Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Many say he was insulated from Iran/Contra. What you're alluding to, many people disagree. You cannot disagree that a) Obama claimed to sign a piece of legislation without earmarks and b) it had over 9,000.

I'm just incredulous that Shastafarian wants to engage in some Clintonian parsing when the man is a bold-faced liar of the first order.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, GGA, that's not parsing. There are legitimate disagreements over how much involvement Reagan had with Iran/Contra. And, there certainly was at the time.

Obama is flat out lying in the face of facts known to the public.

Rising above the Fray spursncowboys's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shasta: why do you have to try and bring up bad behavior from a repub ex pres every time obama's screw ups are brought up? He was supposed to be above all that. Also he is the sitting president. This is now. If you were against something when a republican was in office then have some moral standards and be against it for everyone. Cheerleader

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shasta: why do you have to try and bring up bad behavior from a repub ex pres every time obama's screw ups are brought up?
    If you haven't figured that out yet then you, like jack, need to use your brain muscles
    He was supposed to be above all that.
    According to? I think most rational people figured he wouldn't be some messiah.
    Also he is the sitting president.
    As was Bush at this time last year. As was Clinton at this time in 2000.
    This is now.
    Where were you last year?
    If you were against something when a republican was in office then have some moral standards and be against it for everyone.
    you don't get it either...*sigh*
    Cheerleader
    Butthurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will have transparency in White House emails except mine....Broken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Obama campaigned for the Democratic presidential nomination in Manchester, N.H., on June 22, 2007, he announced his "Sunlight Before Signing" promise.
    "When there is a bill that ends up on my desk as the president, you the public will have five days to look online and find out what's in it before I sign it," he said.
    Should we be numbering these?

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Obama campaigned for the Democratic presidential nomination in Manchester, N.H., on June 22, 2007, he announced his "Sunlight Before Signing" promise.
    "When there is a bill that ends up on my desk as the president, you the public will have five days to look online and find out what's in it before I sign it," he said.
    Should we be numbering these?
    I'm pretty sure you already used that one. Number all you want. I'm sure you'll receive apologies for all of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure you already used that one. Number all you want. I'm sure you'll receive apologies for all of them.
    It is similar but different. So are you going to report me as acting "fishy" to the Ministry of Truth?

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is similar but different. So are you going to report me as acting "fishy" to the Ministry of Truth?
    The e-mail bounces now.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The reason why people bring up Bush when talking about Obama is because it's convenient and deflects attention from Obama's mistakes and misfortunes. Besides, Obama was elected to save us from evil Hitler Bush remember? One promise that I remember that Obama is probably going to break is his pledge to close down Gitmo within 1 year of being president. Obama will probably break the record for broken promises by a president but that's only because he promised a lot of to people. In my lifetime, Obama promised the most to voters of any other presidential that has ever been on the ballot in my opinion. He promised more than Clinton and Bush 43. The whole thing with Obama is that people put way too much hope, faith, and expectations on the man. When people voted for Obama back in November of last year, they honestly believed that he was going to change America and fix everything. Sad but true. And I'm sure some Obama sucker on here is probably going to bring up something bad that Bush did in order to deflect attention away from Lord Obama.

Truth, justice, and the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

He's made more than 500 promises throughout his campaign for president. So far, he's kept 41, compromised on 11, broken 7, seen 12 stall, and has 91 currently in the works.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every president and/or politican makes promises err campaign promises and lies. come on now, really. you can't make any thing happen without someone or groups in congress putting their language in it and it's about negotiations and getting a bill passed that pleases most people and has some things a president wants in hopes down the line some one returns the favor and some one is always going to get screwed.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    every president and/or politican makes promises err campaign promises and lies. come on now, really. you can't make any thing happen without someone or groups in congress putting their language in it and it's about negotiations and getting a bill passed that pleases most people and has some things a president wants in hopes down the line some one returns the favor and some one is always going to get screwed.
    Well me. I never heard it that way. Let them mofo's all lie. The bigger the lie the better job they will do.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares...who ever has the money and power dem, rep, i, corporation, business, doesn't matter makes the rules.

Thread Information