Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The front office is the medical staff? That explains so much...
    and the med staff clearly caused Manu's problem how? Now random people on a message board are medical experts too?

the speculation on Manu's career somehow being over by some on here tonight is funny enough (despite nothing to base that on at this point) but now there is hard evidence the medical staff ed this up?

injuries happen

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    12-18 months of recovery time? So he's not even available for next season or the playoffs then.

If that doesn't sound like a career ending injury then I don't know what is.

kick rocks
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    definitely a kick in the balls moment. As much as it pains me to dump on Argentina, I really hope they watched every minute of Olympic Basketball that had Manu in it because this man sacrificed everything, I know I appreciate everything he's done in a Spurs uniform.

With that said I will not abandon the troops, we're all here until the end baby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He did what he wanted to do for himself"

bull . He wanted to represent his country, where he is a national hero, not let his national team down, where is the natural leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hummm

they would cost money
    and also cost big headache and maybe a dui

smart to do
    Do you ever spend money? Everything cost money. Do you ever go out? Have you heard of a taxi? Have you heard of having a few drinks and not getting hammered? Tony Parker drinks too you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically the team doctors didn't know wtf they were talking about or how to rehabilitate his stress reaction or they brought him back to soon? Which one? I mean it's a full blown fracture now? Something unusual happened here. !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manu haters coming out of the woodwork now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you ever spend money? Everything cost money. Do you ever go out? Have you heard of a taxi? Have you heard of having a few drinks and not getting hammered? Tony Parker drinks too you know.
    I do not get drunk on manu being injured
    I am already used to it

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's amazing is how much ducks seems to be enjoying it. Not sure why a non-Spurs fan would spend so much time on a Spurs board, but hey, we all know he's an idiot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a pussy move to log onto a proxy server just to post trash.
    no its a pussy move to try to ban people for sharing their views

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor guy. I know how much not being out on the court bothers him. Hope his body heals up, and I up he doesn't suffer any kind of mental hang ups over this. Get well buddy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not get drunk on manu being injured
    I am already used to it
    It was called a joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well son of a .

this is truly an unfortunate event and goodbye season basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I'm not sure how many fans here would be ragging on Duncan if he had played for our country. Anyways. what's done is done. I'm just hopeful he can be 100% Manu again. Let's see what the recovery time really is going to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *sigh* FVCK, SH!T, FVCK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoy the spurs
    I have gone to spurs games in az
    I have spurs hate on now
    I have wallpaper of the admiral on my computer
    I am a spurs fan not a manu fan
    you are a manu fan not spurs fan

Never say die!!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FU all manu haters.....give the guy a break. Good luck to Manu on his recovery...nothing is more important than his health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone have a link to how the stress reaction and later fracture of the right leg was spawned by Manu's left ankle problem last year and during the Olympics???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's amazing is how much ducks seems to be enjoying it. .
    Yeah it's pitiful that there's actually Spurs fans relishing in delight at Manu being done for the season, just so they can say, "I was right; Manu is always injured."

Sick.

I have already deleted a bunch of horrible things that were being said by Laker trolls, but we don't need Spurs fans loving Manu being done for the year too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only positive for me is this: In the past several seasons, when the Spurs didn't win, they would lose in either the semi's or WCF. I would be dejected for so long that by the time I got over it, the Finals were finished, and I never had a chance to watch.

Now it's looking like a surefire 1 and done, so I should be mentally right for the Finals. Just in time to watch the Lakers lose in the Finals for the 3rd time in 6 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a sorry way to end the season !

Unless some people can prove that playing in the Olympics worsened what he presently has, then the Olympics are not relevant.

As Manu's playing career indicates that he does not frequently miss long stretches of games, it is short-sighted and churlish to attack him now and say that he can no longer be a valuable member of the Spurs.

Playing Timmy when Timmy is hurt and not capable of carrying the team (witness his 2 for 7 shooting game against the Cavs as well as so many poor games [due to injury not anything else]) during the playoffs seems short-sighted as well.

In addition, demanding to trade him in the near term is also dumb because the Spurs would not come close to acquiring equal value due to perceived lessened value due to the current Manu injury situation. If he isn't well, he won't be able to contribute significantly to our team. But he wouldn't bring much in trade value. And if he is able to return healthy next season, then he would be worth much more than we would ever get for him. So, trading him or trying to trade him now is a high risk / low reward scenario and thus, doesn't make sense.

Kicking him while he is down after he played his heart out for us and was essential to 3 of our championships is classless.

Spurs season is done now. That's just the reality. It doesn't mean that I will stop cheering for them this season. I won't stop cheering for them this season. However, I am realistic. We have no shot at winning a championship now.

I hope that the 12 to 18 month recovery time is not applicable to Manu's current injury.I will have to wait for better/ more reliable information before I can really believe that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone have a link to how the stress reaction and later fracture of the right leg was spawned by Manu's left ankle problem last year and during the Olympics???
    Some people are still convinced it's the same leg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's amazing is how much ducks seems to be enjoying it. Not sure why a non-Spurs fan would spend so much time on a Spurs board, but hey, we all know he's an idiot.
    It's not amazing...it's typical ducks. Anything related to Manu he has some negative comment, how he calls himself a Spurs fan and not just a Tony fan is beyond me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoy the spurs
    I have gone to spurs games in az
    I have spurs hate on now
    I have wallpaper of the admiral on my computer
    I am a spurs fan not a manu fan
    you are a manu fan not spurs fan
    i am happy when spurs players get hurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been a ty week. With a 12 month recovery time, that would be two manu-less seasons. Manu's been my favorite player over the years, really blows to see this happening with the possibility that it sticks with him his entire career. I really don't care how the season plays out now, as long as the effort is there to play compe ive.

Thread Information