Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's pitiful that there's actually Spurs fans relishing in delight at Manu being done for the season, just so they can say, "I was right; Manu is always injured."

Sick.

I have already deleted a bunch of horrible things that were being said by Laker trolls, but we don't need Spurs fans loving Manu being done for the year too.
    people want les and when the same player blows it against dallas with his stupid foul
    then gets hurt against the lakers
    and now gets hurt this year
    3 years in the row he blows it
    IT GETS OLD

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He did what he wanted to do for himself"

bull . He wanted to represent his country, where he is a national hero, not let his national team down, where is the natural leader.
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not amazing...it's typical ducks. Anything related to Manu he has some negative comment, how he calls himself a Spurs fan and not just a Tony fan is beyond me.
    I posted on spurs forum before tp played for the spurs
    did you post here before spurs drafted manu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people want les and when the same player blows it against dallas with his stupid foul
    IT GETS OLD
    You are ridiculous. We wouldn't even have a shot at championships without the help of Manu. I'm pretty sure every player makes mistakes. Get off the ing meds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IT GETS OLD
    Bull . 99+% of your posts about Manu are negative.

IT GETS OLD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been a ty week. With a 12 month recovery time, that would be two manu-less seasons. Manu's been my favorite player over the years, really blows to see this happening with the possibility that it sticks with him his entire career. I really don't care how the season plays out now, as long as the effort is there to play compe ive.
    No authority has said its a 12 month recovery time. Just someone here posted that about the marrow edema.

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear about Manu, guys.

Since my Suns are pretty much ousted from the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the San Antonio Spurs this upcoming postseason. Manu's out, so I'll cheer harder in his absence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible news. Such a sad way for the season to end. I have to digest this move more but I'm not totally against quietly getting out of the playoffs as soon as possible. There's just no way to win a championship without Manu. Even with Manu at 100%, the Spurs faced an up hill climb.

This really sucks for the Spurs and Manu. Regarding Manu, I just hope that he can get back to 100%. I understand a little bit of anger towards him because he knew what he was jeopardizing when he decided to play for Argentina (most notably money and the Spurs upcoming season) but that same heart and determination that forced him to play for Argentina are the same aspects that make him one of the greatest winners in basketball in the last quarter century. As has been the case with Manu since he arrived, the Spurs either win or lose with Manu. The rest of the team is obviously important but he's been the ultimate x-factor.

Like FWD said, this is just like a repeat of the 2000 season. The Spurs struggled through the regular season as they were trying to wait for all their pieces to get healthy and then just when it looks like they can make a push, one final injury dooms the season.

I haven't even started to think where the Spurs go from here. The realization that the ride is over before it even began is depressing.

Sorry, Spurs fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are ridiculous. We wouldn't even have a shot at championships without the help of Manu. I'm pretty sure every player makes mistakes. Get off the ing meds.
    ofcourse he helped get the spurs there before
    has not helped much at all this year

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted on spurs forum before tp played for the spurs
    did you post here before spurs drafted manu?
    Did I have to post here at ST to be a Spursfan before Manu? Was that a requirement or something? Look, when you started posting doesn't really concern me. You're continued HATE of anything have to do with Manu is what concerns me.

Manu is my favorite player yes, but I LOVE the Spurs. I would be heartbroken if anything like this happened to Timmy, Tony, Bruce, etc. It's about being a fan of the TEAM...you may dislike some players on your team, but you don't show HATE like you do ALL THE TIME.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull . 99+% of your posts about Manu are negative.

IT GETS OLD.
    injuries are negative sorry

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, & edema is often caused following the injury!
    This usaually takes 12-18 mos. to heal!
    1.5 years to recover from a stress fracture??? are you serious?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your Manu posts are sorry negatives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should really probably step out of this thread. We get it. You are happy Manu is injured. We get it. You hate Manu.

That's enough.

Truth, justice, and the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not ready to give up on them yet. They were a Manu away from the NBA Finals and I'd say le last year, this year they have more depth. I think it's Mason and Gooden's time to shine now.

The one thing about Manu being out is now the pressure is lifted - if they don't make it they can attribute it to no Manu, but they have the talent to persevere if the talent shows up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should really probably step out of this thread. We get it. You are happy Manu is injured. We get it. You hate Manu.

That's enough.
    Thank you!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kori,
    Please ban that idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm studying for an upcoming exam, but I'm depressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I woke up from nap turned on ESPN to find out about the final 4 and saw on the bottom breaking news..

Manu done for the season.

I hoped my eyes played tricks on me, but alas to no avail.

Damn.

Stress fractures aren't something that happen suddenly, they result from prolonged pressure in an a specific area which after time causes a fracture, the pipe bursts.

Coming back from that left ankle injury Manu compensated too much with his right. It took the brunt of the force incurred from his basketball movements. Really a shame.

I wonder if it was truly necessary to bring him back before the All-Star game. You'd think the medical staff would have factored this scenario in. But knowing Manu he might have been saying he was ready without it being true.

Players of Manu's mold feel tremendous pressure to perform, step up, play through injury, etc. Especially with the surrounding hoopla, you know Manu deep down felt the need to justify his actions over the summer, return and play amazing right away.

Had he been given 2 months to fully recover from the injury before resuming basketball this subsequent injury doesn't happen.

The Spurs might have been able to tread water without him and still make the playoffs.

Of course if Manu had forgone the Olympics... even so, Manu rolled the dice and came up snake eyes.

It's going to be awfully tough from here on out.

I don't believe this is a degenerative condition. They need to remove what's loose in there, give him an extended rest, and hopefully he comes back with both his ankles right ready for next season.

I'm pretty bummed right now as are most fans but ing about the situation won't help.

So I'm off to eat a sumptuous dinner then catch the Final 4 with some amigos. I'm sure some shots are bound to happen.

Tomorrow is another day, be healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . This ing sucks.

Manu is just too damn beat up from all of the ball he's played over the years. I don't seem him ever being that special and weird "manu" again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone have a link to how the stress reaction and later fracture of the right leg was spawned by Manu's left ankle problem last year and during the Olympics???
    From what I've heard, they are possibly connected due to both overcompensation and the fact that a shift in his balance and positioning can change where the pressure lands when he's moving/running/jumping on the court.

To me, just watching him in the weeks following his first return, he was running with a little bit of a wobble. That wobble evidently led to a shift in location of his shock absorption on the other leg. Thus the added stress, the reaction and then the ultimate fracture.

I'm not sure if we'll get official confirmation from the Spurs but that's what I was hearing around the time of his stress reaction diagnosis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ofcourse he helped get the spurs there before
    has not helped much at all this year
    you ducks! stupid piece of

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Really sad, Manu is one of my favorite players and the Spurs are my second favorite team. After seeing what a ty season the Pistons had I had all my hope placed on the Spurs pulling this one. They'll still be the team to cheer for in the playoffs.

everyone hating on Manu for being the warrior he always has been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should of let the ankle heal in the summer instead of playing in the ing olympics. Thats all he needed after surgery, was to stay off it all summer long instead of making it a residual injury.

He let us down this time...

Thread Information