Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Warder to the Maiden Fair Yorae's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The true level of an NBA team appears only on playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's look at our games vs. .500 teams..I hope people actually read this post.

vs. Phoenix..lost by 1 possession where Timmy missed a 3(we should have took a timeout, but whatever)..we were missing Manu..compe ive? clearly..

vs. Portland..lost by Finley missing a wide open 15-footer at the buzzer..we were missing Manu..compe ive? clearly..

vs. Dallas..blowout..we were missing Manu, but we just got blown out here..compe ive? no..

vs. Miami..blowout..we were missing Ginobili and that's when TP got injured in the 1st quarter..compe ive? no..

vs. Houston..win without Parker and Ginobili..impressive as ..compe ive? clearly, we won..

vs. Denver..lost handily..no Parker and Ginobili..compe ive? no..

vs. Utah..blowout win without Parker and Ginobili..compe ive? yes..

vs. Houston..blowout loss..Parker and Ginobili in only their 2nd game back..compe ive? no..

vs. Detroit..loss..we had control for 3 quarters, but lost it in the 4th..Manu and Parker's 3rd game back..compe ive? yes..

vs. Denver..blowout win..

vs. Dallas..OT win..

vs. Atlanta..win..

vs. New Orleans..loss..we had control for 3 and a half quarters, despite our shooters missing wide open shots all night..Hornets take lead when David West makes 2 3's to take the lead..compe ive..

vs. Orlando..blowout loss on a back to back where the team got in at 3AM after a tough game in New Orleans..

vs. Phoenix..buzzer beater win..

vs. Miami win..

vs. Orlando..loss by 1 possession where Tony Parker missed 2 chip shots he usually makes..Magic shoot 70% from 3's, and get tremendous help from the officiating..clearly compe ive..

so looking at these 17 games..let's eliminate the losses without Ginobili and/or Parker, since that's clearly the smart thing to do..that would put us at 7-5..not great, but not bad..then consider the losses outside of those..choke jobs against Detroit and New Orleans, where we were clearly compe ive and SHOULD have won..a virtually impossible game to win vs. Orlando..the other Orlando game being seriously altered by the officials..

when you consider the cir stances, it really doesn't sound that bad..most real Spurs fans know this though..nobody is saying our team is on the elite level, we definitely aren't at this point..but we can compete with the better teams..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Olrando didn't shoot the lights out on three they could not have won this one. If we could lose to scrub teams, we could lose to good teams too,right?

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please don't ###### up this thread. Thank you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he mean by that? Surely that wasn't a racist comment was it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah its the truth but the blind spurs homers here wont wanna hear it.

we're barely compe ive with scrub teams. lol

unless we get another great player on the team, we arent winning this year.
    After all, the Spurs had no chance of winning the le in 2007, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pe ion the rest of this thread to call for the bannination of de Soto.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's look at our games vs. .500 teams..I hope people actually read this post.

vs. Phoenix..lost by 1 possession where Timmy missed a 3(we should have took a timeout, but whatever)..we were missing Manu..compe ive? clearly..

vs. Portland..lost by Finley missing a wide open 15-footer at the buzzer..we were missing Manu..compe ive? clearly..

vs. Dallas..blowout..we were missing Manu, but we just got blown out here..compe ive? no..

vs. Miami..blowout..we were missing Ginobili and that's when TP got injured in the 1st quarter..compe ive? no..

vs. Houston..win without Parker and Ginobili..impressive as ..compe ive? clearly, we won..

vs. Denver..lost handily..no Parker and Ginobili..compe ive? no..

vs. Utah..blowout win without Parker and Ginobili..compe ive? yes..

vs. Houston..blowout loss..Parker and Ginobili in only their 2nd game back..compe ive? no..

vs. Detroit..loss..we had control for 3 quarters, but lost it in the 4th..Manu and Parker's 3rd game back..compe ive? yes..

vs. Denver..blowout win..

vs. Dallas..OT win..

vs. Atlanta..win..

vs. New Orleans..loss..we had control for 3 and a half quarters, despite our shooters missing wide open shots all night..Hornets take lead when David West makes 2 3's to take the lead..compe ive..

vs. Orlando..blowout loss on a back to back where the team got in at 3AM after a tough game in New Orleans..

vs. Phoenix..buzzer beater win..

vs. Miami win..

vs. Orlando..loss by 1 possession where Tony Parker missed 2 chip shots he usually makes..Magic shoot 70% from 3's, and get tremendous help from the officiating..clearly compe ive..

so looking at these 17 games..let's eliminate the losses without Ginobili and/or Parker, since that's clearly the smart thing to do..that would put us at 7-5..not great, but not bad..then consider the losses outside of those..choke jobs against Detroit and New Orleans, where we were clearly compe ive and SHOULD have won..a virtually impossible game to win vs. Orlando..the other Orlando game being seriously altered by the officials..

when you consider the cir stances, it really doesn't sound that bad..most real Spurs fans know this though..nobody is saying our team is on the elite level, we definitely aren't at this point..but we can compete with the better teams..

