Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ok, and Portland laughs and hangs up the phone.
    My thoughts EXACTLY i would consider more Bayless and Batum or Outlaw
    Not any 3 and no way I get rid of Fernandez he does have some Manu like qualities ...

Portland will NOT be able to keep all these guys my guess if im Portland the interest is in acquiring a PG to lead them but here is the problem parker's strength does not work with Roy or Oden beacuse his strength is pick n roll and driving the lane Roy would have the ball less and oden is no Dunca in pnr if i was defending pnr with Oden and Parker i congest the lane cuz Oden cant hit that shot ...Tim makes it deadly cuz he has range ...

If im Blazers I build around Roy, Aldrige, Oden, Batum and determine if Bayless is a true point if he is...I would trade Outlaw & draft picks (great mid-range athleticism and do they need anymore young talent?) for a veteran gaurd

If he is not I package both guys and draft picks to get the best pg i could make somone an offer they COULD not refuse and i still would have the 1st 5 and Webster to build around Blazers are DEEEEP!!! just too young ...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was the player the spurs needed to trade.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Batum, Bayless, Blake and Frye.

Four guys who have amounted to jack in the NBA, for a top 15 NBA player and a Finals MVP and 3 time Champion.

Spurs wouldnt do that. You have to throw in a guy who is a proven commodity, despite all the potential you may be getting.

Batum + Outlaw + Bayless
    LOL no way i do this UNLESS I know im losing 2 of the 3 anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont start jumping ship hahaha

there is still a load a basketball left...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    If we take Parker can we leave Eva there?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If we take Parker can we leave Eva there?
    Im not a HUGE fan either i was on a plane with her from LA to SA she is attractive but WAAYYY better chicks in LA, NYC and chicago and in TEX non celebrity hot chicks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im not a HUGE fan either i was on a plane with her from LA to SA she is attractive but WAAYYY better chicks in LA, NYC and chicago and in TEX non celebrity hot chicks
    how do you know they are better then her
    do you know them?
    their is more then looks you know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade parker,duncan and manu for lebron!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with you people ?
    In 3 games TP averaged 26 pts for 34,8 mpg at .534 fg% with 6,3 assists! He is the third best scorer after 3 games and he has the same points per minute ratio than kobe 0,75. Sorry but right now I'm very happy with his performance, I don't understand the trade Parker thread, the Parker needs to setp up and all the complaining of some of you.
    What do you expect from him ? that Tony be the next MVP of the regular season ? sorry it won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do you know they are better then her
    do you know them?
    their is more then looks you know
    shut up already... eva is mediocre. your everyday run of the mill hispanic chick. nothing special.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I've got a consensus on the Blazer board and here is the proposal.

We will give you Nicolas Batum, Jerryd Bayless, and Travis Outlaw for Tony Parker.

and Eva stays in San Antonio

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd shop ginobilli before parker.
    +1

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu was the player the spurs needed to trade.
    +1

ian is our savior Magic_Johnson's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with you people ?
    In 3 games TP averaged 26 pts for 34,8 mpg at .534 fg% with 6,3 assists! He is the third best scorer after 3 games and he has the same points per minute ratio than kobe 0,75. Sorry but right now I'm very happy with his performance, I don't understand the trade Parker thread, the Parker needs to setp up and all the complaining of some of you.
    What do you expect from him ? that Tony be the next MVP of the regular season ? sorry it won't happen.
    what he said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up already... eva is mediocre. your everyday run of the mill hispanic chick. nothing special.
    better then any chick you will get

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    theres no way in portland would give up rudy nick and travis for tony parker.. maybe if you guys threw in a stud like bonner it would happen.... in all honesty i could see nick, travis and bayless or blake for tony but thats after webster is back

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade him only for Paul...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Parker is not going to be better in the future.He's not like Duncan or Manu.He doesn't have the same talent.Speed and quickness are his better skills and these skills are not going to improve with age.Maybe he's not much better shooter than when he was 22-23 and I'm not sure if he knows better the game than when he was young.
    Obviously we were better team with Manu at point last year when Parker was injured than now without Manu

Trade Parker could be great right now to be in the top again at least 2-3 years more.In the future with an older TD and Manu there is not important if Parker still playing in the team because we will be lottery team.Parker is not Lebron James or Kobe Bryant to built a team around him.

