My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so glad I started this thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJuan, and only Dejuan gets to use his toilet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJuan Blair makes white people wanna change their skin color...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NoOptionB is straight killin' it with the photoshop.

Growing up a wrastlin' fan, -- yeah, I spelled that right -- this has to be my favorite thus far.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EDIT: Hope people respond to the serious part of my post.

part of being a coach is knowing how to treat different personalities.

interstingly enough, he is somewhat dismissive of blair's early success. it may be that he recognizes blair has talent and drive enough to where he does not need to be coddled but, on the contrary, brought down to earth on a regular basis.
    Maybe so, but from my ignorant perspective ( , that is what all of us are viewing this from, unless there are telepaths on ST, or people close to Blair), I really don't like Pop making fun of Blair, especially the joke he made about Blair getting one D board, as well as seriously saying he doesn't know where Blair will fit and all that. Maybe that approach works best for Blair and Pop is a genius, but I don't like it. At least give the man his props. But then again, with every Spur, sports writer, and ST poster slobbering all over Blair, maybe Pop is has the right idea here.

As long as Blair is at worst the 3rd/4th big come the POs, I am gravy. If in June and July Tim is getting 35-40 minutes, Blair is getting 15-25 minutes, and Ian/Dice/Theo (in that order) are all splitting up the 40 minutes left, that would be my ideal 4/5 rotation.

Concerning the "Blair as a starter" thread, I would only want him to start as a PF, so he could only start when TD rests. And he could only really start with a shot blocking big most nights, like Ian or Theo. But for the shorter teams, he could start with Dice. Or if he proves able to use his weight and low center of gravity to keep much bigger players (Oden/Bynum/Shaq) away from their preferred spots,then he could start with anyone. He sure as can use his power and elasticity on O, I hope he can translate it to D. He has Timmy, Dice, and Theo to teach him in practice, and players have said he is open to tips, so there is hope yet.
    And I second the white people wanna be black pic is lame. I still like being anglo/latino.
    :rofl

And these are my favorite pics/jokes.
    DeJuan Blair sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled rebounding ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, DeJuan ripped the devil's arm off and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.
    Rosa Parks refused to leave her seat because she was saving it for dejuan blair.
    DeJuan Blair plays racquetball with a waffle iron and a bowling ball.
    The 1972 Miami Dolphins lost one game, it was an exhibition game vs. DeJuan Blair and three seven year old girls. DeJuan Blair won by ripping off Bob Griese's arm in overtime.
    DeJuan Blair is not Politically Correct. He is just Correct. Always.
    DeJuan Blair's favorite cereal is Kellogg's Nails 'N' Gravel.
    DeJuan Blair did not "lose" his virginity, he stalked it and then destroyed it with extreme prejudice.
    Everything King Midas touched turned to gold. Everyhing DeJuan Blair touches turns up armless.
    DeJuan Blair CAN in fact 'raise the roof'. And he can do it with one hand.
    Chris Paul is allowed to live because DeJuan Blair doesn't kill women.
    DeJuan Blair was once a knight in King Arthur's court. He was known as Sir Ripalot of Arms.
    DeJuan Blair doesnt go at the speed of light, he goes at the speed of Blair.
    DeJuan Blair's sweat has burned holes in concrete.
    Earth's emergency defence plan in case of alien invasion is DeJuan Blair.
    DeJuan Blair let the dogs out...then he ripped off their arms.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When DeJuan Blair played golf for money, he marked down a hole in 0 every time, a pro at the golf club, said to him: "excuse me sir, but you cant score zero on a hole". DeJuan turned towards the man and said, im DeJuan Blair, the man then proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting his arm ripped off by DeJuan Blair, DeJuan Blair ripped his arm off anyways.
    God offered DeJuan Blair the gift to fly, which he swiftly declined for super strength rebounding ability.
    DeJuan Blair has never blinked in his entire life. Never.
    DeJuan Blair isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s .
    When you open a can of whoop-ass, DeJuan Blair jumps out.
    Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for DeJuan Blair to die before they attack.
    Blair Hogan BIATCH!!!

