Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would you still take him over corey?
    no. but do you know how much more money we'd be paying Corey???

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fin was efficient with his offense, but his defense and rebounding are atrocious because he just doesn't have the heart for it. He had two or three really bad plays that were ultimately the difference in the game.

I agree..

Finley is MONEY off screens for open shots, and still great on open spot-up jumpers..but he can't score when he dribbles, he's a bad passer, terrible defender and rebounder..

I was disgusted when Finley had his hands on that loose ball and pussied out, letting Amare get a ball he had no business getting..very disappointing at a key moment..

a guy like that is more of a situational player IMO..I imagine that will be more likely when Ginobili returns..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing that you'd say that after a game in which the Spurs had seven total turnovers.
    I realize the team had a low amount of turnovers tonight, but I'm talking about their penchant for miscues.

Goodwill Ambassador spurs_fan_in_exile's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't he look like a PIMP about to slap someone?

Actually he looks like he's ready to Tanqueray.

Stomping on Laker haters Purple & Gold's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mason has always been a good player going back to his Seattle days. Good pick up for the spurs.

Silence surpasses speech. duncan228's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't this someone's icon at some point?
    It's Marcus Bryant's avatar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mason should get playing time over Finley. Neither was any good defensively but I'd rather lose with Mason. Another season starting Finley = no reasonable chance to win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mason wasn't good defensively? from what I saw, he was very good defensively..

Win. Whatever it Takes Whisky Dog's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is doing this guy a disservice. He should be starting ahead of Finley - no doubt.
    I disagree. Right now he needs to get work on the 2nd unit where he can have a better chance to shine and be aggressive. I think Manu takes over in the starting lineup once he's back and in shape sometime around mid to late January if everything goes well and Mason will have the advantage of already being used to his 6th man role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not ready to blow my load, but Mason was great tonight. Start him over Finley. When Manu comes back, we're going to be deep at SG.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Mason play some SF???

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize the team had a low amount of turnovers tonight, but I'm talking about their penchant for miscues.
    Had little to do with the final outcome of the game, aside from Finley's refusal to cover his man on the defensive end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really liked Mason's performance. He played smart basketball and really seemed to fit into the team. He has the ability to add a dimension to the team the Spurs haven't had in the Big Three Era in that he can be a fourth creator for both himself and others.

The aspect I worry most about him is his shooting percentage. I won't be convinced that last year's shooting wasn't a fluke until I see him over the course of at least half the season. Oh and his transition defense needs some major work, although I liked how he defended in the halfcourt sets, considering how new he is to the squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I have to eat crow on Roger Mason, I thought his game would be limited to spot up shooting but he's displayed much much more .. very good ballhandler and takes great care of the basketball which is very reassuring to have a guy like that on the floor. I think Pop can use him either as a
    6th man off the bench, coming in for Finley, but I'd prefer to seem him as the starting wing. Defenitely Popovich deserves credit for this signing.

Finley I believe will give solid minutes this year because of the good shape he's in, but you could see his age is catching up to him, you could see his jumper was falling short on him in the 2nd half of that game. I think he can still be effective but in shorter minutes. He showed he is still one of the better catch and shoot guys coming off screens, and he is still very clutch.

As somebody mentioned before, Parker needs someone that can help run the fast breaks, but I'm not sure who that person will be right now. As much as I respect and like Bowen's defensive game, I think at the very least the spurs need someone who can put help put points on the board in a variety of ways from that position, and right now that would be Manu. I'd insert Ginobili in the starting lineup when he gets back.

Never thought I'd be missing Oberto, but after watching Bonner's shaky ball handling and limited offensive game last night, I can't wait till he returns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am sure he will be great with us

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he has a killer instinct. Something we need in our team.

i support single moms tonylongoriafan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where can i get that #8 jersey?

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger is just another jump shooter like bruce and ime. Which means we will live and die(like last night) from beyond the arc. With the spurs having noone to stop anyone during the 4th quarters of close games and without anyone other then manu being able to penetrate. We will have a short life come PO time. Unless of course we find away to get rid of kurt,fab and bonner. Or at least 2 of them for a guy who can finish or a guy who can rebound and block shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roger is just another jump shooter like bruce and ime. Which means we will live and die(like last night) from beyond the arc. With the spurs having noone to stop anyone during the 4th quarters of close games and without anyone other then manu being able to penetrate. We will have a short life come PO time. Unless of course we find away to get rid of kurt,fab and bonner. Or at least 2 of them for a guy who can finish or a guy who can rebound and block shots.
    wrong. Roger can handle the ball and create his own shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I rather have him come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw him move more with the ball than Bruce and Ime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lone bright spot that I see this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lone bright spot that I see this season.

Hopefully once they get rid of the injuries you can add Hill and Mahinmi to the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bumping jack flash

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good game by mason, he is okay...

he should've pumped fake pryzbilla and threw it down on his ass... oh well... tough loss.

Thread Information