Post Count
    It's just another hurdle.
    Hurdle?

Or road block?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am reading between the lines but I think he's saying it's time to rest and put this bad season away for him.

He also thinks people will talk about him now because of him playing in the Olympics even though everybody warned him not too.
    Has he been reading this forum because it's already started in some threads....:-) Seriously, I had to laugh to keep from crying......Manu is my favorite Spurs player.

I wish him the best and hope/pray that's he will get healthy and ready to go for 2010. He will make up for this year in 2010......I have confidence in him!
    Get well Manu!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Manu has a really bad injury and he communicates with his fans on facebook.

Mad props to him. Aside of being a great player, he is a damn nice guy.

I agree. I'm not into the social online networks (myspace, facebook) but I wouldn't mind posting a message of condolence and hope for a great 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    block for sure. Team is in re ed anyways with pops stupid in rotations. now we get to watch jacque vaughn and Ime udoka get like 15-20 minutes each. this and this whole season. Seriously get rid of manu dude his injuries and not being able to heal is a major drag on the rest of the players and he's just getting old. Sorry, love him, but time to move on for me. youth please! What a sad in season wow. in gay. I just want to know what the was going on all this time he's been sitting out??????? And all the sudden he plays a game, like a few damn games and its all the sudden way worse? WTF is wrong with the trainers and med staff? This doesnt make sense. Whatever, first round out. I just pray to God we don't fall to 8th seed and have to play the lakers first round because I can't stand all the tongue lashing id get in socal from all my bag friends. !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    block for sure. Team is in re ed anyways with pops stupid in rotations. now we get to watch jacque vaughn and Ime udoka get like 15-20 minutes each. this and this whole season. Seriously get rid of manu dude his injuries and not being able to heal is a major drag on the rest of the players and he's just getting old. Sorry, love him, but time to move on for me. youth please! What a sad in season wow. in gay. I just want to know what the was going on all this time he's been sitting out??????? And all the sudden he plays a game, like a few damn games and its all the sudden way worse? WTF is wrong with the trainers and med staff? This doesnt make sense. Whatever, first round out. I just pray to God we don't fall to 8th seed and have to play the lakers first round because I can't stand all the tongue lashing id get in socal from all my bag friends. !

Veteran ManuTim_best of Fwiendz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Olympics is a moot point since Hindsight is 20-20.

Manu is a warrior, he went with his instincts to play and his instincts were wrong. So be it. If he were a wimp, we wouldn't be dealing these problems, but we'd also have a boring ass player on our hands with no heart. He's not afraid of risking failure to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May be re ed but i just heard the news and am extremely pissed so IDC if its re ed. Really thought if pop got his head out of something, and timmy rested up a bit we could make a good run. Now, no sirreee.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually if you take a step back and look at it... you can see Pop was playing around with lineups and such to see what he does/doesn't have while waiting to see if it was going to matter or not (i.e., if Manu came back healthy or not).

Will be interesting to see the rotations the rest of the way.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Damn. The spurs did so well in holding the fort down thru the injuries and what not but this is a major blow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tim isn't going to damage himself for next season by playing this season, then the Spurs have to let him play and keep fighting. I know they won't win a le without Manu but I'd like to see them get to round two.
    I am sure the Spurs have come to count on the revenue from the play-offs, as well, and would like as many playoff games as possible as long as Tim's future health is not in jeopardy. Sadly, I doubt they will sell out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My wife is, shes the 1 telling me this!!!

There are 4:
    Stage I - Focal compression of the subchondral bone (bone beneath the cartilage)

Stage II - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with partial detachment of a fragment of cartilage

Stage III - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with a fully detached fragment of cartilage, still situated in place at the site of injury

Stage IV - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with a fully detached fragment of cartilage, detached from the site of injury and floating in the joint space

Calm down, I'm bothered by this too!
    Well, I am calm, it's just that my spouse is an MD and we live here in SA. My spouses colleagues give opinions to the Spurs medical staff when called upon. All I heard was laughter when I asked if Manu's fracture would take 12-18 months to heal. And, obvioulsy, my spouse was right, since it's sounding like Manu won't even need surgery just rest and rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I am calm, it's just that my spouse is an MD and we live here in SA. My spouses colleagues give opinions to the Spurs medical staff when called upon. All I heard was laughter when I asked if Manu's fracture would take 12-18 months to heal. And, obvioulsy, my spouse was right, since it's sounding like Manu won't even need surgery just rest and rehab.
    You're ruining ducks wet dream. Cut it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least you know the ship is going down at some point in the playoffs. I hope the Spurs are a royal pain in the ass for a few wannabe teams for at least a couple of rounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My wife is, shes the 1 telling me this!!!

There are 4:
    Stage I - Focal compression of the subchondral bone (bone beneath the cartilage)

Stage II - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with partial detachment of a fragment of cartilage

Stage III - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with a fully detached fragment of cartilage, still situated in place at the site of injury

Stage IV - Focal compression of the subchondral bone with a fully detached fragment of cartilage, detached from the site of injury and floating in the joint space

Calm down, I'm bothered by this too!
    Also, sorry about being so harsh to your 12-18 month guess on Manu's recovery time.

I thought you were a Laker fan until I read your avatar again. You're actually a Lakerhater. So, I am sure you were just giving your opinion and not trying to be a hater and making us feel bad with that long recovery time you posted. Also, since we're talking about grades 1-4 for the injury, I'm hopeful it's not the worst grade since they were keeping an eye on it and taking films pretty often. Peace.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Pop feel guilty for playing Manu so many minutes Friday?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said anything about surgery!!
    you just assumed!
    Anyway great Doctors, that give players false opinions just look what happend to Manu!!!
    It might not take that long, thats just a gauge! DAMN!
    For all we know it could take 12-18 weeks!!
    Then, then those docs can tell Manu its all good & he can go & try & play & end his career!
    Great, thanks to your "spouses colleagues"!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said anything about surgery!!
    you just assumed!
    Anyway great Doctors, that give players false opinions just look what happend to Manu!!!
    It might not take that long, thats just a gauge! DAMN!
    For all we know it could take 12-18 weeks!!
    Then, then those docs can tell Manu its all good & he can go & try & play & end his career!
    Great, thanks to your "spouses colleagues"!
    I guess you are as mentally challenged as I originally thought you were. Are you sure you're not a Laker fan? You sure seem happy about Manu's injury? Almost gloating.

Read my post dumbass, I said they give their opinions when called upon. You haven't heard of physicians asking for 2nd opinons?
    And, you say your spouse is an MD? LOL....

I'm done with your stupidity. I don't find any of Manu's injuries funny like you do. Remind not to try to be decent to assholes like you again because you sure as don't deserve it, so go yourself. And to try to blame Manu's injuries on the medical staff is a farce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, this was not what we needed now either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, at least the Spurs didn't sign Manu to a big extension last offseason. I hope he agrees to a good deal for the Spurs considering everything.

Someone tell me we're getting something this offseason (besides 'Gist!'). This has been a miserable season.

And of course I still hope the Spurs can somehow win it all this year; I'm a realist, however, and I don't see it happening.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    never expected season to end on a such bad note

A depressing season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no, so this injury-plagued season won't have a fairy-tale ending to it, I guess ...
    All the best for Manu; get well soon and come back next season. We need you man!

Thread Information