Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well sucks..... i think we should save timmy, and play through this as tony's team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save his knees.

Are you in complete denial?
    denial? no...bottom line is this. REAL Spurs fans will tell you we were playing better before Manu came back. We had a lot of chemistry issues. I refuse to give up. And if Tim's knees are going to heal, they will heal through the offseason. One extra month of the playoffs isn't going to change anything. That's why I say "why the playoffs?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Time to rebuild or it will be the same thing next year again

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry but do you know what he is trying to say?
    I am reading between the lines but I think he's saying it's time to rest and put this bad season away for him.

He also thinks people will talk about him now because of him playing in the Olympics even though everybody warned him not too.

Pure conjecture from me, just get the feeling when I read this...maybe my own translation machine is bad.

Alot of sadness it seems because he seems to just want to get away from it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had two completely unrelated injuries in the same season. That's tough luck, not being made out of glass.
    No, son, that's injury prone. You act as if these are the only injures he's ever had.

Made out of glass people don't leave their hearts out for 90+ games seasons.
    Let's just hope it's not career ending.
    Being injury prone has nothing to do with how much heart you have. Stop being an emo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Bruno says, I think it is safe to say Manu's contract situation is now in serious jeopardy. If the Spurs were in wait and see mode with Manu, that has been completely screwed...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you want to see duncan in a sports jacket all next year? rest him now

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saw this on the yahoo sports page... so sad. this effectively ends the spurs' playoff run before it even started. lingering injury issues may make 2009-2010 just as disappointing. hope ginobili recovers well but two injuries after major surgery is not a good sign. if i was in more of a forgiving mood, i probably would have come up with a more encouraging post.

Drive For 5!!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the enduring pretty much the entire season with the injury bug, and seeing where we were at in the conference before these last 10 games, i'd say the spurs were doing well in spite of all that. I was hoping we'd pull it together in these last weeks to make a run, but oh wells.......

Here's to next year!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really sucks...I don't know what the Spurs are going to do, but never count out the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody know what's next?

Surgery or just rest?
    I don't know what kind of surgery it would be. I don't like the sound of "increased marrow edema" either but I'm not sure what it means. Swelling to the bone marrow? That can't be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    god damn it, this guy can't stay healthy...that's the thing about coming back from injuries, you're bound to re- them. He's getting old, once he gets hurt in the season it's likely he will continue to re-injure himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am reading between the lines but I think he's saying it's time to rest and put this bad season away for him.

He also thinks people will talk about him now because of him playing in the Olympics even though everybody warned him not too.

Pure conjecture from me, just get the feeling when I read this...maybe my own translation machine is bad.
    There is definitely going to be some fan backlash from this. Many people place all the burden on Manu. So while he is probably the most popular Spur, he will now be the most scrutinized.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Bruno says, I think it is safe to say Manu's contract situation is now in serious jeopardy. If the Spurs were in wait and see mode with Manu, that has been completely screwed...
    we're going to receive offers THIS OFF-SEASON from teams that could use an expiring contract for next year..the front office should definitely pursue this..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if Tim's knees are going to heal, they will heal through the offseason. One extra month of the playoffs isn't going to change anything. That's why I say "why the playoffs?"
    Because he's injured right now. It's not like he's 100% out there and it'd just be nice if he had an extra month to play NBA Live.

He's playing hurt right now and there's a chance he could make it worse and it may never heal. How do you not understand this??

For you to suggest that this team might play better without Manu is comical.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    o first round exit... sorry guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, son, that's injury prone. You act as if these are the only injures he's ever had.

Being injury prone has nothing to do with how much heart you have. Stop being an emo.
    Injury prone since when? since the end of last season?

