Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must have complained too much to my devote and saintly wife about her watching the funeral coverage x 48 hours plus seemingly.

1) Late train, tired and cranky, worked almost 36 hours straight. Bad, bad feeling about turning on the Dallas game on a back to back on the road on TNT.
    2) Get home, turn on tube at half anyway, only down 11 no worries, a hot streak by Manu, Robinson or Barry no problem. Somebody forgot to tell Spurs that, don't show up mentally or physically. Has to listen and watch the BS about how great the Mavs were clicking etc. Momentarily felt better when Nazr threw some elbows and Barry showed some serious emotion and Spurs at least did not reach record low points. However, felt nauseated, when saw the non classy Mavs acting like they had actually done something, the smuggness of AJ, and the cheshire goofy smile of Cuban.
    Gimme a break, felt like leaving room but recalled Masters was probably on. . .
    3) Masters stopped due to darkness just when getting exciting, and my favorite player Els is having a day like the Spurs. Woods, 2nd favorite, also off in woods or putting off greens, bouncing off flags into traps and generally, looking like Woody Austin out there.
    4) Lose a blog, can live with that, got to give credit to my opponent for taking on a tough topic on his side and somehow getting it done, but it still smarts darn it.
    5) Masters rained out today, broke down and sat with wife. Of course, she has me sitting and watching the Pope's funeral with tears at every scene.

Listen I loved and respected that great man but from a guys perspective, just show me the highlight "plays" please of that one.

Escape to go play ball with my son, rains softly again, Ugh.

6) Ugh x 2. No Spurs game that matters for awhile.

Now along with praying for contrition I must also pray that the Spurs get a chance this year to shut up some serious Mavs mouths and/or Suns mouths.

Anyway we could plausibly play both in playoffs??????????
    Last edited by Rummpd; 04-08-2005 at 08:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyway we could plausibly play both in playoffs??????????

Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess your right unless Spurs fell to 4. 4-5 winner I guess should play 1-8 winner. Scenario, Denver falls to 8 beats Suns, beats Mavs.
    Denver finals vs. Spurs with a healthy Duncan would be interesting.

Arizona Bones
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc-
    I don't believe in karma. You just had a bad day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was beyond bad, going to bed, probably roll out of it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible, in fact it's possible for us to play the Mavs, Suns, and Rockets..

To play the Mavs in the scond round all that has to happen is for the Sonics to lose to whoever they are playing....then we'd play the Mavs in the second round...

To get Houston also it's a little more complicated...Seattle has to play Denver and Denver has to win...this would give us a first round matchup with the Rockets and a Semi final matchup with the Mavs....

Don't be surprised...Seattle VS Denver has been a huge upset in past playoffs...

But basically if Seattle gets upset we'll meet the Mavs in the Semi Finals and the Suns in the finals...as long as Seattle is the only team that gets upset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible, in fact it's possible for us to play the Mavs, Suns, and Rockets..

To play the Mavs in the scond round all that has to happen is for the Sonics to lose to whoever they are playing....then we'd play the Mavs in the second round...

To get Houston also it's a little more complicated...Seattle has to play Denver and Denver has to win...this would give us a first round matchup with the Rockets and a Semi final matchup with the Mavs....

Don't be surprised...Seattle VS Denver has been a huge upset in past playoffs...

But basically if Seattle gets upset we'll meet the Mavs in the Semi Finals and the Suns in the finals...as long as Seattle is the only team that gets upset.
    This is 100% wrong.

As has been the case lately.

Five-Oh would be 'shamed of you, whoooooooot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whottt, the Mavs are in the four seed and Phoenix in the first seed. They will meet in the second round. The Spurs won't be in that part of the bracket. Even if the Spurs drop to the fourth seed and the Mavs get the second or third seed, then the Spurs won't be in the Mavs bracket. Therefore, the Spurs won't meet the Mavs in the second round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whottt, the Mavs are in the four seed and Phoenix in the first seed. They will meet in the second round. The Spurs won't be in that part of the bracket. Even if the Spurs drop to the fourth seed and the Mavs get the second or third seed, then the Spurs won't be in the Mavs bracket. Therefore, the Spurs won't meet the Mavs in the second round.

Don't wurry, sweet thang. whotttttt done been spread misinformation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um exactly how is that going to be wrong? Does the highest seed no longer play the lowest seed or something?

If Seattle loses whoever beats them is the lowest seed and will then play Phoenix....

While we play the middle seed...which will be Dallas...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read Whottt, I just explained it to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second Round ...
    The winner of 1 vs 8 plays the winner of 4 vs 5.
    The winner of 2 vs 7 players the winner of 3 vs 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um exactly how is that going to be wrong? Does the highest seed no longer play the lowest seed or something?

If Seattle loses whoever beats them is the lowest seed and will then play Phoenix....

If seattle loses to the six seed the Spurs play that six seed, not pho playing the six seed. It's a bracket not heirarchy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically the NBA has taken away the Home Court Advantage and made having the #1 seed pointless beyond the first round? As for drawing the weakest opponent?

Well done NBA...in that case I am wrong...I didn't realize the NBA was now stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

whottttt is a confused youngun. I pray for his sanity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whottt -- are you talking about? It's always been this way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically the NBA has taken away the Home Court Advantage and made having the #1 seed pointless beyond the first round?

Well done NBA...in that case I am wrong...I didn't realize the NBA was now stupid.

It's always done been like that, boss. You hate me, the Little GenerAL, but I pray for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hasn't always been that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you talking about?

When was it different?

Here are the brackets from the 2003 le Run.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/brackets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimVP..could you layoff the Mav propaganda...this is a Spurs discussion, thank you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hasn't always been that way.

It's been like that since I've been in the NBA. Me and Big Dave are good fearing men. We forgive you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimVP..could you layoff the Mav propaganda...this is a Spurs discussion, thank you

timvp speaks the truth. What do you speak? May the devil release you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It used to be it was reseeded every round with the lowest seed playing the highest seed...I am not sure when they changed it but I am certain that it didn't use to be the way it is now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was that way when Denver beat Seattle at 1 vs. 8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It used to be it was reseeded every round with the lowest seed playing the highest seed...I am not sure when they changed it but I am certain that it didn't use to be that way...

You thrive off of misinformation. Please see the new light and get caught up.

Thread Information