Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ye FT's are important, easy to shoot, nice to have players that averages 80% and all. Rashos FTs are below 50% imo, which takes me again to my question, why you think its so necessery for him to shoot FTs to be a good player...
    PS: and another question - would you like to see him have FTs for the win in the final seconds or not?

This photo is Exhibit A on why Rasho doesn't shoot a high FT %. Check out the position of the support (left) hand. This hand should have little or nothing to do with the shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho, Robert and Nazr had better be very active and physical tonight against Seattle's James, Evans and Collison. Plenty of fouls and a measure of revenge by the Spurs, perhaps, in store for Mr. Jerome.

The Sonics were very active and competed hard in the 4th quarter last night, in a very good, although somewhat lucky, win in Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most big players got lots of problems with their big hands, they just dont have that much feeling when throwing FTs. On the other hand, rashos hands position on this picture is simply wrong and he as NBA player with big wage should know it, he should be ashamed actually. Same goes for his coaching staff. I said couple of months ago, if i was rashos coach i would make him throw FTs after the practice for hour or when he would throw down decent % of his shots.
    Ow and i got another question for some of you braniacs: would you like rasho to try more 3pt shots? I mean 3 pts is better then 2 right regardless of his % to hit one...

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "they just dont have that much feeling when throwing FTs"

oh , GMAFB.

Hand size has nothing to do with feeling for a shot. Shooting requires total body co-ordination. If you can't control your body precisely for a given objective, you won't be able to shoot very well. Perhaps "good enough" after 1000s and 1000's of practice shots and muscle-memory training, but you'll never be a natural, graceful shooter.

Most tall men are playing basketball for exactly and primarily one reason: they are TALL, NOT because they are athletically co-ordinated.

Rasho is the perfect example, unathletic by his own admission.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One way to cure the "over-support" by the support hand is to shoot them one-handed...the support hand can be up by the ball, just not touching the ball. I've seen Rasho trying some 1-handed FTs recently but I honestly cannot tell you if he's still doing that. He shoots FTs so infrequently in games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont need to be athletic to shoot FTs
    PS: and if you meant that he doesnt have soft touch from that distance, you are wrong, he is known that he has midrange shot
    Last edited by Dario; 03-30-2005 at 03:09 PM.

Thread Information