Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Notice how e haven't been increasing in global temerature since 2004. Well guess what guys, the sunspot activity is late at arriving. If this continues, next year will be cooler yet.

I know, many of you will not believe me. Just wait till next year is the sunspot activity fails to return for another year.

Solar wind weakest since beginning of space age

The Radiation from our sun is now at record lows since we have had accurate measurements. It is down below to 1365.4 watts. Will it continue to drop? I hope it drops to just below 1365, buit no farther than 1363 watts. This will prove once and for all that the sun, not CO2, is esponsible for global warming.

Please remember my words today if thuis does happen.

Where is solar cycle 24?

Where's all that Global Warming?

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Global Warming is an unfortunate misnomer. Global Climate Change is the correct terminology. It's funny how many "global warming" deniers there are that have NO IDEA what they're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Global Warming is an unfortunate misnomer. Global Climate Change is the correct terminology. It's funny how many "global warming" deniers there are that have NO IDEA what they're talking about.

Global warming "deniers" -- LOL

Yes, indeed, the climate is changing. Interestingly enough, it will do this with or without the existence of human beings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Global warming "deniers" -- LOL

Yes, indeed, the climate is changing. Interestingly enough, it will do this with or without the existence of human beings.
    Thanks for your opinion professor.

Just Right of Atilla the Hun Yonivore's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are new around here, aren't'cha?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are new around here, aren't'cha?
    In a manner of speaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL John Stossel oh bastion of science!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL John Stossel oh bastion of science!!!
    Al Gore oh bastion of science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Al Gore oh bastion of science.
    Good comeback. I personally trust my former science professors who actually know what they're talking about. Books and scientific studies help too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good comeback. I personally trust my former science professors who actually know what they're talking about. Books and scientific studies help too.
    Really?

Then post the scientific study that proves the theory that anthropogenic global warming is occurring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really?

Then post the scientific study that proves the theory that anthropogenic global warming is occurring.
    I'll take a page out of the conservative playbook,

"I'm not doing your homework for you. find it yourself"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or, if you were smart enough, you could read the published articles and draw your own conclusions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've done it. There is no such study.

Your newbie is showing...this subject has been hashed and rehashed in this forum on several occasions. Never has anyone, who believes there is anthropogenic climate effects, been able to post a scientific study that proves that theory. Never.

However, there's been plenty of stuff posted in here that says the sun heats this ball up and cools it down.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Did you know there is a large payment to be awarded for proof of anthropogenic global warming? Been out there for a year or two, maybe longer. Nobody has yet to claim it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or, if you were smart enough, you could read the published articles and draw your own conclusions.
    I did. Did ya miss that part where I said, "Books and scientific studies help too"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've done it. There is no such study.

Your newbie is showing...this subject has been hashed and rehashed in this forum on several occasions. Never has anyone, who believes there is anthropogenic climate effects, been able to post a scientific study that proves that theory. Never.

However, there's been plenty of stuff posted in here that says the sun heats this ball up and cools it down.
    I know. That's why it's a theory. However there is a whole bunch of empirical evidence that global climate change is real and is being caused by us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did. Did ya miss that part where I said, "Books and scientific studies help too"?
    And dictionaries without pictures, apparently.

So, what "books and scientific studies" helped you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. That's why it's a theory. However there is a whole bunch of empirical evidence that global climate change is real and is being caused by us.
    Really? Cite the empirical evidence.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How old are you?

I'm beginning to think by the way you post and your reasoning skills, that you are between the ages of 11 to 14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And dictionaries without pictures, apparently.

So, what "books and scientific studies" helped you?
    Why do you care? If I post any of the studies would it ever even come close to changing your mind? As you said, this has been discussed at great length here. What are the chances I have something new that will make you do a complete 180?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How old are you?

I'm beginning to think by the way you post and your reasoning skills, that you are between the ages of 11 to 14.
    Good guess.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How are your math skills? Consider that the earths average temperature is about 288 degrees kelvin. What is the temperature change in celcius if the earth would be 55 kelvin with no solar heat, and the sun changes by 0.25%

Now consider this. How stable is the sun over the course of a few hundred years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you care? If I post any of the studies would it ever even come close to changing your mind? As you said, this has been discussed at great length here. What are the chances I have something new that will make you do a complete 180?
    If they were reputable, rigorously peer-reviewed by scientists in the field of climatology, and published in reputable scientific journals...like just about every other theory on which global policy-making hinges. Sure...I could be persuaded.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How old are you?

Well considering your reasoning skills depend on whether a Republican or Democrat is invlolved I'd refrain from complaining about someone else's..

Thread Information