Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually the game yesterday was probably the best one Tony has had in a while...The last 5 or 6 games before that he had been pretty inconsistent and sometimes downright bad.

But yesterday he did a great job on Sura until the game was out of reach, and he was also our leading rebounder I think...The Rockets are huge team and for the shortest starter on the court for either team(by quite a few inches) to be the leading rebounder is pretty impressive. He hustled yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said two months ago for anyone to name 5 better starting defensive centers and no one took me up on it.

In my view, Wallace, O'Neil (only when motivated), J O'Neil (when playing Center) are the only three definite centers better defensively, especially when Rasho is motivated. Yao has the potential as does Daembert (spelling?) of Philly but there are not many others that bring as much defensively as Rasho. Motumbo also on the Rockets for short periods is also stout but he is a reserve.

If he can continue to bring 8-12 points a game and keep this up = he is exactly what Spurs need!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am still not impressed with Rasho.
    color me suprised, another basketball bozo.

But thats ok Parker1, When you rip Rasho for his inconsistency, and you being a huge fan of Tony Parker, the hypocrisy shows its self right there.

Maybe we need to run more plays for him...

NAHHHH YA THINK!?!??!!?!?

Ive been saying this since October but was told SHUT UP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is handball more popular than basketball over there? What is the most popular sport?

Is the most popular athlete in your country Rasho or a soccer player?

Does the water go clockwise or counterclockwise when you flush the toilet?
    whottt goes into Sequ-mode . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    color me suprised, another basketball bozo.

But thats ok Parker1, When you rip Rasho for his inconsistency, and you being a huge fan of Tony Parker, the hypocrisy shows its self right there
    There's a reason people are always telling you to SHUT UP, T-Park, maybe you should take a hint

Also, what does my being a fan of Tony Parker have to do with this thread? I have never said that Tony was a consistent player. At least he brings other things to the game this year when he is sucking on offense (case in point, the Houston game where he went 5-13, but still managed to lead the team in rebounding and assists, while played great D on Sura). Pre-all star game, Rasho was not playing that great. Even POP called him out to the press. All I am saying is, I wish I'd see some more fire and effort from Rasho on a consistent basis.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoogar...that's a good question about which way the water runs when you flush the toilet...I always assumed that it runs the same way everywhere and never considered the possibility that it might not. I feel smarter now somehow. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should ask our southern-hemisphere friends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all have been Popavamboozled again. Fricking Puppets.

Yall are F'd in the A.

Rasho sucks.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Rasho never gets the credit he's due," Popovich said. (quote) "People will complain about him forever because they don't really know the game.

Strokin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a two time NBA champion head coach is pretty much saying Sequ,

you dont know .

I am a locopatriot
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zeleni, that's some heavy complex stuff there. I guess it's not easy trying to be a world basktball power as such a small country. I had this impression that you guys just played basketball and drank. I was kind of envious.
    Do not be envious. We are in similar position that you guys are. The best players must all the time wager their basketball profesional resumes with the national teams ones. Being so, we most often underachieve our goals. That is hoping to change in Belgrade championship. Again we are called favourites, and again we have problems with injuries. Americans have NBA, we have not got the money for a simple proffesional treatment. Rasho is one of the loudest critics of our status quo. In short I hope for revolution - and a le.

benji, , did you get whopped?
    I didn't know there is so much Slovenes here!

Complex?
    , world is complex, dude!

As for Rasho and hisself. Support him, and he will be even better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buck Harvey said what I have been saying all along- only way better =).
    All I can add is that its about time Rasho got some love. He's the best!

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Rasho even when he stinks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not be envious. .

I'm not anymore...I was only envious when I thought all you guys did was drink and play basketball, that seemed like kind of a fun life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hi Whott... long time no talk ! =)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hiya Angel ! The chatroom isn't the same without you there to defend Rasho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss you guys a lot! It's good to know Rasho still needs Luv ( as in Angel) ! Hehe!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still cant see why some people wants someone whos FT are terrible to go to the line more. Imo its like i wrote several times in here just lack of basketball knowledge or its regarded in USA that a player must dunk atleast once and have some FT's to be considered good. People calling for players to go to FT more please enlighten me once and for all why is that so important?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^It gets the opposing player if foul trouble. Which comes in handy when you have guys like Yao and Shaq defending you.

Multimedia Spurs
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teams can score 20 - 30 pts/game at the FT line. that 20% - 30% of the typical total PPG. drawing fouls is always a good thing. DAL scored 49 pts on FTs against SA in the 03 playoffs.

being able to stop the clock by drawing a foul in crunch is important when you are behind.

The sooner you get the other team into the penalty, the better (2 shots instead of 1). A lot of games are won/lost at the FT line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently rasho is on the list for all time lowest FT%. I mean he had to make some kind of career stat but this...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho isn't a closer.

Horry is.

Horry closes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ye FT's are important, easy to shoot, nice to have players that averages 80% and all. Rashos FTs are below 50% imo, which takes me again to my question, why you think its so necessery for him to shoot FTs to be a good player...
    PS: and another question - would you like to see him have FTs for the win in the final seconds or not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho is the most frustrating player to watch in the NBA. He'll show that he can score in the post and hit the midrange jumper, then he'll disappear offensively for ten games. He's very good night in and night out defensively, but you just never know what you're going to get on the other end from him.

He has that little sweeping hook, a turnaround jumper, and a couple of other moves. If he can effectively utilize them one night, he should be able to do so on other nights. It's almost like he doesn't even have those moves in his arsenal three quarters of the time.

In my mind, Rasho can improve most by becoming more of a force offensively when he doesn't get the ball. He's not going to get a lot of post action when Duncan comes back. And Pop shouldn't be running very many plays for him when Parker, Manu, Duncan, Barry, Beno, Brown, and Horry all can be more effective scorers.

So what he needs to do is make a difference even when he doesn't get touches. He needs to offensive rebound. He needs to put himself in the right position to receive passes under the basket from Manu and Parker when they drive. It can be quite crowded under the basket, so he'll need to pick and choose his spots. As good as he was the other night, it's certain that he'll disappear again soon.

He needs to create his own opportunities. There are players who can do that effectively. Rasho needs to do it.

Thread Information