Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody remembers number 2. It's championship or nada, amigo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody but L.A.........nuff said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe others agree with you but I really don't care what happens outside of a championship. Winning Game 7 on the road last year against the Hornets was a great accomplishment and all ... but at the end of the day all that will be remembered is the Spurs beat the Lakers.

I could see the logic in going all out the rest of the way as long as Duncan's future health isn't in jeopardy. Risking any Duncan injury isn't worth 1,000 moral victories ... much less 8.
    I prefaced my statements with Tim's health. If he is healthy and there is no worsening, then you play hard. I can see why you feel the way you do about championships, I feel the same with regards to expectations (meaning we should always be in contention). But I do not believe every year you don't win it all is a failure. Name me one team in any sport no matter how good they are that wins every year.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    so,

anyone upset at Manu for the olympics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefaced my statements with Tim's health. If he is healthy and there is no worsening, then you play hard. I can see why you feel the way you do about championships, I feel the same with regards to expectations (meaning we should always be in contention). But I do not believe every year you don't win it all is a failure. Name me one team in any sport no matter how good they are that wins every year.
    This is how I feel about it. If Tim isn't going to damage himself for next season by playing this season, then the Spurs have to let him play and keep fighting. I know they won't win a le without Manu but I'd like to see them get to round two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so,

You came kinda late to troll...

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    troll?

I wish the Spurs won the WCF, i still wish they do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    troll?

I wish the Spurs won the WCF, i still wish they do
    Then why bring the olympics, considering this is another injury altogether?

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Manu should have been resting, that why.

make everything worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this is just a weird ending to the story of the 2008-09 Spurs season. At least with TD in 2000, Spurs fans were hopeful each game that it could be Duncan's return. When's the last time the Spurs saw their season end during the regular season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is devastating. But I honestly feel they can win in the first round, then be at least compe ive in the 2nd. I would be happy with that. I would be thrilled beyond all expectations if they somehow made it to the WCF. I just want a shot at the Lakers no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu should have been resting, that why.

make everything worse.
    I guess this thread was not enough.
    You obviously have your mind set, even though you have zero evidence to support what you said. So, you go ahead and think whatever you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw the news coverage- such sad and disappointing news!

I can only imagine how hard MG is taking this setback. I feel for him and Spurs team who will greatly miss him.

But more important than any play off run, is the guys' health.
    I am glad they caught this in Manu before he endured some serious injury as a result.

Get well MG. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool he'll be healthy to play for argentna this summer but not for the trleam he earns his living. Wouldn't shock me a bit.
    someone posted 12-18 months not summer

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, this is just a weird ending to the story of the 2008-09 Spurs season. At least with TD in 2000, Spurs fans were hopeful each game that it could be Duncan's return. When's the last time the Spurs saw their season end during the regular season?
    Just as long as Pop's idea of going down with a fight doesn't involve heavy minutes for Oberto, Finley, and Vaughn.

I don't care who we play, I want to see guys like Mason, Hill, Hairston, etc. getting extensive run.

Can't Start Threads Kill_Bill_Pana's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so,

No. I have been Manu's fan from before he even played with Spurs. I have been his fan since he was in Italy. And I was always liking Spurs in NBA and when he came to them I was wanting to follow Spurs. Even as I watched Duncan and Popovich more I can only respect them and Spurs became a favorite team for me in NBA.

And I understand why Manu wanted to play in Olympics for Argentina. So I am not made for what he has done and given as a player. But still he should have never play in those Olympics. Never was he healthy. Believe me I know this because I was watching Argentina-Greece game very close. And Manu was hurt during this game. I am not sure but I think it was Vasilopoulos that he hurt his ankle on.

It was at very end of game and did not bother him because he was still warm but after game it hurt him. This was bad sign after he try come back early from ankle injury before to play in Olimpia.

And then as I know this injury well from playing. This is injury that he have no is caused by the player over using his certain part of leg. This is exact injury is cause by playing too much when you are injured. It is like pounding your hand into basketball court when your finger is swollen. It may break.

At Manu's age this is very bad sign. Almost impossible he will ever be same as he was before. So very last time real Manu will have ever play was in Greece Argentina game. And he help beat us once again

Anyway I am not mad at him but for his own career it was very stupid thing. He should have never. Argentina is official out of top teams along with Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why bring the olympics, considering this is another injury altogether?
    You are wrong. I assure you the injury he get in Olympics has relation to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are wrong. I assure you the injury he get in Olympics has relation to this.
    You *could* argue it's overcompensation. But there's no actual medical proof that it was. As far as we know, his left ankle healed just fine after surgery, and he just had this stress thing going in his right one. There's no actual proof there's any correlation between the two.
    And why guess? We'll know sooner or later which was it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as long as Pop's idea of going down with a fight doesn't involve heavy minutes for Oberto, Finley, and Vaughn.

I don't care who we play, I want to see guys like Mason, Hill, Hairston, etc. getting extensive run.
    Heavy minutes for Finley is going to happen. Oberto, when contributing, can be an asset. Let's just hope Vaughn's burn is minimal...let's just hope its Hill and not Mason playing the majority of the minutes at backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The..... end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You *could* argue it's overcompensation. But there's no actual medical proof that it was. As far as we know, his left ankle healed just fine after surgery, and he just had this stress thing going in his right one. There's no actual proof there's any correlation between the two.
    And why guess? We'll know sooner or later which was it.
    Yes there is. When I was in playing or coaching this is very common injury. The way you know for sure is that it is other leg. I see many posts here make fun of people because it is other leg and say it is different injury. But this is wrong this is exact way this injury works. It will be OTHER LEG because it is over use of the good leg pounding into wood court on concrete that causes this.

And it is simple thing from over use. So the way this is to be prevented is to not play after such injuries or surgeries. Which would mean not play in Olympics. Then he got another injury in Greece game and this is all. By playing again after this to come back to Spurs season he was hurting OTHER LEG with overuse. This is exact how this happens. It is very common thing with players.

If he would have sat all summer this would not have happened. I am not mad at Manu I am always his fan forever. It was just stupid thing he did. But I understand why he wants to play for his country.

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was a complete ass for playing in the Olympics. That's my opinion. He was hobbled in the playoffs against the Lakers last year and that pretty much cost us the chance to really compete.

Then, instead of taking the summer off to heal, he goes and plays in the Olympics and guess what, gets injured again. As anyone with a brain knows, when you're injured, you significantly raise the probability of further injury. If you hurt your left knee and play on it, you raise the chance of hurting that knee AND/OR the right knee. Same with ankles.

If he'd been healthy in the playoffs, and healthy going into the Olympics, I still wouldn't have been thrilled, because of his age and style of play. And also because the dude already had a Gold Medal.

So, you know, I've loved Manu a lot of the time, and he helped us get some Championships, but the truth of the matter is he's possibly cost us several more.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm piling on, but I'm just really disappointed and really pissed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    end of what
    being a spur fan?
    I THINK NOT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes there is. When I was in playing or coaching this is very common injury.

Thread Information