But if I trade Parker right now we could add more bench or some young players to be a better team
    Wiht POR -Roy and Aldridge for Parker,Oberto,Udoka?
    With IND -Granger,Ford,Foster for Parker,Oberto??
    With CHI -Gordon,Hinrich,Nocioni for Parker,Mason??
    With NJ -Harris,Brook Lopez for Parker??
    with PHI -Dalembert,Andre miller for Parker??
    with PHI -Green,Iguodala for Parker??

Of course that's only fantasy and we never trade Parker.But I believe that we could be better team with some of this trades than with Parker.

Really I don't want to trade Parker but right now it's the only player of the roster that we could trade to get some good players and right now we need a lot to win the NBA.TD is the best of the world to me and Manu is amazing but I'm not sure if we could get the same for them than for Parker because they are old
    I agree with you, Tony Parker's a damn good player, but he's not a reliable player when it comes to being a team leader and building a team around him. Although that being the case, one of the reasons why I think that this trade is possible is because portland's a young team, and they're willing to give up some sacrifices in order to obtain an experienced playoff player to propel them into the next level. Portland is trading away 3 players (Nicolas, Rudy & Outlaw) with all potential compared to a finals MVP player in Tony Parker. I was just thinking about it last night... and this might be wishful thinking but if we're able to pull this trade off and don't do so hot this season we might be able to acquire a lottery pick and be back in the game in no time. I know that Tim Duncan and Ginobili's in their primes, but rebuilding is a part of a team and it's something we have to do sooner or later...
    Last edited by sexinthatsx; 11-05-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Parker is not going to be better in the future.He's not like Duncan or Manu.He doesn't have the same talent.Speed and quickness are his better skills and these skills are not going to improve with age.Maybe he's not much better shooter than when he was 22-23 and I'm not sure if he knows better the game than when he was young.
    Obviously we were better team with Manu at point last year when Parker was injured than now without Manu

Trade Parker could be great right now to be in the top again at least 2-3 years more.In the future with an older TD and Manu there is not important if Parker still playing in the team because we will be lottery team.Parker is not Lebron James or Kobe Bryant to built a team around him.

But if I trade Parker right now we could add more bench or some young players to be a better team
    Wiht POR -Roy and Aldridge for Parker,Oberto,Udoka?
    With IND -Granger,Ford,Foster for Parker,Oberto??
    With CHI -Gordon,Hinrich,Nocioni for Parker,Mason??
    With NJ -Harris,Brook Lopez for Parker??
    with PHI -Dalembert,Andre miller for Parker??
    with PHI -Green,Iguodala for Parker??

Of course that's only fantasy and we never trade Parker.But I believe that we could be better team with some of this trades than with Parker.

Really I don't want to trade Parker but right now it's the only player of the roster that we could trade to get some good players and right now we need a lot to win the NBA.TD is the best of the world to me and Manu is amazing but I'm not sure if we could get the same for them than for Parker because they are old
    Hahahaha, wow.

The Indiana trade would be pretty sweet...but its never gonna happen and is kinda lopsided.

As for the Chicago trade...that wouldn't even come close to working out salary-wise.

The Spurs to raise money should have a "Be GM for a day" contest. I'd be pretty funny.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, don't get too defensive yet guys... it's pretty obvious that we lack the firepower to get a lot of wins without ginobili, and I think that sending tony parker to portland for Rudy Fernandez, Nicolas Batum, and Travis Outlaw might seem like a pretty good trade. Any thoughts and/or ideas?
    NO! A star for 3 Ok players? Firepower is not the problem, we lack rebounding, trans Defense and shot blocking none of those players provide what we need.

A trade needs to be made to get better up front, or if Ian comes on big that will solve the problem. I think Pops sees we need to make a move but he is waiting to see what Ian and KT are gonna be able to give us.

I say go after Williams from NJ or Wright from Miami, they would make the 5 and or 3 spots better and improve rebounding and defense. I would not be surprised to see the spurs tank this season and roll out strong next year with a younger supporting cast. Bowen, Kt, Bonner, Udoka are giving us nothing and Finley is playing too many mins.

THANK YOU BASED NEAL ClingingMars's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just say no

-Mars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd shop you to Spursreport.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd shop you to Spursreport.com
    i lol'd

-Mars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, maybe we can get a less whiny poster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, maybe we can get a less whiny poster.
    doing business with SR is risky. you never know what you'll get in return.

-Mars

Thread Information