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a freakin' wasted season for Manu. In hindsight, I wish he would've skipped the Olympics. That's just me being a selfish fan, but his injury, along with Tim's injury has basically sunk the season.
    Agreed. I told ya Manu was stupid for playing this past summer while hurt. His decision to put his real teamates over us has finally caught up with him. He caused Timmy to burn out already. Wonder how that silver medal feels now? Thanks Manu for nothing. Bet he'll be back in Argentina playing this summer again. All I can say is..................I told yall so. Im sure yall can still remember Pop grabbing Manu away from the cameras when he arrived here after the summer. The look on Pops face then was made for today. He knew it, most real Spurs fan knew it. Hey Manu if you want to kill your body go for it. But remember you have teamates who have to step it up when your out for not listening to your elders. And your teamates are old. Fire his behind or trade him. He is not a true teamate of our San Antonio Spurs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There is definitely going to be some fan backlash from this. Many people place all the burden on Manu. So while he is probably the most popular Spur, he will now be the most scrutinized.
    It's already started.

But again, that's just me reading into what he said, he doesn't directly mention the Olympics. But I'm "guessing" that is what he is referring to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame Manu..he did what he did..nobody can predict the future..just like his play on the court, you live with the good and the bad..he cost us the series in 2006 due to his foul, he ed up this year with the injuries(not really his fault though)..on the other hand, he's been a significant factor for us winning 3 les, and a huge factor for the 2005 le..

you live with the good and the bad..hate him if you want, but realize how much he's given this franchise..nobody can ever accuse him of not wanting to win, and not giving it his all..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow.

Condolences is the wrong word but sorry for the devastating blow.

Agree with Kori. That injury sounds horrible. Career-ending really.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I told ya Manu was stupid for playing this past summer while hurt. His decision to put his real teamates over us has finally caught up with him. He caused Timmy to burn out already. Wonder how that silver medal feels now? Thanks Manu for nothing. Bet he'll be back in Argentina playing this summer again. All I can say is..................I told yall so. Im sure yall can still remember Pop grabbing Manu away from the cameras when he arrived here after the summer. The look on Pops face then was made for today. He knew it, most real Spurs fan knew it. Hey Manu if you want to kill your body go for it. But remember you have teamates who have to step it up when your out for not listening to your elders. And your teamates are old. Fire his behind or trade him. He is not a true teamate of our San Antonio Spurs.

Completely agree. Selfish

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monroe.

Manu to miss remainder of season
    By Mike Monroe

The stiffness Spurs guard Manu Ginobili felt in his right ankle during Sunday's game against the Cleveland Cavaliers turned out to portend the worst possible news for the star guard and the Spurs: A stress fracture that will cost him the remainder of the season, and the playoffs.

Ginobili had returned to game action March 25 in Atlanta after missing 19 games with a stress reaction in his right distal fibula. Sunday's game was his sixth since returning to the lineup, and followed three games in which he had totaled 50 points. After scoring 16 in a victory in Indianapolis on Friday, Ginobili had reported that he felt "super."

When the ankle stiffened Sunday, he sought advice from the team's athletic training and conditioning staff, and was sent back to San Antonio for a CT scan and MRI. The results of tests conducted Monday morning showed the stress fracture, and the determination that the team's starting shooting guard would miss the remainder of the season.

No timetable has been set for when Ginobili will return to the court.

Ginobili began the season on the injured list after surgery on his left ankle that was conducted in September. He missed 12 games, but returned Nov. 24, when he scored 12 points in a Spurs victory in Memphis.

In late January and early February, Ginobili put together a string of games that appeared to show he was back to his All-Star form. He averaged 24.0 points in the six games that preceded the All-Star break, including three games with 30 or more points. His high game for the season, a 32-point output at Toronto on Feb. 11, was his last game before the stress reaction was discovered just after the All-Star break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's already started.

But again, that's just me reading into what he said, he doesn't directly mention the Olympics. But I'm "guessing" that is what he is referring to.
    That has to be it. I mean, look at the reaction he got with they olympic injury. Now he is out for the year, just before playoffs? That is going to cause a stir to say the least.

Thread Information