If you eliminate the losses without Parker and Ginobili you have to eliminate the wins without them also. You cannot pick and choose which variables to drop to make it look the way you want it to look. Also if you consider dropping the close loses as games that they could have won then you also have to consider the close wins as games they could have lost.

Overall the spurs do not look like an elite championship caliber team so far. they have struggled against almost everyone and they have not done well overall against the better teams.

The front court is just too weak.

Can the spurs compete (in a sense of giving a hard fought effort) with the better teams Yes. Can they win a le with this team No.

The spurs overall record is inflated because of their weak schedule so far.
    It will start to come back down to reality when the schedule gets tougher and as the season moves on then everyone will get a better read of how good they are.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pe ion the rest of this thread to call for the bannination of de Soto.
    We should ban you. Because you don't agree with him ban him?
    Go and cry.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After all, the Spurs had no chance of winning the le in 2007, right?
    This is 2009. Stop living in the past. There has been many changes in the league since 2007.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Can the spurs compete (in a sense of giving a hard fought effort) with the better teams Yes. Can they win a le with this team No.

The spurs overall record is inflated because of their weak schedule so far.
    It will start to come back down to reality when the schedule gets tougher and as the season moves on then everyone will get a better read of how good they are.
    That's what I was saying in my article. (Great minds think alike).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is 2009. Stop living in the past. There has been many changes in the league since 2007.
    I was referring to the nimrod's proclamation that the Spurs were dead and buried then, yet still won the le.

Just showing others how much stock they should take in his opinions.

And your defense of his stupidity still makes me .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks just whooped new orleans ass. Too bad celtics still managed to win in OT against the raptors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does boston look like le contenders right now
    spurs will look like it in march still jan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a photo to commemorate the loss

West: Eww, this ball looks so dirty, I won't play with this !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's CP3 and Harrington "sizing" up each other

Al: What the , why the is your's so small?
    Chris: OOOOh that's a big one you got there!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you eliminate the losses without Parker and Ginobili you have to eliminate the wins without them also. You cannot pick and choose which variables to drop to make it look the way you want it to look. Also if you consider dropping the close loses as games that they could have won then you also have to consider the close wins as games they could have lost.
    no, it doesn't work that way..

the fact that we won without Parker and Ginobili vs. Houston and Utah proves we can beat elite teams either way..there's no reason to think we wouldn't have won those games if our 2nd and 3rd best players were in the lineup..

it doesn't work that way..

also, the fact that we barely beat some teams is irrelevant, because the question was whether or not we can compete with the top teams..a close game is competing either way, and obviously when you win it's the same..

the fact that we've been compe ive in most of the games vs. elite teams despite the injuries, and the fact that these games have been in December/January(where we usually don't care) shows that we have room to grow..

Overall the spurs do not look like an elite championship caliber team so far. they have struggled against almost everyone and they have not done well overall against the better teams.
    like I said..we aren't elite..but I've clearly proved we can compete with better teams..and LOL @ "struggled against almost everyone"..you're an idiot..

The spurs overall record is inflated because of their weak schedule so far.It will start to come back down to reality when the schedule gets tougher and as the season moves on then everyone will get a better read of how good they are.
    poor argument, considering we were missing our 2nd and 3rd best player for a long time..are you saying that Boston would continue to play well without Pierce and Allen? LA without Gasol and Bynum? Cleveland without Williams and Z?..

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Yes I know the Spurs are old and done. Every year is the same story yet they are always there in the end. Just ask New Orleans and Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go and cry.
    Please don't ###### up this thread. Thank you.
    How about you read the thread so you know what you're talking about instead of just being a ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a better gauge of the Spurs will come during the Rodeo Road Trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's CP3 and Harrington "sizing" up each other

Al: What the , why the is your's so small?
    Chris: OOOOh that's a big one you got there!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go and cry.
    I think he should be banned for his racism. Not his basketball opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm so sick and tired of this emo threads. Chill people, if we face the Magic in the Finals we'd probably sweep them like we did with the Cavs two years ago.

No . That's ok. Kori has been doing a fine job of closing these dumbass threads.

Scarlett our Goddess4ever
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I hate to say it but the truth tells us everything even if no one says it. The spurs are not as good as they were, now even the rockets and hornets are considered better than them. Their four rings have become history and now the only way in front them is just to rebuild their stained team. It's better to rebuild a team before it totally collapse than after acquiring the worst stats of the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs are not as good as they were, now even the rockets and hornets are considered better than them.

Thread Information