You tellin' me five-on-one is difficult? Pfffft, please.
    I'm going to show this to Jalberto, see if he'll make it a poster!!!
    Last edited by Manufan909; 10-14-2009 at 02:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EDIT: Hope people respond to the serious part of my post.

Maybe so, but from my ignorant perspective ( , that is what all of us are viewing this from, unless there are telepaths on ST, or people close to Blair), I really don't like Pop making fun of Blair, especially the joke he made about Blair getting one D board, as well as seriously saying he doesn't know where Blair will fit and all that. Maybe that approach works best for Blair and Pop is a genius, but I don't like it. At least give the man his props. But then again, with every Spur, sports writer, and ST poster slobbering all over Blair, maybe Pop is has the right idea here.

As long as Blair is at worst the 3rd/4th big come the POs, I am gravy. If in June and July Tim is getting 35-40 minutes, Blair is getting 15-25 minutes, and Ian/Dice/Theo (in that order) are all splitting up the 40 minutes left, that would be my ideal 4/5 rotation.

Concerning the "Blair as a starter" thread, I would only want him to start as a PF, so he could only start when TD rests. And he could only really start with a shot blocking big most nights, like Ian or Theo. But for the shorter teams, he could start with Dice. Or if he proves able to use his weight and low center of gravity to keep much bigger players (Oden/Bynum/Shaq) away from their preferred spots,then he could start with anyone. He sure as can use his power and elasticity on O, I hope he can translate it to D. He has Timmy, Dice, and Theo to teach him in practice, and players have said he is open to tips, so there is hope yet.
    And I second the white people wanna be black pic is lame. I still like being anglo/latino.
    :rofl

And these are my favorite pics/jokes.

Blair Hogan BIATCH!!!

I'm going to show this to Jalberto, see if he'll make it a poster!!!
    That looks like a good one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry, you fail......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet...2 responses on my fail...WIN!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to bump this, so no one makes even more Blair threads. This one should be good enough.

So for those who saw/listened to the game, how was Blair's D? We all know he is a stat stuffer when it comes to boards and points, I want to know if his 1-1 D is passable or not. If not, is it at least better than Bonner's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to bump this, so no one makes even more Blair threads. This one should be good enough.
    I'm not sure one thread can contain Dejuan Blair's greatness. Heck, I'm not sure one universe can contain Dejuan Blair's greatness. And no, I'm not using hyperbole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. And on the sig. It's almost as epic as Dejuan Blair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agloco, bring the better pics back!!! I can't see her booty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I've observed about DeJuan Blair.

*On his first game in NBA Summer League 2009, he had a double-double.
    *On his first game in NBA Pre-season 2009, he also had a double-double.
    *On his first game in NBA Season 2009-2010, he also had again, double-double.

What can you say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope his first PO game and first Finals game keep the pattern going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For mine, Blair has shades of Paul Millsap/Jason Maxiell about him, and bits and pieces of Malik, and he looks like a cross between Elton Brand and Greg Oden, and the kid can freakin PLAY! Injuries notwithstanding, he'll be a crucial part of this team for years to come.

On the basketball strategy side, I love that Blair gives us a new weapon altogether, something we haven't had since the Twin Towers - a second elite rebounder to cause havoc on the offensive glass. , it looks to me like you can still get 4 guys back and just leave Blair to swing the wrecking ball in there!

BTW, my new nickname for him is 'Grizzly' - GRIZZLY BLAIR! Suits him, I think.

PS Apologies, I didn't read the thread before posting, but I'm so happy about seeing him in the real NBA that I just needed to post!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I've observed about DeJuan Blair.

*On his first game in NBA Summer League 2009, he had a double-double.
    *On his first game in NBA Pre-season 2009, he also had a double-double.
    *On his first game in NBA Season 2009-2010, he also had again, double-double.

What can you say?
    On his first game in NBA in the NBA Playoffs 2009, he will have a double-double.

On his first game in NBA in the NBA Finals 2009, he will have a double-double.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On his first game in NBA in the NBA Playoffs 2009, he will have a double-double.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's even nice.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's where Blair comes in. He's going to eat space and double doubles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Beast!!!!!!!! This guy looked like he has been playing with the Spurs for a few years. Damn!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information