Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MASONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Love this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good game by mason, he is okay...

he should've pumped fake pryzbilla and threw it down on his ass... oh well... tough loss.

Looks like Sequ finally jumped on the bandwagon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bonner was actually decent in the second half and vaughn did his job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mason was terrific again tonight. The key will be can he sustain this great play over an entire season and for longer periods during individual games? If he can the Spurs have a winner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 0-2 is much easier to swallow with Mason looking damn good. Mason in the starting lineup with Ginobili coming off the bench?

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you frickin kidding me? are you that much of a homer? even a 13" black and white tv couldn't yield your assessment of bonner and vaughn.

dude, wake up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 0-2 is much easier to swallow with Mason looking damn good. Mason in the starting lineup with Ginobili coming off the bench?

I don't think it matters!

Both would be nice as starters or off the bench.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yeah, 0 and 2..... that's great...

spurs need another athletic big or two...

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seriously. I also like the effort the Spurs made in the end. It'll be tough staying afloat without Manu, but I think this team will start to figure things out soon.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you frickin kidding me? are you that much of a homer? even a 13" black and white tv couldn't yield your assessment of bonner and vaughn.

dude, wake up.
    LMFAO haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mother ing Roger Mason!!!!

he is an animal

he's got liquid nitrogen in his veins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mason is pretty badass. He's the black manu
    except when he has 3 seconds left to go and is near the rim and dishes it out to someone else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what pisses me off. Bonner at best is just decent. How can we expect to win with this guy? We need a trade or something ASAP

Vaughn was useless last night. he is too slow compared to all the young blazer guys. Hill better step up.

One more time... xtremesteven33's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mason will start when Manu comes back....and if he doesnt, Pop doesnt deserve the beard

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

mason, parker, manu closing out games in the backcourt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1

Exactly what I was thinking, Ginobili seems to relish and play better as the spurs 6th man than he does starting. He also helps anchor the 2nd team and provide leadership and scoring for this group all the while limiting his minutes during the regular season. Lets hope Pop & co go with this strategy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mason, parker, manu closing out games in the backcourt
    + Bowen, TD

we have the most clutch team in basketball

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mason is pretty badass. He's the black manu
    except when he has 3 seconds left to go and is near the rim and dishes it out to someone else
    Or when he's going for a rebound at the end of the first half.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the new contract they just gave Finley, he isn't just going to disappear. They're going to play him somewhat, and sadly, he's probably better if he's a starter. Off the bench he would probably play worse.

That said, I'd like to see minutes reduced to around 15 a night and let Mason get the majority with the rest going to Farmer to see whether or not he is going to be a player for us. That won't happen until Finley starts missing all his shots, which could easily be by next game. On the other hand, maybe his off-season work and weight loss will translate to a consistently improved Finley? The next weeks will suggest a lot of answers.

However, I've never wanted Finley on the Spurs. I actually thought they should have saved the money and stayed with Glenn Robinson for a fraction of the cost because he was just as good a jump shooter and was the only person outside of Tim with a low post game, which sadly, is still the case.

But, Finley has actually been better than Bowen so far this year, which is not a great scenario.

Small ball is going to continue unless KT suddenly gets it or Ian proves he can hold his own, once he's finally ready to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what pisses me off. Bonner at best is just decent. How can we expect to win with this guy? We need a trade or something ASAP

Vaughn was useless last night. he is too slow compared to all the young blazer guys. Hill better step up.

You act like you need all stars at every position.

Guys like Bonner, if they play whole games decently, then your going to win a crap load of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I prefer small ball when you have a freak of nature like Ime on your team. Dude is strong as , I think timvp mentioned he did the best on Aldridge, didn't notice that but I'll trust in tim... vp. And he was 2-3 on clutch 3's, I'll take 66.67% in that area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was better than I expected...I think he will fill Barry's minutes and scoring, which will be positive, but he doesn't push this team over the top 4 in the conference...
    I'd prefer he take Finley's old minutes and Finley can have Barry's erratic ones once Manu comes back. Mase can actually defend and take the ball to the rack, two skills FAR back in Michael Finley's rear view mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mason = BlackBarry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Additional good news about Mason is he's actually a pretty damn good ballhandler. We likely won't have to ever seen Manu as the emergency point guard again. Plus, if Hill doesn't pan out or doesn't produce in the playoffs. The Spurs may actually be able to pull off a three guard rotation between TP, Manu and Mason.

Hopefully Mason keeps up this level of play. The shooting will come back down to earth but if can improve a bit defensively and become a bit more aggressive offensively, he's going to be a good piece. It's pretty exciting to finally have a player outside of the Big Three that can create shots for himself and others. The closest thing the Spurs had to that in the Big Three era was Barry but Barry couldn't really create much of anything off the dribble on a regular basis.

Thread Information