Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...the Spurs are not compe ive with the best teams in NBA at this moment. Orlando won too easily regardless of the score.

Lets hope things turn around for the Spurs toward the end of the season.

I refuse to act with common decency Jayem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah its the truth but the blind spurs homers here wont wanna hear it.

we're barely compe ive with scrub teams. lol

unless we get another great player on the team, we arent winning this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to give props to Orlando for thier 3pt shooting. They hit over 60% which will not happen very often. They shoot their average and the Spurs win this one even with some of those questionable calls - Howard's obvious charge oagainst Manu and the phatom foul that gave R. Lewis 3 FTs. That's 5pts right there they shouldn't have had but as Sean said - there are nights like these. The Spurs have had these types of nights, too. All NBA teams have.

In this game we were the bug and the Magic was the windshield.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic...14-22 from 3. Spurs...3-13 from 3...and we were in the game the whole game and had a chance win it late.

You say the Spurs are not a compe ive team...that tells me you are not a compe ive poster.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...and we were in the game the whole game and had a chance win it late.
    Total BS. Orlando was toying with the Spurs and easily pulled ahead when it counted.

You say the Spurs are not a compe ive team...that tells me you are not a compe ive poster.
    That's much better than an obtuse poster with his head buried deep in his own anus. There are too many of them in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night's game was compe ive and we were playing one the NBA's elite teams.

What was the point of the OP again?

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gave one of the best teams everything they can handle on one of thier best performances of the season.

They played nearly flawlessly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total BS. Orlando was toying with the Spurs and easily pulled ahead when it counted.
    No they weren't. As stated before - any team that shoots over 60% - 14 of 22 - from the 3 pt line and will win most of those games. The Spurs held their own in all the other stat categories. Orlando shoots their average and the Spurs win but 8 - 10 pts. Throw in those questionable calls mention earlier and it's a 15 - 20 pt W.

Orlando played great and deserves the win - the Spurs perimeter D was slow to nonexistent all night. Those 3pt shots by Orlando were virtually uncontested.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Is that why we beat them in almost every statistical category except three point shooting? Two wide open, point blank misses by Parker and a defensive lapse by Mason gave them the final lead. Facts to back up your "toying" claim please.
    That's much better than an obtuse poster with his head buried deep in his own anus. There are too many of them in here.
    The funny thing is your statements make you look like the exact same thing that you are claiming I am except on the opposite end of the spectrum. Could we win it all if the playoffs started today? Probably not. Will we be there by the end of the season? I think we will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me a ing break... we could have won this game, it's not like we got blown out. Things didn't go our way. It's early January. Get over it.

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should alert the league to this. I've never heard of team purposefully not playing up to their potential to "toy" with the opposition. Man, bombs right there. Maybe some point shaving going on?

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried too much, since Orlando won with a freakish 3pt %.

But the weakness in post players continues to be a problem. Oberto, Bonner and Thomas are not good enough. We need another post player who is starter quality. We all know none of those guys would start on any other team in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic...14-22 from 3. Spurs...3-13 from 3...and we were in the game the whole game and had a chance win it late.

nice its not everyday that the magic will make 14 3 pointers i thought we played well and showed alot of people we can compete now if e lost by over 10 i think u should make this stupid post but we were winning at some points of the game orlando has that starting lineup for a couple of years and the spurs have there new lineup since this year

when is ginobili going to show up?

why dosent roger mason dont show up till the critical parts of games and not during the whole game?

wednesday is a must win

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to say it but...
    People claim they hate it but they really love making threads like this.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando won too easily regardless of the score.
    Orlando was out-rebounded, turned the ball over more and shot the ball worse from the field, and the game was within 5 points for almost all 48 minutes... but yeah, other than that, easy win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=de Soto;3021820]Total BS. Orlando was toying with the Spurs and easily pulled ahead when it counted.

Now that's a BS statement. it was compe ive the entire time but to Orlando's credit and regardless of the reffing, they made the big crunch time plays and Parker missed two easy shots at the end. Nelson was hitting 3's in Parker's face and was playing like he had something to prove.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we make a couple of misses and not screw up on a couple rotations this thread we'd be the champs right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its hard to beat a team that shoots 60%..

Thank you, Tim Duncan! peskypesky's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought last nights game was quite compe ive. Just bad luck is all. Not very often a team shoots 63% from 3.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oberto, Bonner and Thomas are not good enough. We need another post player who is starter quality. We all know none of those guys would start on any other team in the league.
    I tend to agree with you.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bad luck is all.
    There is no such thing as luck in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    signs Mr Thread psychologist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree with you.
    me too we need camby

Thread Information