Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it sounds horrible like he may never play again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what kind of surgery it would be. I don't like the sound of "increased marrow edema" either but I'm not sure what it means. Swelling to the bone marrow? That can't be good.
    Marrow edema is a generalized response to either trauma or stress of the bone marrow. Bone marrow edema may be the first recognizable MR finding in many conditions, including transient synovitis, trauma, stress, infection, ischemia, tumor and reflex sympathetic dystrophy. MR imaging is exquisitely sensitive for detecting the presence of marrow edema.

I googled it. Hope that helps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, son, that's injury prone. You act as if these are the only injures he's ever had.

Being injury prone has nothing to do with how much heart you have. Stop being an emo.
    injury prone would be the guy getting hurt every single year and missing a lot of games on a CONSISTENT basis

Think how many deep playoff battles Manu has been in for multiple les. having a few injuries here and there isnt glass. most players get nicked up in some way or another every year rather they miss time or not. This has been a tough year for Manu but I wouldnt declare the guy glass worthy at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow.

Condolences is the wrong word but sorry for the devastating blow.

Agree with Kori. That injury sounds horrible. Career-ending really.
    What does he have? too lazy to look through 5 pages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow.

Condolences is the wrong word but sorry for the devastating blow.

Agree with Kori. That injury sounds horrible. Career-ending really.
    We have some doctors posting here. I'd like to know more about the "increased marrow edema." I know he can come back by next year from a stress fracture.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Feel us the Rockets pain. We go through this kind of crap at clutchfans twice a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ty monday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does he have? too lazy to look through 5 pages.
    "increased marrow edema and a stress fracture in his right distal fibula."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This feels like when you hear a story about a reformed convict that no one wants to give a chance. Everyone was already mad at him once and cannot get over it. Then, the convict gets out determined to live their life and gets caught in an awkward situation, where because of his past, he gets crucified.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is injury prone bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, son, that's injury prone. You act as if these are the only injures he's ever had.
    Really? Why don't you tell me how many surgeries he had before the one this summer? What? Zero?
    All the injuries he had before last season were common stuff. Tweaked ankle here or there, or a bruise here or there. Both Tim and Tony have missed game for the same type of injuries. Are they injury prone too?

I called your bluff. Let's see it. Show me any injury Manu had previous to last season that Tim or Tony didn't have. As a matter of fact, this is only the second season of his entire career he's not gonna play 82+ games.

Why don't you just stop talking out of your ass already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn he was the x-factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there it is.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sorry, Spurs fans. I was really hoping the Spurs would be healthy and ready to take down the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    injury prone would be the guy getting hurt every single year and missing a lot of games on a CONSISTENT basis

Think how many deep playoff battles Manu has been in for multiple les. having a few injuries here and there isnt glass. most players get nicked up in some way or another every year rather they miss time or not. This has been a tough year for Manu but I wouldnt declare the guy glass worthy at this point.
    His body is wearing down.

He hurt his ankle at the end of last season.

Then he re-injured himself during the playoffs.

He injured himself over the summer in Beijing.

He injured himself at the beginning of this season.

He's injured right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am reading between the lines but I think he's saying it's time to rest and put this bad season away for him.

He also thinks people will talk about him now because of him playing in the Olympics even though everybody warned him not too.

Pure conjecture from me, just get the feeling when I read this...maybe my own translation machine is bad.

Alot of sadness it seems because he seems to just want to get away from it all.
    you're right on the money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu will have plenty of time to heal and rest. thats what he needs. We all know how manu comes back. WITH VENGENCE!!! So rest up manu, heal, and kick ass next season!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you're right on the money
    Thank you for clarifying sir, wasn't 100% sure. I felt really bad for him reading it. Wish all of you Manu and Spurs fans best of luck.

I'll leave you guys alone to discuss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's injured right now. It's not like he's 100% out there and it'd just be nice if he had an extra month to play NBA Live.

He's playing hurt right now and there's a chance he could make it worse and it may never heal. How do you not understand this??

For you to suggest that this team might play better without Manu is comical.
    Listen bag. Just because you're not a real fan and you're completely negative doesn't mean this team is giving up. I had a college scholarship and a knee issue took it away from me. The school overreacted, and I was fine by the next year. Truth is, Timmy's knees are hurt, but it's something that the offseason will heal. If you completely give up, you're not doing anything to help the city, or the team, or it's fans. Check out our winning percentage before Manu and after...we were doing fine, because we didn't have any chemistry issues. Mason played the SG position, George Hill got playing time, and Bruce played more. That would DEFINITELY help out. If you want to give up, that's fine, but don't say you're a Spurs fan if you do..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Why don't you tell me how many surgeries he had before the one this summer? What? Zero?
    All the injuries he had before last season were common stuff. Tweaked ankle here or there, or a bruise here or there. Both Tim and Tony have missed game for the same type of injuries. Are they injury prone too?

I called your bluff. Let's see it. Show me any injury Manu had previous to last season that Tim or Tony didn't have. As a matter of fact, this is only the second season of his entire career he's not gonna play 82+ games.

Why don't you just stop talking out of your ass already?
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=166

I think you're in denial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're ed...

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu will have plenty of time to heal and rest. thats what he needs. We all know how manu comes back. WITH VENGENCE!!! So rest up manu, heal, and kick ass next season!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!
    whens the last time manu was manu? 07? hes too old and injury prone. his career is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Son of a biscuit. Ugh. This makes today the worst Monday I've had all year.

I feel so bad for Manu, you know the only thing he wants to do is go 110% on that court every night...this must be heartbreaking to him.

I will definitely be praying that he recovers and comes back strong next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    time to retire him

Thread Information