Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His body is wearing down.

He hurt his ankle at the end of last season.

Then he re-injured himself during the playoffs.

He injured himself over the summer in Beijing.

He injured himself at the beginning of this season.

He's injured right now.
    how many games has he missed in his NBA career? how many playoff games has he missed? players who are considered injury prone and made of glass usually miss a ton of time and get hurt often

nothing you mentioned has anything to do with being made of glass. happens and the facts are Manu has not missed time on what most people would consider a consistent basis with the Spurs. missing some games during the regular season here and there is one thing. playing in the Olympics with an ankle that wasnt fully healed has jack to do with being injury prone...nor does anything this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's likely to be an interesting connection between this season and the 1999-2000 season in the history of the Duncan era.

Only twice in Duncan's time in SA has his team failed to reach 56 regular season wins -- 99-00 was the other (assuming you pro-rate the '99 season, in which 37 wins would have put the Spurs on pace to win 60+). Likewise, the 99-00 season has been the one blemish on the Spurs' streak of winning at least one playoff series every year since 1997-98.

In both cases, the Spurs had an injury-riddled regular season with a vital contributor from the prior year shelved for much of the season (in 1999-00, it was Sean Elliott and his return from the kidney transplant). It also might well be that in each season, the Spurs choose to shelve Tim Duncan for the end of the regular season and the post-season, to save him from further injury to a knee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Listen bag. Just because you're not a real fan and you're completely negative doesn't mean this team is giving up. I had a college scholarship and a knee issue took it away from me. The school overreacted, and I was fine by the next year. Truth is, Timmy's knees are hurt, but it's something that the offseason will heal. If you completely give up, you're not doing anything to help the city, or the team, or it's fans. Check out our winning percentage before Manu and after...we were doing fine, because we didn't have any chemistry issues. Mason played the SG position, George Hill got playing time, and Bruce played more. That would DEFINITELY help out. If you want to give up, that's fine, but don't say you're a Spurs fan if you do..
    If it's going to cause more damage to Duncan for the rest of his career to play hobbled right now, then I would just shut him down for the season and let Parker go freestyle and go down in the first round fighting with all the youngsters on the court.
    She must not be a real fan either.

Your story about your knee was touching, though. I'd like to think Duncan has better medical personnel at his disposal.

I think it would be better for the Spurs to rest Duncan and let some of the younger guys get some burn in the PO. No reason to risk making it worse.
    Last edited by jag; 04-06-2009 at 06:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    please put down the pipe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whens the last time manu was manu? 07? hes too old and injury prone. his career is over.
    It's a pussy move to log onto a proxy server just to post trash.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way Spurs get to the Finals is if Kobe goes down.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whens the last time manu was manu? 07? hes too old and injury prone. his career is over.
    Last season was his best season stat wise. And this year he had some really good games injured and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you for clarifying sir, wasn't 100% sure. I felt really bad for him reading it. Wish all of you Manu and Spurs fans best of luck.

I'll leave you guys alone to discuss.
    You're all class saying this Allanon... good luck with Lebron in the Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is not finished, we better not trade him off. He'll get healthy and come back pissed playing like an MVP.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol ur a moron, and no one cares what you think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many games has he missed in his NBA career? how many playoff games has he missed? players who are considered injury prone and made of glass usually miss a ton of time and get hurt often

nothing you mentioned has anything to do with being made of glass. happens and the facts are Manu has not missed time on what most people would consider a consistent basis with the Spurs. missing some games during the regular season here and there is one thing. playing in the Olympics with an ankle that wasnt fully healed has jack to do with being injury prone...nor does anything this year
    At this point in his career it's obvious that he's injury prone. His body is wearing down.

You got upset cause i said he was made of glass...i apologize if i hurt your feelings. You're talking about a player that has to be held to under 25 mpg just so that he's healthy for the playoffs. Is it really that hard for you to accept?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are done. The duncan era's championships and close calls (except 99) have always come down to manu. He has won three for us but he has also blown several for us. He is injury prone and its time to start shopping him on the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a pussy move to log onto a proxy server just to post trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are done. The duncan era's championships and close calls (except 99) have always come down to manu. He has won three for us but he has also blown several for us. He is injury prone and its time to start shopping him on the market.
    OK, you've made your position known. No reason to keep posting it every four minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for the Spurs to man up... I just signed in and saw how many people were quick to write off their own team....Man up...Injuries happen to every team..Unfortunately Manu is out but everyone else needs to step up...simple as that..Our road is a heck of alot tougher..but believe me I have been through worse seasons.Who ever writes off the team needs to be slapped....as Rudy T.said, never doubt the heart of a champion..We still have the best PF in the NBA and one of the best PG in the league..Its not over until we lose 4 games in a series and last time I checked the playoffs havent even started...I ride this ship til the wheels fall off...GO SPURS GO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well mason atleast now knows he gets minutes

Only God Can Judge Me Quiet Strength's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically you can't come up with anything before the end of last season.
    Why am I not surprised...
    And BTW, the first three 'injuries' in your post are the one and the same. It required surgery, he did it over the summer and recovered well.
    The last two 'injuries' are the current injury.
    So basically it's two completely unrelated injuries, just like I said.

Tell you what fool, believe what you want. At least people now know you talk out of your ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he werent in SA the Spurs wouldnt have even had a shot at those les. STFU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is not finished, we better not trade him off. He'll get healthy and come back pissed playing like an MVP.
    Agreed!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe he can get his confidence back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record I still think we could make it to the WCF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point in his career it's obvious that he's injury prone. His body is wearing down.

You got upset cause i said he was made of glass...i apologize if i hurt your feelings. You're talking about a player that has to be held to under 25 mpg just so that he's healthy for the playoffs. Is it really that hard for you to accept?
    it has nothing to do with hurting anyones feelings. You obviously have a very different definition of injury prone and what being hurt on a consistent basis or not means

You may have a point if the guy was missing good amounts of time most seasons and time in the playoffs as well...but that isnt the case.

I mean trying to put Manu getting injured in the playoffs last year on being simply injury prone makes no sense....anyone could have been injured at that point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu just posted: Muy malas noticias. Parece que se me acabó la temporada gente. http://tinyurl.com/d3vun5 Que momento! Esta sí que no me la esperaba... Saludos.

Can someone translate?

Thread Information