has 3 rings. He wants it all. If Spurs don't have a team that contends in 2 years, we can all say chow to TP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP being TP

ehhh it was ok NostalgicSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this depends on how high his standards are. If he thinks that just by pop and duncan leaving they have to "rebuild" then were probably screwed anyway. Both of them seem unsure about the future beyond next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's demands are no different than Duncan's were.
    yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Duncan almost leaving:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...an-notes_N.htm

2) Quitting: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/quit

How can Pop be considered a quitter when he hasn't left his job yet?

Also, Pop not being enthusiastic about coaching beyond 2012 is miles apart from Pat Riley leaving his Miami coaching job while the team was sucking.

If Pop's a quitter by your definition, Riley is 10x so.

Who's the re again here?

listen lady!, did you ever think that maybe they just wanted to hype things up a bit, even if so there was a promise he made, he never did state he was going to sign with orlando regardless of what your trying to point out!!! what ever your using please stop, those chemicals have a way of getting into the brain, also i would strongly suggest taking midol before you post here! and by the way is there someone comparing pop to pat riley? because im not!! if your best player leaves and the coach follows the same day thats pretty ty, but i guess no one can have an opinion but you.
    Last edited by lennyalderette; 10-28-2009 at 01:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    listen lady!, did you ever think that maybe they just wanted to hype things up a bit, even if so there was a promise he made, he never did state he was going to sign with orlando regardless of what your trying to point out!!! what ever your using please stop, those chemicals have a way of getting into the brain, also i would strongly suggest taking midol before you post here! and by the way is there someone comparing pop to pat riley? because im not!! if your best player leaves and the coach follows the same day thats pretty ty, but i guess no one can have an opinion but you.
    wow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"It was probably a lot closer decision than people even think," Duncan says. "David was here, and that was great. But even beyond that, the staff, the coaches, guys I was comfortable with, guys I enjoyed being around is probably what swayed it in the end."
    So not only are you an uninformed moron, you evidently can't read either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to read TP's interviews... always very sincere. Guy says what he thinks and I for one love it without the sugarcoating!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm the first to say that TP's honesty is good to hear in interview.
    but i don't see the point of saying that he could leave after Tim and Pop.

I don't blame him for thinking that, not at all, but i don't find it very clever to say it, as if TP, as usual, ignore that french interviews will be known by SA fans very quickly.

anyway, i think that if/when Tim and Pop leave, it will all depend of what the Spurs will do with the 20 M that Tim makes and who could replace Pop. Nothing says that the team won't be compe ive and so that Tony won't stay.
    Nothing says either that the Spurs in rebuilding mode would be interested in a "16 M+ per year" TP.

the main thing that annoys me in this interview, and i've seen that a lot of times from TP, and in a lessen way even from others SA players, is the lack of recognition for Bruce.

It seems that Bruce was a liability for SA at his position. Not only he wasn't one, but he was one of the main forces of this team, with his own style, which means defense, pugnacity and a lot of 3's and clutch ones. TP like the show and the player who make it, but he should know better what Bruce brought to this team for years. Without him, TP could very well be ringless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't blame him for thinking that, not at all, but i don't find it very clever to say it, as if TP, as usual, ignore that french interviews will be known by SA fans very quickly.

anyway, i think that if/when Tim and Pop leave, it will all depend of what the Spurs will do with the 20 M that Tim makes and who could replace Pop. Nothing says that the team won't be compe ive and so that Tony won't stay.
    Nothing says either that the Spurs in rebuilding mode would be interested in a "16 M+ per year" TP.

the main thing that annoys me in this interview, and i've seen that a lot of times from TP, and in a lessen way even from others SA players, is the lack of recognition for Bruce.

It seems that Bruce was a liability for SA at his position. Not only he wasn't one, but he was one of the main forces of this team, with his own style, which means defense, pugnacity and a lot of 3's and clutch ones. TP like the show and the player who make it, but he should know better what Bruce brought to this team for years. Without him, TP could very well be ringless.
    I agree Kace. They really are not giving Bruce much respect. As you said it's like they are saying he was a liability out there. Not cool at all. I actually thought Bruce was very good out there last season when he got court time especially in the playoffs. Bruce's defense was still pretty decent if you ask me. If was not his problem that all the players bought in for offense sucked at both offense and defense.

I really thought Bruce could play again this season as a defensive role player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Liability or not, I think the teammates who played with him for YEARS and worked with him every day have a better understanding of his value and what he brought than us when we see the final results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liability or not, I think the teammates who played with him for YEARS and worked with him every day have a better understanding of his value and what he brought than us when we see the final results.
    you're welcome to give your opinion, agree or not.
    but if you post in a sport forum to say that we can't even discuss what the players/staff say, you're probably in the wrong place.

Offensive talent is much rare that defensive one. and that probably made Bruce more replaceable than Tim, tony or manu. still, he was the best at what he did and was part of the core.

i even think that Bruce was more useful than tony and manu in many of our PO wins.

The lack of offensive options, the other teams being loaded with it, and Bruce's age made him less essential for the team, but didn't change what he meant for us the previous years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensive talent is much rare that defensive one.
    This is where I stopped reading...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hate for TP to leave, but Spurs do need to stay compe ive, so we'll see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where I stopped reading...
    i meant more expensive indeed. much rare at the same price if you want.

not very well said, my bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i meant more expensive indeed. much rare at the same price if you want.

not very well said, my bad.
    No problem.

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the next two seasons are the last charge of the Spurs as we've known them for years.

I appreciate Parker's honesty in his interview and that's a reasonable expectation for him to have. Hopefully the Spurs can remain contenders after next year but I'm thinking they have to have a several year drought sooner or later. 20 yrs of great basketball almost all in a row has to end sometime.

That said I'm going to be honest too. If Parker leaves the Spurs I will sincerely hope the he loses no matter where he goes. I will never want to see him win anything again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd like to see him become the greatest pg of all time

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Parker can run this years team to its full offensive potential, then although im not a fan of his I would pay him the money he wants and look at whats available for trades or Tim's money at the PF/C position so he would be happy.

Thread Information